Bolt action Rifles automatic reload after shoot

IronRaider

Good day,

with sniper rifles (Bolt action rifles) I think it's not good that they reload after a shot automatic. It is therefore not possible to track with a riflescope if the target has been hit. A normal shooter follows the shot and is watching the target has been hit in sight. then will be reloaded. It is possible that the sniper rifles must be reloaded manually after the shot, to be able to follow the shot? Best regards 

(Sorry for bad english)**

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Agreed.  I would recommend a system like Arma where if you press and hold the LMB (or whatever you fire button is) then it does not reload until you release the button.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

+1 I Agree, BF3 also had the option if you hold the aim down sight button it would not reload. this allows the sniper to see where his/her bullet hits so they can calculate the next shot.

Especially since we currently do not have range finders in game.

Devs have said they are aware of this and are going to implement a system to fix it. 

The bigger issue with snipers right now is that the (super unrealistic) laser recoil on rifles means snipers are outclassed. 

Edited by cribbit

+1 on this as well and sniper rifles should have very lower recoil, Ive fired several ones inculsing JNG-90's they shoot soft and straight.  whilas in the game it bucks like some shitty hunting rifle whilst ar fires steady.  

Flip them both over, and add manual action for boltaction and we're in business.

• 3 months later...
Am 22.2.2018 um 05:00 schrieb Dappercat85:

+1 on this as well and sniper rifles should have very lower recoil, Ive fired several ones inculsing JNG-90's they shoot soft and straight.  whilas in the game it bucks like some shitty hunting rifle whilst ar fires steady.  

It all depends on your stand. Free hand shooting a sniper rifle is for sure not super straight no recoil. But having a bipod and proneing can make it more steady. Actually EFT already reduces recoil if you are prone or crouching so I don't think there is a problem.
I watched a video on youtube a soldier shot a SV98 which kicked pretty hard, even he was proneing. Sure, since he layed down with bipod the barrel wasn't shifted up too much. But if you do this standing or crouching you won't be able to keep it absolutely steady.

Having the biggest calibers in game making low recoil is also an issue for balance. If M14 will be introduced I don't want it to be a laser beam being possible deadly with a single shot to unarmored targets.

On 2/4/2018 at 11:07 PM, IronRaider said:

Good day,

with sniper rifles (Bolt action rifles) I think it's not good that they reload after a shot automatic. It is therefore not possible to track with a riflescope if the target has been hit. A normal shooter follows the shot and is watching the target has been hit in sight. then will be reloaded. It is possible that the sniper rifles must be reloaded manually after the shot, to be able to follow the shot? Best regards 

I had the same idea like a while back, manual charging or racking of all weapons, this will add realism to battlefield pickups as well. Since loading a mag in the weapon, your character doesn't automatically rack the slide/ charging handle (for ar's with the bolt catch/release in the depressed position) manipulate the bolt etc when you pick up a weapon you can either check the chamber to see if it is loaded then charging it to load a round if the chamber turns out empty, spending more time with the weapon down from the fight. or preemptively charging the weapon as you pick it up saving time but possibly loosing a round that may have already been in the chamber you decided not to check. Ultimately this new system allows weapons on the battlefield to be in many conditions. Loaded, unloaded, dry, loaded but without round in the chamber etc. And also solve your marksmanship concerns.

Edited by Mouchizz
Had to do some clarifications

• 1 year later...
2 минуты назад, Tullu сказал:

Hi, bringing this back up because I can't see where my bullet hits after each shot:

Simple solution:

Player needs to press "R" to activate bolt action reload. Por Favor!

Just don't release left button right after the shot.

Edited by aardvarck

On 2/4/2018 at 5:07 PM, IronRaider said:

Good day,

With master level 3, reload the weapon without taking your eyes off your sights.

1 hour ago, aardvarck said:

Just don't release left button right after the shot.

Doesn't work.

1 hour ago, ARGENT0 said:

With master level 3, reload the weapon without taking your eyes off your sights.

Good to know, but no need if I don't reload to begin with.

23 hours ago, Tullu said:

Doesn't work.

uhm yes it does

A very quick test (not really, because I knew it worked) in the hideout. When firing, just keep the left mouse button pressed, when you release it, it will reload.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 2:44 PM, Plasterninja said:

uhm yes it does

A very quick test (not really, because I knew it worked) in the hideout. When firing, just keep the left mouse button pressed, when you release it, it will reload.

Can't believe you made me a video. Much love bro ❤️

• 2 months later...

I don't like auto bolting because it hinders the movement of the player when trying to be mobile as every second counts, when fighting against people mid range to close range when only equipped with a bolt action rifle should allow players to choose when to bolt the rifle. These seconds count as there is no real Staggering to enemy players when shooting them unless you hit their legs, but when shooting center of mass and you want to relocate quickly if the enemy player locates your position, most of the time the enemy is rocking a fully automatic weapon which means you get melted if caught bolting the rifle trying to fit another shot after the bolt and you are just beginning to get shot or you have to finish your animation of bolting to start sprinting. same thing with pump shotguns.

These little features are key when you have these single action type weapons that require patience and timing but also the ability to choose when to cycle. Sometimes I just want to shoot once not bolt and pull out my pistol afterwards if Im rocking a pistol as my only secondary.

Auto bolting is not the way to go. especially when you have so much choice in the game as it stands.

Edited by NoonTimeDrunk
forgot