Sign in to follow this  
Scotsman84

Ban these Macro Strength levelling abusers

Scotsman84

Just strolling through shoreline heading to the customs exit and I hear some strange jumping sound over and over and can't figure it out.. Creep round the corner and what do I see... A hatchling standing jumping into a wall in a bush LOL.

Please consider having some detection and ban or reset the strength level of these abusing punks. Macro jumping their way to high strength is clear abuse. Couldn't believe it when I seen it then realized what he was doing.

Why can't people just play the game normally? SMH!

• Sad 4

Seddrik-9mm

What? You don't exercise IRL? Do you know how many squats i've done in my lifetime? How many push ups? I don't stand around in game doing this but... if some goober wants to go jump against a wall constantly as part of his game (thus making noise so you can come shoot him)... then let him. Its not a hack or glitch. Why ban him?

SPuNx

I thought they nerfed the strength training spam? People would have 40 T-bags with a battery in the last one and jump around.

Mr_Sheep
1 hour ago, Scotsman84 said:

Just strolling through shoreline heading to the customs exit and I hear some strange jumping sound over and over and can't figure it out.. Creep round the corner and what do I see... A hatchling standing jumping into a wall in a bush LOL.

Please consider having some detection and ban or reset the strength level of these abusing punks. Macro jumping their way to high strength is clear abuse. Couldn't believe it when I seen it then realized what he was doing.

Why can't people just play the game normally? SMH!

He could be watching YouTube on a different screen, i've done it so how could you know its a marco? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Shmickel

Soft skill are there to be lvl up. If they find a way to lvl it up faster without the fear of losing gear so in the future they have a better chance to survive with gear against stronger people, that is their choice.

Enjoying the game with boring repetitive grinding or play the game all in Full Metal Jacket is anyone personal choice.

What is next? Banning people running around for the fun of it to increase stamina?

Next time you see one of them, just kill him, get is tag and carry on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Scotsman84
3 hours ago, Mr_Sheep said:

He could be watching YouTube on a different screen, i've done it so how could you know its a marco? 

I sat there and watched him way out of the main map half way between the rock passage and road to customs jumping into the wall and the rock in a bush for about 5 minutes, so hes sitting spamming jump watching you tube? Possible? Yes.. Likely? NO lol

33 minutes ago, Shmickel said:

Soft skill are there to be lvl up. If they find a way to lvl it up faster without the fear of losing gear so in the future they have a better chance to survive with gear against stronger people, that is their choice.

Enjoying the game with boring repetitive grinding or play the game all in Full Metal Jacket is anyone personal choice.

What is next? Banning people running around for the fun of it to increase stamina?

Next time you see one of them, just kill him, get is tag and carry on.

Come on your justifying using a macro to jump into a wall to get excessive strength.. Surely not the way the system was intended at all. Running around is completely different. poo comparison because if he was running and jumping all over the map doing it himself I would be ok with it but hes not hes got it automated while hes away watching youtube or whatever.

3 hours ago, Mr_Sheep said:

On another note did a Moderator "A pillar of the community" just admit to using sad cheesy tactics to level up stats.. That's pretty funny.

Anyway I put my suggestion out.. Have a nice day :)

• Like 1
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 2

Shmickel

Reading your topic over again, I agree with you; not a fan of macro and bots also or any means to automatically cheat their way into stat increase.

But i think people are mostly defending against banning people for using fast ways to lvl strength since it is a hard one to lvl and if someone want to press the space bar for 30 min in a bush while watching video on Youtube or run/jump around, then he/she can have had it.

• Upvote 1

GhostZ69
1 hour ago, Scotsman84 said:

I sat there and watched him way out of the main map half way between the rock passage and road to customs jumping into the wall and the rock in a bush for about 5 minutes, so hes sitting spamming jump watching you tube? Possible? Yes.. Likely? NO lol

I watched a couple of movies on my second monitor while doing this.  I watched Logan, a movie I did not find to be very great despite my love for the Super Hero movies and Wolverine being one of my favorites.  I also watched Hacksaw Ridge.  A really great movie, based on a true story, about how we can misjudge people very greatly.  A couple of other movies as well.  If you need any suggestions let me know.  I did find myself tapping in unison to some songs.  Maybe a good musical might help with strength training if they are your thing.

Toenado

Personally don't care if someone spends their time hitting spacebar all day. I do however think strength leveling needs a rework if this is the preferred method to power level the stat.

Edited by Toenado
  • Upvote 3

pknugrec

If you cant beat them, join them.  Fact remains it is only beta still and there WILL be a wipe so anyone who wants to spend time training skills are not going to be able to keep them and it's not THAT big of a deal.  

Banning people for maxing strength would also constitute bans for stress resistance dehydration/healing method and you can add every other skill to that list.

vic13ious

what do you honestly care what they are doing if it isn't hacking or glitching. The guy is jumping up and down in game. who cares?

njdaemon

@Scotsman84 ever play Skyrim?

or like.. any Elder Scrolls game?

Curlyguy

If people want to spend their time doing that, whatever. I do agree with what was said above about a rework though. If I play normally how I do, and there's no single mechanic to normal play that allows a steady increase in any skill, then there's a problem. I've played normally for weeks, and my strength is still 0. Anytime I do make any progress from the rare occasion that I'm overburdened, breaching doors, or throwing grenades; it is quickly negated after the long pause between those actions.

It's almost like this type of response is forced because of the criteria to level this skill, which is pretty dumb. However, it's still beta and I'm confident that a rework of any skill matching the above description will be reworked to allow for steady increase through "normal" play, and be balanced enough so that those that do power level aren't totally OP from doing so.

Death4ce

Didnt you know , wall bush jumping is the new Looting.

• Upvote 1

Darkphantom

I personally feel that people that make stupid posts on the forum should be banned.

time wasters......

oafking2

Beta sucks. Maybe there will be better ways to level str by just playing the game eventually. 

Rapptor555
18 hours ago, Mr_Sheep said:

Really? Glad we have mods like you with such great wisdom.

• Like 1

Scotsman84
6 hours ago, Darkphantom said:

I personally feel that people that make stupid posts on the forum should be banned.

time wasters......

100% Macro user :begreat:

• Like 1

ShinobiSpec
2 minutes ago, Scotsman84 said:

100% Macro user :begreat:

This.
Isn't macros essentially cheating?

DanExert

Just stop jumping from levelling strength, then people will have to actually play the game to get stronger ;)

sYs

Nobody cares.

Skill system is a grind and grind is all about repetition. 

I would love to see classical RPG themed stat distribution for skills like strength, endurance and so on..

You level up - get that much points - decide where to spend them. 

• Upvote 1

DanExert
Just now, sYs said:

I would love to see classical RPG themed stat distribution for skills like strength, endurance and so on..

You level up - get that much points - decide where to spend them.

Agreed, if there were core skills as you say, accompanied say by the secondary skills like metabolism, weapon types etc. I think this could work really well

• Like 1

Mr_Sheep

Locked.

To the users that were warned Provocation, Trolling, Flame is not tolerated on this forum. 

• Hot 1