t3hjustin

Changes to Team Play, UI

t3hjustin

Hello Everyone,

I can't help but feel that EFT is promoting single play rather than group play, and in a game with as niche of a market as this one I would like to see some changes made.

Picture this: You are new to EFT and these style of games. You hop in with squad mates who are going to show you the ropes. They plan to give you a run down of maps and looting locations along with extraction points. Great! lets do it!. Now you load into a map you know nothing about but know you just need to follow your squad, easy enough right?. Your squad comes under fire and mass confusion starts. Was that you? Where are you? Can you tell the direction the shots came from? "HELL NO, I don't know where the shots came from! I don't even know where you are in relation to my location anymore because I don't even know where I am". Now this happens over and over and over while you are just trying to learn the map with friends. I would feel far less worried about going in with a squad if I had SOME way of knowing their location without knowing the maps like the back of my hand. Yes, I know there is an offline mode to explore the maps and I do that from time to time but it does not prepare you for what happens in a team firefight. I don't have hours and hours to dump into this game to learn the maps right away, so it's going to take time. I enjoy the game and play an hour or so a night. But I feel like this game wants me to play alone so I can only worry about myself.  

Team Play/UI - When two player PMC's can look 100 percent identical (I am talking combat uniform, body armor/helmet here) there NEEDS to be a way to tell them apart. I can't always make out gun models from a distance which adds to the confusion. I know arm bands or something along those lines are in the works but I feel it may not be enough especially if they are not in my line of sight. I would like to see an actual outline or maybe even one line of text above my teammates head with his name to know his location. If that is not a direction you would like to go then maybe give me a compass? At least a teammate can tell me his location or enemy locations based off that compass. We are soldiers in a mil sim style game, give me a compass, because no soldier would wander into unknown territory without a map and compass. 

I am not saying that the communication between my friends and I are rock solid and this is all the games fault. It's not, we suck at talking sometimes and squad mates wander off on me all the time, but if I had some way of knowing where they went with either a compass, or marker, I and maybe others would be grateful. Thank you for your time and energy you have put into this game. 

neur0tix
5 minutes ago, t3hjustin said:

so it's going to take time

I am just going to drag this from your comment and put it here for you as an answer to your whole essey.

Not only learning maps, but knowing your squad too. I can clearly state that me and my squad already polished almost everything. The distance we are allow to go from eachother, the distance between us to prevent grenade wipes and you always need to see at least 1 of your teammate and thousand and thousand other rules. When we go Customs And Shoreline, we absolutely nail it. However, what I wanna say mostly is that when we go Woods and we take for example 1 random guy with us then EVERYTHING you described above applies double the time. Its a horror, chaos, panic, team killing, voice chat shouting about locations, dying to wrong communication and more and more and more. 

So once again:

10 minutes ago, t3hjustin said:

so it's going to take time

Fezyx
1 hour ago, t3hjustin said:

When two player PMC's can look 100 percent identical (I am talking combat uniform, body armor/helmet here) 

In Armed conflict, where soldiers have same gear... they are same...
this game is about realism, i dont say its perfect, but let it be. ofc the have "wristbands" or logo on arm, but in rush of the game, it will not help you cuz you dont have time to recognize symbols etc...

We play in 4man group, had same problem, you just need to talk,talk,talk and listen,listen,listen... position,changing weapons, even crouching should be announced in team chat .. dont know what you using, we prefer twitchapp.
after 10-15 fails we start to be better, stop dying, and now we survive everybody 4/4 ppl  - 8/10 raids and 2/10 die somebody, never die everybody.

and that dies are mostly fail with granades to Windows from far :)

Have a nice day

t3hjustin

I don't fully buy the realism hype, sorry man :/ . The gun play is fun and exciting but no where near realistic when you consider the lazer beams people have for fully modded M4's and AK's.These weapons should be tap fired unless laying down suppresive fire, or if the enemy is right in your face. The lazer-like weapons add to the mass confusion due to suppressors or flash hiders. Yes I have shot both and even carried one on two deployments. I don't intend to come off as a pretentious prick, I just know how some people want some kind of proof when expressing how a weapon is suppose to function. 

The fact I can shoot someone in the face with a pistol and it does nothing because the helmet still currently protects their entire head is a bit triggering as well and takes you away from the realistic aspect. As far as your armband comment, I agree, in the heat of the moment I probably wouldn't stop to take time to check arm bands in a firefight. I would still like some way to tell my team apart from another PMC wearing the same thing. 

What is realistic is the god damn bullet sounds.... holy poo... gives me genuine anxiety sometimes before I have to remind myself its a game lol. 

Have a nice day as well :)

Edited by t3hjustin

gijoeyjojoe

I do not agree,  the whole point is to communicate with your squad and move tactically. The possible confusion and friendly fire also help even the field for the single player. Want to team up with a team of 4 and destroy everything in your path? You better learn how to communicate and work with a squad. 

gijoeyjojoe

I agree with adding more recoil , it shouldn't even out when holding down the trigger.

Death4ce

Yeah just a little system for grouping would be nice, like one used on arma epoch. Makes everyones life so much easier, doesn't take away realism whatsoever, just makes the game more enjoyable, look at squad, realistic, but has a tag system for allies, A GROUP TAG SYSTEM WOULD BE LOVELY!

LordSquidworth
7 hours ago, Fezyx said:

In Armed conflict, where soldiers have same gear... they are same...
this game is about realism, i dont say its perfect, but let it be. ofc the have "wristbands" or logo on arm, but in rush of the game, it will not help you cuz you dont have time to recognize symbols etc...

We play in 4man group, had same problem, you just need to talk,talk,talk and listen,listen,listen... position,changing weapons, even crouching should be announced in team chat .. dont know what you using, we prefer twitchapp.
after 10-15 fails we start to be better, stop dying, and now we survive everybody 4/4 ppl  - 8/10 raids and 2/10 die somebody, never die everybody.

and that dies are mostly fail with granades to Windows from far :)

Have a nice day

Game needs different uniforms. Not a matter of talk talk talk. That's the whole point of uniforms to begin with... to distinguish friend from foe.

Armbands is just sad.

If they're going for realism... You know who your friends are. Here, everyone looks the same.

gijoeyjojoe

I don't get why people want to rob themselves on the experience of this game. Part of the experience is forcing players to communicate their position, if they are coming out of a room, if they are flanking, etc. If you put in a system to identify team mates easily then you take away that aspect of the game. On top of that you now put single players at a even more disadvantage. 

part of the thrill of this game is making sure you don't shoot your own team mate in a fire fight , taking that away then drives the game in more of a bland , everyday fps.  

Also if you add a clear way to identify  teammates you just robbed solo and duo players of having the chance of taking down a squad.

I am for them adding more clothing items, but thats about it, if you can't figure out how to coordinate with your team that's on you. not the game design.  

The clothing could be different color shirts, maybe different color pants, different face masks, but those items need to cost money and be available to everyone else.  Basically having enough clothing items create unique enough "uniforms" but still having the risk that by pure bad luck somebody on the server is dressed the same way.

Edited by gijoeyjojoe

ZeroLightGaming

You know whats worse when you team up with people through the ingame search for group and immediately coming into the game your team mates kill you. Been playing all day having a hard time one solo so I want to go COOP not knowing anyone I have to use this option in finding squad mates only to find two seconds of fresh air before I'm gargling blood. if there is going to be an option to squad up there needs to be some precautionary measures to prevent this. Its just free loot for players apparently..

gijoeyjojoe

Join the EFT Discord, they usually don't team kill, and if they do if you report them they get banned from that discord.

I have teamed up with  a good amount of players on that discord and havent been teamkilled yet, actually when I was level 5 they would bring in gear for me to use in the raid.

Edited by gijoeyjojoe

hooty

I am not a fan of the game mechanic that keeps you constantly asking "is this you? is that you? where are you? are you with me?" or constantly having to explain "that's me walking, i'm on the stairs, i'm looting" and all this nonsense chatter that seems way to unrealistic to be defended as realism. We are existing inside a game and this is an artificial constraint to make it somehow feel real. When I go out with a friend, never once have I had to communicate this type of information and it would be extremely awkard if my friend walked 20 feet away from me and I had to call him and be all "is that you? wait, are you wearing a blue shirt?"

And maybe 10% of the player base has their P's and Q's when it comes to this type of tactical awareness but for the rest of us, it never makes sense when you are getting communications like "i'm down the hill" or "scav to the left of where we were a minute ago" or some other of the infinitely ambiguous communications.

The only reason we're having to do this is because we've dropped ourselves into a game. This is not real. It's not as if our PMCs have to take a poo because that's also reality. I want to play a game of shooting up people and gambling on whether I can get out. I don't want to play some metagame of marco ducking polo.

Just figure out another way to keep it even with solos against groups because if that's the only reason, then that's weak tea. If I'm solo, what do I care if the other team can see each other? If I'm solo, I know for a fact that anybody who isn't me needs to be killed. And how realistic is it that I can kill one bad guy and then he just communicates his position and information posthumously through discord? 

In short, it may be "realistic" but it is a game mechanic that is artificial. It's the same reason not including a ducking compass is artificial.

P.S. I want these changes implemented by close of business Friday, February 9th 2018. I want to know who my team members are so I can play the real game and not some silly "pin the tail on the donkey while blindfolded" metagame.

Edited by hooty

Fezyx

ye ye make colored wristbands..... make player can paint his stuff.... and lets play colorfull game like fegits :PP

gijoeyjojoe
16 hours ago, hooty said:

I am not a fan of the game mechanic that keeps you constantly asking "is this you? is that you? where are you? are you with me?" or constantly having to explain "that's me walking, i'm on the stairs, i'm looting" and all this nonsense chatter that seems way to unrealistic to be defended as realism. We are existing inside a game and this is an artificial constraint to make it somehow feel real. When I go out with a friend, never once have I had to communicate this type of information and it would be extremely awkard if my friend walked 20 feet away from me and I had to call him and be all "is that you? wait, are you wearing a blue shirt?"

And maybe 10% of the player base has their P's and Q's when it comes to this type of tactical awareness but for the rest of us, it never makes sense when you are getting communications like "i'm down the hill" or "scav to the left of where we were a minute ago" or some other of the infinitely ambiguous communications.

The only reason we're having to do this is because we've dropped ourselves into a game. This is not real. It's not as if our PMCs have to take a poo because that's also reality. I want to play a game of shooting up people and gambling on whether I can get out. I don't want to play some metagame of marco ducking polo.

Just figure out another way to keep it even with solos against groups because if that's the only reason, then that's weak tea. If I'm solo, what do I care if the other team can see each other? If I'm solo, I know for a fact that anybody who isn't me needs to be killed. And how realistic is it that I can kill one bad guy and then he just communicates his position and information posthumously through discord? 

In short, it may be "realistic" but it is a game mechanic that is artificial. It's the same reason not including a ducking compass is artificial.

P.S. I want these changes implemented by close of business Friday, February 9th 2018. I want to know who my team members are so I can play the real game and not some silly "pin the tail on the donkey while blindfolded" metagame.

Clothing items that you can coordinate with team members I see nothing wrong with, adding a UI system for identifying team mates,  I have to disagree with.  Making the game easier for players is not the direction this game should go.

Edited by gijoeyjojoe

Arzzet
17 hours ago, hooty said:

And how realistic is it that I can kill one bad guy and then he just communicates his position and information posthumously through discord? 

This is the only thing I agree. But yeah some things prove is still a game anyways. And have to be like that ( even if I'd like to cut comms after dying, and even so I'd like to watch my mate playing after I die because waiting in lobby is boring xD. 

But the point here is that since there's no kill cam, you many times cannot know from where get killed, so you will not communicate accurately anything beside the position you died. There is not much difference if you have well trained comms ( wich is much about here ) the only difference with realism is that in real life your teammate don't respond, so you figure out you are alone now, and if you were communicating till that moment, you know the position he was taken out, so the info is the same more or less. ( Obviously in some situations, not all of them )

This game pretends to be realistic, but still a game, if you argue about, then play a raid, and uninstall the game afer dying and never play it again, because you are dead.

Ronkde

There needs to be character customization and way more cosmetic items. Also I think having no tag or anything is not realistic with the current graphics since you can see way clearer in real life but in eft you have to get really close to see the same detail. Im not saying I want nametags but I dont think an arm band is enough.