Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Olloch

Describing Your Moves

Recommended Posts

Olloch

Hello Escapers,

Many of you may not be familiar with the concept of Roleplaying. This concept involves acting out the actions or in this case typing the actions of a specific character or characters. In a forum RPG like this the Player (You) has autonomy over their character, you describe your actions on the game forum and then plot them on the panel. Then the GM (Me) comes back and tells you how successful you were. I use a roll system with some other factors taken into account to determine your outcome. Here is an early exchange between a player who has clearly roleplayed before, and the GM.


Player: @UncleDark
Move/Search
 

Spoiler

 Woke up at my makeshift leanto in the woods at AR-01, and had my last batch of coffee.
After covering my tracks I decided to cross the highway. While crossing the highway I happened upon corpse of one of those Russian pmc's, still clutching to his some what beat up aksu-74. "I need to properly check the state of this gun after i've found some shelter" I thought to myself while relinquishing that poor soul of his gun and tactical rig. After checking his pockets for any coffee I noticed that it was well past midday already. "Seems like I need to speed up and head to houses at AT-01 in order to find more coffee, suplies and perhaps even some protective gear." I muttered. Once I got close to the first house I could smell that some bastard had already found some coffee. I had grown increasingly irritated due to lack of coffee, thus without thinking a another thought I slammed a fresh clip into my new aks and charged straight inside the house, while only thinking about getting my hands on some fresh brew no matter the cost.


GM: @Olloch
Move/Search
Mixed Success 5.45x39 x4

Spoiler

Splitting your actions between searching and moving for the day seemed to hurt your efforts on both accounts. Early in the day while looking down at the floor and trying to keep a decent pace you manage to trip and sprain an ankle. Hobbling along and cursing your luck your gimp foot connects something hard and metallic. DING! You look down to find a coffee can. There looks to be enough coffee here to get you through, at least for a few more days. The four bullets you found will also come in handy, that is if you ever find a gun to fire them.


Player: @UncleDark
Search
 

Spoiler

After hurting my leg, I was certain that lady luck had abandoned me, but finding that can of coffee proved that this fickle lady was only toying with me as she always did. In attempt to please her I offered few of my precious coffee beans, before heading out once again. This time I decided to be more carefull and focus on searching the highway as I saw what seemed to be a scene of somewhat recent firefight in middle of the highway.

Thinking to myself "This seems to be too good to be true." I decided to aproach the scene as quietly as I could. "Ok in and out quickly and quietly, I only hope that my offering pleased the lady"



GM: @Olloch
Search
Success

Universal Cartridge, Experience 20

Spoiler

After two days of wandering through the forest you emerge on a highway. To your right, the city of Tarkov, to your left, the border and almost certain death. You decide to stop and survey the scene of a grizzly firefight. 

You think to yourself "Why does everyone seem to have a gun but me?"

You're standing over a man, you're no doctor but he looks very very dead. You give him a soft kick in the ribs just to be sure. You squat down and begin to search his pockets. You immediately realize whatever he was carrying must have been looted sometime ago. You notice a slight bulge near his ankle. You assume its some kind of boot knife or ankle pistol. Pulling up his pant leg you notice some kind of inject-able drug. The medical kind, not the recreational kind, you think anyway. After all, you're no doctor.


This exchange was over the course of a Real life week/Two game days. This hopefully helps players understand more about how the forum RPG is actually played.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2