Sign in to follow this  
PuddleMurda

Very inconvenient lag

PuddleMurda

A bit pissed off now. Almost rage quit and was about to let this ruin my evening, but I thought; -Let's go flaming in the forum instead! 

Just started a raid at customs... yadda yadda yadda... about 10 minutes of raiding, scav headshots and general ****ing about, and I had not experienced a single stutter or lag. 

Then... another player and me run into each other. I am in a slightly elevated position on a warehouse loading dock. He is down on the grass below me, about 5-6 meters away. I see him first, so I aim down my reflex sight and start unloading... at least that's what I think. After the first shot from my PS loaded SKS goes off, a giant cluster **** of a lag. The player rubberbands backwards a little bit, while I try to follow him with my laggy as **** aim, and simultaneously spamming the RMB. Maybe one more shot goes off, some 5-6 clicks later, not on target as my PMC is suffering severe lag-spasms. The dude hoses me down, while rubberbanding, and I am dead.

A little too many of these broken moments in this game. As survival is the main goal here, not being able to survive every other raid due to this kind of poo is not favorable. In a game where every encounter with another player means a lot more than a point on a sheet, or a quick re-spawn, these performance issues has got to go. 

Note; I don't care that I lost whatever gear I had. I am not salty I got killed. However, it pisses me the **** off when I invest time and effort in to a raid, only to have it end due to a technical malfunction. 

Rant over. 

bishopzero

inb4 "beta early access game deal with it"

I really feel you, the sudden stutter and armor bug is really taking the fun of this.

Ok fine have your cookie and tell us this is beta and expect bugs, but it's something that was reported heavily.

also the "we will not get an answer, because they are not obligated to tell us" We are here to test yes, but we ALSO want to have some fun and some humble answers to the player complains don't you think? And these critical bugs still ongoing takes that away.

Edited by bishopzero
  • Sad 2

Eragon284th
5 minutes ago, bishopzero said:

I really feel you, the sudden stutter and armor bug is really taking the fun of this.

Ok fine have your cookie and tell us this is beta and expect bugs, but it's something that was reported heavily.

also the "we will not get an answer, because they are not obligated to tell us" We are here to test yes, but we ALSO want to have some fun and some humble answers to the player complains don't you think? And these critical bugs still ongoing takes that away.

It's a beta deal with it. And you want answers? The Devs have not only released statements about this, they have also released fixes that make this occur less often. It was so much worse a few patches ago. They are actively working on it, and telling us about their progress.

bUm805
9 minutes ago, bishopzero said:

beta early access game deal with it

How long have you been playing Tarkov? Do you even remember how bad it was back in the day?

11 minutes ago, bishopzero said:

We did get answers. Quite a few along with many fixes to lessen the frequency of these lag spikes, stutters, whatever and the severity of them. Sure, I get them in the most inconvenient moments such as what the OP encountered. Always when I’m about to sweep the corner and engage an enemy player/group. Bam, hits me. What should’ve been easy kills and free gear turns into me dead. Do I get angry, salty, pout and rant on the forums? No, I deal with it because the game is not a finished product.

P.S. beta early access game deal with it

• Like 1
  • Hot 1

PuddleMurda

Alright, so it is a known and widely addressed issue. That's great! 

I did not mean to start anything. I had the options of ranting here or punching the screen, I chose the latter. 

Went for another raid right after that. Ironically got in to a fight, and killed / got killed by my friends, which of one has just started playing. I experienced the exact same lag then as well. I got the stutter lag as soon as they entered my field of view, all three times the two of them entered, left, and then re-entered my field of view at close range. 

We joined up, I talked about this, and the guy who has just started playing expressed how he has the exact same issue. This does not happen with scavs, only PMCs.

Hope they will find a solid fix for this. 

Btw, shout-out to the devs for creating a great team / squad-friendly game. Haven't had this much fun playing with friends in a long time. The next raid, we got into a long shoot-out with another squad, exchanging fire from shotguns, silenced weapons, AKSUs, and grenades were flying back and forth. We got the upper hand after a while, and the other crew retreated. 1-2 minutes of intense, exhilarating combat, and all of us made it out of there alive. Epic moment, and something you do not see every day playing video games. 

Edited by PuddleMurda

TanithScout

News just in: guy looses gear in beta raid  in heavily unoptimized game due to lag.

If its like this at release then storm the forums, otherwise get on with it. All my quests are now shoreline, and theres a them. I get 20fps on my potatoe pc on shoreline. Solution? Don't take in Fort/Fast/Zoom optic M4.

PuddleMurda
53 minutes ago, TanithScout said:

News just in: guy looses gear in beta raid  in heavily unoptimized game due to lag.

If its like this at release then storm the forums, otherwise get on with it. All my quests are now shoreline, and theres a them. I get 20fps on my potatoe pc on shoreline. Solution? Don't take in Fort/Fast/Zoom optic M4.

News just in: Dude reads other people's comments, and argues that those comments are illegitimate with "beta" and "get on with it". Thank you for the enlightening input, good sir. I have never ever seen that rhetoric in a game forum before.  

Oh, more news are in: Dude does not read what others write, and comment **** that he think is clever, when in reality it is just lazy. 

16 hours ago, PuddleMurda said:

Note; I don't care that I lost whatever gear I had. I am not salty I got killed. However, it pisses me the **** off when I invest time and effort in to a raid, only to have it end due to a technical malfunction. 

I gave EFT another go now. Two times, on customs, 15-20 minutes in, "connection lost". I had both times completed the same mission, geared up and was on my way out of there. I got to keep the stuff I brought in to these raids, so not a biggy, just keep at it I guess. I spawned in again, took two steps, got killed by two full gear dudes.

Beta testing in all its glory, but damn. The amount of issues I have in a couple of raids here is equal to that of tens of hours played in DayZ Standalone, if not hundreds of hours. DayZ is in alpha stage still, and the amount of **** that game is getting for just about everything is staggering. This is supposed to be released this year?  I do not know much about game development, but I wish BSG the best of luck! 

Awesome game, in so many ways, but these issues are clearly bothering players a hell of a lot. Remember the outrage with BF4, and its issues on release? Personally, I thought that game sucked, but I never once experienced the issues people were so bothered by. Here it is unavoidable, no matter who you are. These issues occur once every other game. It is a tad bit worrying. 

And c'mon dude.. storm the forums? What, according to you, are we supposed to do here? Hug, cuddle, bake cakes and sing Kumbaya? This is a game forum, and people express their opinions about a game they have bought and is currently playing. If no one ever commented on anything, then this place is completely pointless. BETA or not, people have paid money, and is playing this game in its current state. YouTubers promote it, the hype is real. If you do not like people commenting, reasonably or flaming, then move to an oppressive state somewhere where freedom of speech is considered blasphemy. 

PIG-Mathieu

Correct me if i' m wrong but the development team knows the game and want it done way more than any of us there. You can be sure that if those issues are still there, it' s either going to be fixed or fixed already but awaiting for a patch.

Some issues are more complex than other, the development has come far the past year and i guess it' s not stopping right now

Edited by PIG-Mathieu

PuddleMurda
1 hour ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Correct me if i' m wrong but the development team knows the game and want it done way more than any of us there. You can be sure that if those issues are still there, it' s either going to be fixed or fixed already but awaiting for a patch.

Some issues are more complex than other, the development has come far the past year and i guess it' s not stopping right now

Fair enough

TarkovCitizen26490

I feel you m8. When I got the game in may on "discount" I was experiencing a massive lag on any map except customs. I wasnt even able to load and had to alt+f4 the game several times and then reconnect when half the match was over; When players were dead or leaving that is when I had less lag. I also had a shitton of lag when someone was shooting me, or I was ADS. 

How was I attempting to fix it:

The "disable compatibility" known fix. Worked for me, but only slightly. I got a lil bit of a smoother fps but still was unable to load. 

Paging file increase: Didnt work. In fact, some advice against it because it is basically ur slow ram; I read in ARMA3 optimisation that you should have not much of it and not on your system disk partition, and not in "auto assign".

CPU & GPU overclocking: Worked a tiny bit but not much. 

Running the game process at real time priority: Didnt do much.

Defagmenting: Actually stopped me from logging into the game.

Reinstalling on another HDD: Still nothing.

Process Lasso: Didnt work, alas I didnt customise it a lot, and you should do.

Memory Cleaner: Didnt work.

What worked:

actually getting 4 gb of extra RAM. I had 8, got some spare RAM, now got 12, 10 usable by windows; The game takes around 6-7 gb of RAM when running. When you have chrome or some other stuff eating your ram, the game will load from HDD, and unless you got an SSD and even then you will get stutters. 

That was my solution because no matter how much I tried, I couldn't clean my processes set enough. You (the reader) could try disabling every single process if you got a small amount of ram and run the game only. Good luck. 

petrusvirens

I encounter sometimes same thing  as OP.

16GB RAM and game installed on hybrid ssd/hdd. I can normally run around see AI and PC doing their job, or even getting shot without lag, but sometimes when shooting PMC or SCAV PC I get massive lag when first shot hits (I can usually hear it hit) but this shot is not registered on death screen after I obviously get killed due that lag.

Maybe it is desync resyncing when I shoot at guy, but that should not happen during firefight. That is why many people think this game need serious netcode rewrite, not just a fix or patch... Getting anticheat wont fix desync. This game IS already on its finish in developement run. This car has problem with loose stearing wheel and moody gearbox. Lacking passenger and back seat and few doors is the least of the problem here.

People are not mad because there are glitches, desyncs and cheaters. People, testers, are mad because there is no visible action to address those problems, not enough communication. That is why many players get the idea they are playing the game, not testing it.

PuddleMurda

This old thread lives again! 

I am re-posting this a second time, as it more or less made my initial shot- and aim lag disappear. Give it a try!