SkullnBones

Scav on Scav killing - Will this be addressed.

lol scavs pvp is fine.. you spawn in, have poo gear and see a player scav looting guns. or bodys, what to do ? shoot the bad guy and run out with the gear yourself ? or let him be and maybe get shot by him because he dont want to risk you shoot him ? or try to find some loot yourself and get shot by PMC in the progress ? its a ruthless game and scav pvp is fine.. its 20 min CD so chill...  plus if you shoot a scav, you almost certain to die if there is more scavs, those bastards are terminators.

Edited by Boomcat

On 2/6/2018 at 6:59 AM, SkullnBones said:

This sounds like you are a ... get in as a scav, kill all scavs get out. It sucks and something I feel lets this great game and the community down. Almost as bad as 3x players camping exit at Factory I hate it, maybe i feel like I want a more mature gameplay style and community. Ce le vie. 

you make it alot bigger deal than it really is. player scavs that do this dont really stick around, and leave after the first wave of scavs, or get killed by the next one. the ai might not be smart but its still very lethal. i think you should play a few more games and rethink your radical view on player scavs, as many i have met while i were a scav were friendly to me and ai scavs

I posted my idea in suggestions.

And well, i am not talking that "scavs can't kill other scavs" but at least few rules should be implemented.
For me "scav mode" is more "scavs vs pmcs" not "scav vs all". 
Whats actually stupid that if you kill (and this is important, you have to kill, not shoot once, your hit must KILL) hostile player scav, other AI try to kill you too. It's a bit stupid :P.

My idea was +- to add any "reputation" so if you kill xx scavs, each time you spawn all scavs are hostile to you/you gotta wait longer for each scav mode etc. 

Well, it all depends how will final game will looks like, because if it's gonna be 1 big map, then how about extracions etc.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, Hanuko said:

As explained in the loading screens of many maps. Scavs live by 'dog eat dog' rules, and many do not wish to cooperate, or just are simply scared. It all falls in with the lore, you know? Scavs aren't just one big friendly group, and scavs aren't supposed to be friendly to other scavs.

I think the issue with this though is that there is no consequence for killing other scavs (past the ones that saw you do it start shooting at you). You extract as a scav, and then in 20 mins you start fresh with a new scav with all the other scavs being happy and friendly toward you. I'm pretty sure if you just murdered a scav and half of his friends, next time you show your head the other scavs are not going to trust you.. 

I duno how to fix it without going over the top and all scavs just start shooting you if you do it too many times.. Scav gangs? Shoot a scav from that gang and then that gang is hostile to you for a long while? Random gangs in each raid? That would mean you could do it every now and then but if you keep doing it then you are going to be one lonely scav. (Plus if the scav gangs started shooting at each other we could see AI scav on scav, which would be interesting)

My issue here, is that I get killed by player scavs who are surrounded by AI scavs and the AI seem to be all fine and good with the player... Like nothing happened.

old thread yeah, blah blah.

Load in as scav.

See I have no backpack and 20 rounds of ammo for the crap pp19. 

My first target is the nearest scav with some form of backpack or better weapon.

As others have stated. This is a "dog eat dog world". Its my goal as a scav to get as much as I can as fast as I can. Be damned who I hurt while doing it. No backpack scav runs as just useless. 

The most ridiculous thing on scav play is that AI kills you when you kill a player scav attacking you or other AI's. Same since months. Is it really that hard to change that devs?? Doesn't make sense at all. Just now i was on costums, construction site. Around 5 AI's shot behind the gas tank, someone was hiding. I had no clue if PMC or player scav but that shouldn't matter, for some reason the AI was mad at him so i killed him through the bushes and suddenly all the AI was starting to shoot ME just because this guy was a player scav which was already an enemy to the rest of the scavs. I killed their enemy and than they kill me for helping them. Totally stupid. Please fix that asap so scav runs can be fun again.

Like it says in the loading screens Scav's are of a dog-eat-dog mentality and have no morals when it comes to getting better gear..ect

If you don't understand the Scav's purchase and download the first ebook for Tarkov "Predator" I've only had chance to read the first chapter but it sounds amazing and really in-depth. (You also get afew free goodies for purchasing the ebook :beawesome:)

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, DRA282 said:

I don't support player scav on scav violence. I don't mind it but I love to shoot ai scavs and take their loot :)

The sad thing is it's hard to tell who's who unless you're already being shot at. Personally, I try to play as a pacifist who is bound by the non-aggression principle, but I understand that basically no one else plays that way. Even I put the NAP aside sometimes. Also as far as I've seen, ai scavs don't ever have great loot, you can get better stuff just exploring.

The problem with trying to implement a morality system with the scavs beyond what is already there, is that you literally play a new scav every time, thus it would be odd if there were punishments for this new scav. If you could continue as the same scav, it might make sense, which I wouldn't necessarily mind it if you could recruit scavs you extract as to get back in the game quicker.

Edited by JohnnyRebPBE