Box-of-Demons

Scav on Scav killing - Will this be addressed.

Box-of-Demons

Hello all.

My first post here. As a fairly new player a few things erk me currently.

1) Campers at exit of Factory
2) Scav Killing.

I know nothing will be done about (1) but I am finding the Scav on Scav killing to be really frustrating, people come in as a scav kill the other scavs and extract immediately. This ruins the experience, will the devs please put in massive penalties for people doing this. It shows the childish mentality of some of the community. It's bad enough dealing with campers who don't want to move till last min and extract. Playing as a scav should be a new and different experience. Please add in penalties its almost the same as team killing.

#Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 3

galakty_

Playing as SCAV has no rules mate. Sometimes You can meet friendly players (doing Q/E moves) and move with group, but most times You will be killed... So kill them before they kill You. Dont kill AI if you dont want to. 

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Luckers
7 minutes ago, galakty_ said:

Playing as SCAV has no rules mate. Sometimes You can meet friendly players (doing Q/E moves) and move with group, but most times You will be killed... So kill them before they kill You. Dont kill AI if you dont want to. 

As far as I am concerned, all Scavs are hostile once you kill one of them.. doesn't matter if it's AI or player-based.

I also think that if you are playing as Scav, you should have better "options" to interact with the AI Scavs, or at least they should sometimes listen to you if you tell them to "Stop" or "Go forward" for example. I feel like at the moment they are not listening to you and just doing some random stuff.

My opinion is like yours, I don't think player Scavs should be able to shoot each other without real consequences.. They should add some boni by playing together, like an XP boost if you extract with someone else, or give them some of your loot, or i don't know..

Edited by Luckers
  • Like 1

Box-of-Demons
9 minutes ago, galakty_ said:

I get the no rules. But playing as a Scav is supposed to be a different experience. Human scavs would* Should* not be killing other Scavs just for loot it ruins the experience and they should be punished severely imho.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

galakty_
35 minutes ago, SkullnBones said:

I get the no rules. But playing as a Scav is supposed to be a different experience. Human scavs would* Should* not be killing other Scavs just for loot it ruins the experience and they should be punished severely imho.

And people shouldnt do hatchlings, dont camp, cheers everyone and pray for god, yea I got it :) 

Its only a game AND its in Beta... For now the problems are servers, lags, desync, bugs. Killing as SCAV is not important and wont be for a looong time. Current state of this game is not for "playing unfortunately... 

• Sad 2

ShinobiSpec

If anything, the problem is that when killing another hostile player scav in self defense (or because the player killed another AI scav), the other AI scavs also start trying to kill you.

Ankhell

It's a part of this game SCAV's are SCAVS they don't have to cooperate

• Like 2

Hanuko

As explained in the loading screens of many maps. Scavs live by 'dog eat dog' rules, and many do not wish to cooperate, or just are simply scared. It all falls in with the lore, you know? Scavs aren't just one big friendly group, and scavs aren't supposed to be friendly to other scavs.

• Upvote 2

Box-of-Demons
28 minutes ago, Hanuko said:

As explained in the loading screens of many maps. Scavs live by 'dog eat dog' rules, and many do not wish to cooperate, or just are simply scared. It all falls in with the lore, you know? Scavs aren't just one big friendly group, and scavs aren't supposed to be friendly to other scavs.

This sounds like you are a ... get in as a scav, kill all scavs get out. It sucks and something I feel lets this great game and the community down. Almost as bad as 3x players camping exit at Factory I hate it, maybe i feel like I want a more mature gameplay style and community. Ce le vie. 

tr51-bis

human beings are forged like this .... but fortunately not everyone

Hanuko
11 minutes ago, SkullnBones said:

This sounds like you are a ... get in as a scav, kill all scavs get out. It sucks and something I feel lets this great game and the community down. Almost as bad as 3x players camping exit at Factory I hate it, maybe i feel like I want a more mature gameplay style and community. Ce le vie. 

I've never really encountered people camping the factory exit, doubt it happens alot, too.

And well, it all comes down to the player, the player chooses how to play, and how he wants to execute things. You can't punish people for killing another person in a 'dog-eat-dog' kinda situation.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
49 minutes ago, Hanuko said:

At least someone was paying attention in Scav School. :D 

The sentence that stuck with me most in that screen was, "Cutting each others throats over a bigger piece." 

And dont tell me that if you were in a situation like Tarkov's, that you wouldnt kill a neighbor to keep you/family alive. ;) \

• Like 4

keyciraptor

i am not 100% sure but i encountered a lot of times where i played as scav and killed scav and the A.I still didnt shot me. well, i fighted with scav lets say at the start of the map by the factory in customs and the scavs over the bridge didnt shoot me. so i guess only scavs in a close area will fight you if you fight with them

DShadowK87

The answer of all: include a moral system 

Killing scavs as scavs is not the problem. But the killing of all and everything is for me more the problem. Finding someone on a large map should give you the chance to work together, to help eachother and increase you change to survive. Today it's like a Deathmatch Mode with quests inside...

The only people who are killing not eachother are two players with hatches ... Surprise :/

KhandE

"Cooperate with strangers or get shot by your friend in the back - there are no rules."

Literally in the game description on the main website.

This is the 2nd thread today complaing about "Scav PVP", just because "you" don't like it doesn't mean the devs have to cater to you, get over it.

• Cold 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
7 hours ago, keyciraptor said:

i am not 100% sure but i encountered a lot of times where i played as scav and killed scav and the A.I still didnt shot me. well, i fighted with scav lets say at the start of the map by the factory in customs and the scavs over the bridge didnt shoot me. so i guess only scavs in a close area will fight you if you fight with them

Perhaps they fixed it... I remember a Scav run, back when Shoreline was small and new and occasionally ran above 30fps... :betoung:
I killed an AI Scav right at the start on Trap Island for his Fort armor(back then I had Standard Edition, so the #FortGrind was real xD).

Without a moments hesitation I flew down the beach to the Lighthouse. Passing the G Wagon(Black SUV just past Burning Gas Station/LightHouse intersection), I hear a group of AI Scavs in the portside parking lot, chillin, talkin mad cheeki smack. Thinking nothing of it, I continue my frantic dash, right past them... I didnt even make it to the little concession shop. :bemaybe: (I call it AK47-11 xD)

Apparently, Ivan and Kolya were twins. And when I shot Ivan; Kolya saw my face in Ivan's final moments, who then went and told every scav on the Shoreline to blast poor little Leyka and poop in his freshly filched Fort armor. xD 

6 hours ago, DShadowK87 said:

Finding someone on a large map should give you the chance to work together, to help eachother and increase you change to survive.

Just had a nice little scav run with a rando Pscav on Shoreline. Was quite nice really. Only downside was that I spawned without a bag, and of course we couldnt find one... :bemaybe: Made it out with as much as I could stuff in my pockets(including the vest). xD 

6 hours ago, DShadowK87 said:

The only people who are killing not eachother are two players with hatches ... Surprise :/

Funny enough, the few times I hatch for quests, I get killed by other hatchers. xDxDxD 

ViscontiRogue

Personally, I feel this karma system should be implemented for SCAV play. A player Scav that kills other scavs, bots and/or players, then the bot scavs cease to be friendly towards said player and are immediately hostile. Takes some of the security away from a scav player willing to turn on other scavs

• Upvote 1

DShadowK87

AI Scavs only attacks you as scavs when you shot at one scav. So me playing as scavs use them for tactical backgrounds. When they shot, there must be a player. You can watch where they go after you here some shots. This indicates where the player probably is. 

I like this kind of gameplay beacuse it's more then only see a player or a scav and shot him. 

Box-of-Demons
14 hours ago, KhandE said:

"Cooperate with strangers or get shot by your friend in the back - there are no rules."

Literally in the game description on the main website.

This is the 2nd thread today complaing about "Scav PVP", just because "you" don't like it doesn't mean the devs have to cater to you, get over it.

And just because you feel high and mighty dosnt make your opion any more relevant, get over it? Stop acting like a spoilt child. 

KhandE
23 minutes ago, SkullnBones said:

And just because you feel high and mighty dosnt make your opion any more relevant, get over it? Stop acting like a spoilt child. 

Ah yes, the ever so common "anyone who disagrees with MY opinion is being childish." internet argument, which ironically usually comes from people who don't realize they're the ones actually acting like spoiled children.

You want to know what's ACTUALLY childish? not liking something and rather than adapting to it or simply not participating in the activity (last I checked, BSG isn't at your house putting you at gun point and forcing you to play their game the way they want it designed) but not researching the game you played at all (or you'd know SCAV PVP is something the developers completely intended to be a feature) and whining on the forums about how they need to change the game for YOU.

The real world doesn't work that way champ, you're not the king here, you don't get to have your every wish catered to, if you find that unfair, either change your attitude or find a new activity, If that's too hard, we know who the real spoiled brat here is.

Seddrik-9mm

So scavs are supposed to follow rules?  What?

(BTW you can hand signal AI scavs and they will follow you.)

DRA282

I don't support player scav on scav violence. I don't mind it but I love to shoot ai scavs and take their loot :)

Edited by DRA282

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
11 hours ago, SkullnBones said:

Ill just point it out because youre new... but it is a forum rule to use the search function and not clutter the forums with repeat posts.
And like the other dude said, your was the 2nd such topic of that day... let alone of all time. Next to decync, scav on scav is probably the highest most un-necessarily complained about topic... and maybe hatchlings. :bemaybe::bemaybe:

6 hours ago, Seddrik-9mm said:

(BTW you can hand signal AI scavs and they will follow you.)

Not always... they need some work. But its nice when they do. :) 

The most beautiful thing about scav gameplay is the same beautiful thing about the regular gameplay: you can really play the game however you want, and it may or may not work out for you.

Usually I try to to the sneeki breeki thing... sometimes I get killed so much sneekin through the bush, that I get frustrated and my next round I go Rambo to let off steam. :D

Sure, theres been plenty of times that this game has pissed me off for one reason or another... It just makes it all the more satisfying when I rekk another player and I know he's pissed. ;) 

TrueTurquoise

I can't see why Scavs should have rules and punishment for killing eachother when they're just dogs at this point. Scav pvp makes sense.

Shootemup899

I have been in Factory as a Svac and I was able to kill another Scav player and the AI did not care about that and they actually assisted me in killing the Scav player.

Say on a larger map ie Customs as a Scav I killed some Scavs near the Storage Area on the Customs spawn and I went to Old Gas Station and the AI there did not turn hostile.

Edited by Shootemup899