ShadowWarrior86

Crashing Whole Pc When Playing

ShadowWarrior86

Hello anyone else Crashing while playing the game i only got 8gb of ram if i get more ram will that help?

Context

You need like 16gb of ram min. I think. So... rip... I guess.

bobby_dazzler

This game is very resource heavy, you need a pretty good rig to run it imo, but what Context said should help u out.

Oh, also use a free program called memory cleaner this may help too.

FileDotZip

CCleaner

unfortunatly the game does need at least 16GB of ram to be happy.

Unity is resource heavy to my understanding due to its overhead. If you’ve ever noticed you can’t Alt+F4 the game and it wont immediately close but freeze for a few seconds before it closes

vatt84

@ShadowWarrior86

What sort of crash are you getting?

I have 8GB of DDR4 RAM, a GTX760 and a SSD. I normally run EFT on medium settings and get 45-60fps most of the time. But as the guys above said, 16GB RAM is a good idea.

One of the other crash issues that has come up before in threads is that of PSU's not being powerful enough for the PC rig setup, or that the PSU or motherboard is dying. 

Royal_Instinctz

Hey. I am experiencing similar issue, while playing my PC freezes and have to restart the whole PC. Got high-end setup and i am really curious what this might be cause from. Also the game is running on an SSD.
i7 8700K
Zotac 1080 Ti AMP Xtreme
32 Gbs DDR4

dolan33

I run out of memory when I play, I have got 16gb of ram so there might be an issue with the ram usage ? I have to restart the game from time to time to relieve my ram for a min

wakluz90

okay so a totally unrelated question, as i cant seem to find it myself; where do i go to make a thread/post? so far all ive found is that i can reply to this post, and others, but no create one myself.. is there a hidden feature or something, or is it that i am just missing it?

#imdumb #NewPlayerWatingToKnowIfTheGameIsWorthGeittingIntoNow

RandomCZ

Guys, if you are using Intel ****K edition (overclocked i suppose), check CPU temperatures. Like others above said, Unity is performance eater. My friend had on AMD also problem with running the game, we checked the core temp and in game was 94°C. We changed thermal paste and cooler, now he's playing without bigger issues.

Always check your side first (hardware & software).

RandomCZ
5 minutes ago, wakluz90 said:

okay so a totally unrelated question, as i cant seem to find it myself; where do i go to make a thread/post? so far all ive found is that i can reply to this post, and others, but no create one myself.. is there a hidden feature or something, or is it that i am just missing it?

#imdumb #NewPlayerWatingToKnowIfTheGameIsWorthGeittingIntoNow

If you are logged in, you should see "Start new topic" button, top right, above threads. Please, read the forum rules before doing so.

EDIT: missspell

Edited by RandomCZ

DonReno89
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, ShadowWarrior86 said:

Hello anyone else Crashing while playing the game i only got 8gb of ram if i get more ram will that help?

Could be an idea to get a software called memory cleaner. This can be toggled to Clear Your excessive ram every 5 min or when it reaches 80% ram usage.

Also, does this happend even on different maps than shoreline?(its known to be very ram intensive) and are you by any chance using wifi adapter and killer network manager? Ive had freezes and computer Lock Downs forcing me to restart my computer in the past. Even after reformating my Whole PC, the same deal happend, but removing the killer network manager have ceased it for me. There's alot of factors than can play a role in the hiccups. 16GB ram would surely help now and in the future to smoothen Things out. 

skater_kid283

I have an issue that anyone i talk to doesn't understand. My computer can run this game on high settings at high FPS just fine. Unfortunately though every time that i shoot mettle, see grenades explode, or any kind of flash my monitor loses connection and my computer freezes up and tries to restart this is the only game this happens on, i play games like squad and they run just fine. PLZ HELP I LIVE THIS GAME!!!!!

PC specs 

CPU: AMD Rysen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
GPU: RX 580 Series
RAM: 16Gs 
MOTHERBOARD: msi x470 Gaming Pro
HARD DRIVE: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

POWER: 750 

Fuchs303

i have the same problem mine crashes and restarts just after loot is loaded, if i reinstall the game it runs fine for a day then starts again. I have done sfc's ,reg cleans , my pc is not overheating, not happening in other games any ideas?

Running I5 4690k 16gigs of Hyper X Fury 1070GTX .

Edited by Fuchs303

digsgravy

I remember this game crashing to desktop, a lot in 2017, including lost gear and loot, when the game doesn't let you rejoin the session.

Now in September of 2019 on a high end system, it hard crashes the computer... including lost gear and loot from the crashed session. 

This new attempt at playing EFT, the crash happened twice when I tried to increase the mouse sensitivity and once randomly.

I was able to change the mouse sensitivity before the second match/session, then it crashed for no reason.

So to recap I played the interchange and it crashed 3 times, let me rejoin each time, reached the extraction.

Started another match, and it crashed  and did not let me rejoin the session, lost the load out.

Nothing is overheating monitoring sensors in HWiNFO64, system is stable, only this game.

I have a razor mouse and kb, does their software interfere with EFT?

Or does, EFT need to update their dot net .NET code to the new version?

Edited by digsgravy
More info

JoJo_Reaper
On 9/21/2019 at 10:15 PM, skater_kid283 said:

I have an issue that anyone i talk to doesn't understand. My computer can run this game on high settings at high FPS just fine. Unfortunately though every time that i shoot mettle, see grenades explode, or any kind of flash my monitor loses connection and my computer freezes up and tries to restart this is the only game this happens on, i play games like squad and they run just fine. PLZ HELP I LIVE THIS GAME!!!!!

PC specs 

CPU: AMD Rysen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
GPU: RX 580 Series
RAM: 16Gs 
MOTHERBOARD: msi x470 Gaming Pro
HARD DRIVE: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

POWER: 750 

This is what I think.

The Monitor losing connection is a consequence of your PC freezing up.

Your PC freezing up tells me a few things, but first, questions:

Did you build that PC or have it pre-built & tested? (I'm trying to figure out if it's a stable system, all new parts or a mix/match of old with new, and who assembled/tested these.)

Is that an Rx580 8Gb or 4Gb ? (4Gb shouldn't make a difference, compared to 8Gb, not unless you're playing in 1440p or 4k.)

What resolution are you playing EFT in? (next logical question.)

Is that a new RX580 or an older one you've slapped onto the rest of your new components? // Is it a 2nd hand RX580 bought on ebay or something? (important to know).

Have you tried to uninstall the game, than DELETE everything in the remaining folders, reinstalling game from fresh, than running a "game repair" via the Launcher? (If you haven't, try it).

Shooting metal or nades exploding, not only does it call on files in specific areas, so a corrupt install could be your issue...but it could also be a graphical issue (particle effects for the grenade)..so GPU maybe...I doubt it's your CPU cuz that's brand new (and an excellent choice by the way). You checked you had latest chipset drivers and gpu drivers too?