Sign in to follow this  
MishaJames

Beaufort Wind Scale

MishaJames

In the wonderful EFT gameplay videos I can't help but notice the trees swaying in the wind. If this has not been done so already, adapt how wind affects the EFT natural environment so that EFT players can make Beaufort Wind Scale type observations regarding such matters as whether or not wind causes leaves to be in constant motion or whether or not the wind causes branches to move and small trees to sway, in order to estimate wind speed. Likewise, use stuff like smoke blowing in the wind or the direction grass blows to help players identify the direction wind is blowing.

Edited by MishaJames

ODD

The only benefit of knowing which direction the wind is blowing is if you don't want to give away your scent. 

samblues
On 9/5/2016 at 10:23 PM, ODD said:

The only benefit of knowing which direction the wind is blowing is if you don't want to give away your scent. 

I dont smell that bad do i? 

Would be cool to manage smoke grenades and also long distance shooting though! 

ODD
5 hours ago, samblues said:

I dont smell that bad do i? 

Would be cool to manage smoke grenades and also long distance shooting though! 

Actually yea smoke grenades would be useful. Come to think of it, setting fires could also be influenced by the direction of the wind. I don't think long distance shooting will be a factor as most of Tarkov is built up, devs don't wanna deal with LOD issues and players won't play if there are snipers campaign known spots. 

I wonder if the devs are open to editing the map and parts of the map based on player feedback and experiences. 

• Upvote 1

samblues
5 hours ago, ODD said:

Actually yea smoke grenades would be useful. Come to think of it, setting fires could also be influenced by the direction of the wind. I don't think long distance shooting will be a factor as most of Tarkov is built up, devs don't wanna deal with LOD issues and players won't play if there are snipers campaign known spots. 

I wonder if the devs are open to editing the map and parts of the map based on player feedback and experiences. 

Yeah good point, I suppose as optimisation and performance increases they will likely look at expanding the maps but not to the scale where wind is an important factor. We shall see! :D