necuja

DSA SA58 and HK MP7

Yoooo! Sh*t I'm excited to use the MP7, its one of my fav. smg's!
The SA58 on the other hand, I do know much about it, but I still excited to use it :)

3 hours ago, Hounsvad said:

Yoooo! Sh*t I'm excited to use the MP7, its one of my fav. smg's!
The SA58 on the other hand, I do know much about it, but I still excited to use it :)

the SA58 is basically a newly built modernized FAL variant that arr built by the US company "DS Arms", they're built to spec and parts from them will match original FAL rifles so they're also a source of replacement parts for collectors of the original rifles.

The short OSW version they're showing off was short of born on a crack theory that LEOs would love a modernized, compact .308/7.62x51mm rifle so, the FAL they already had experience make reproductions of were chosen for this.

I've fired a few before, compared to an original FAL which has a fixed stock and is generally heavier to mitigate recoil, the SA58 OSW far more stout recoil wise so I'm not 100% certain how good of an idea cutting short a FAL really was in retrospect.

They're at least an interesting curiosity though.

7 hours ago, stanmanth2 said:

Ehhhh? I can't hear you.....also a bit blinded by the flash. 

Well I *did* say it was a crack theory to be fair.

A reminder to always wear hearing and eye protection however, preferably shooting glasses models that dampen muzzle flash and low flash propellant ammunition boys and girls.

45 minutes ago, Panwow said:

The mp7 must shred a fort armor in seconds on factory (Y) 

If a full sized automatic rifle rifle isn't rated to do it even on full auto with steel cored AP, what makes you think a PDW will?

Mp7 rated at 950 rounds per minute with that ammounation

4.6×30mm 2 g DM11 Penetrator Ultimate Combat

The Ultimate Combat can penetrate the NATO CRISAT target at more than 300 meters. This ammunition should combine energy transfer in soft targets and very good penetration and nearly no recoil.

So :D im waiting

Edited by Panwow

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Maki_Nishikino:

It's semi-auto only.

if they are sold under u.s. laws in the united states maybe

fal system itself has the possability to fire full auto....

8 hours ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

It's semi-auto only.

No they're not, the Civilian versions are but they do, infact manufacture select fire versions for LEO/Military customers.

From their sales flyer

f7c9ae12924cf4d0e64e2a93784f4054.png

There's alot of annoying marketing buzzwords there but, I can't really complain since DS Arms actually does manufacture high quality guns. (Including being, as far as I'm aware the only company who makes reproduction RPD's, one of my retro favorites.)

Full auto FAL stubby. A whole lot of flash and near AK ballistics. Unless you run special loads with fast powder, all you wind up doing is making big fireballs. The corollary is since it is all flashing off, actual recoil is lower. 

46 minutes ago, stanmanth2 said:

Full auto FAL stubby. A whole lot of flash and near AK ballistics. Unless you run special loads with fast powder, all you wind up doing is making big fireballs. The corollary is since it is all flashing off, actual recoil is lower. 

Most modern US military loads not designed for DMRs and otherf long range precision rifles do use powder blends designed for shorter barreled weapons to be fair like M80A1 and MK. 319.

That was one big problem SOCOM ran into admittingly when they started using the SCAR-17, they initially used the CQB variant pretty heavily which, like the SA58 OSW has a 13" barrel with M80 ball, which simply wasn't designed for barrel lengths that short (and is kind of an awful cartridge to begin with) so from what I understand, that's when the STD variant started to become more popular.

Edited by KhandE
  • Like 1

On 14/2/2018 at 2:49 PM, KhandE said:

Most modern US military loads not designed for DMRs and otherf long range precision rifles do use powder blends designed for shorter barreled weapons to be fair like M80A1 and MK. 319.

That was one big problem SOCOM ran into admittingly when they started using the SCAR-17, they initially used the CQB variant pretty heavily which, like the SA58 OSW has a 13" barrel with M80 ball, which simply wasn't designed for barrel lengths that short (and is kind of an awful cartridge to begin with) so from what I understand, that's when the STD variant started to become more popular.

I remember all the craze with the CQB variant on videogames. On pretty much every game that featured the SCAR-H, it always had the CQB barrel, whereas the SCAR-L was always featured with the standard barrel length. Games like Ghost Recon: Advance Warfighter 1&2, R6: Vegas 1&2, Metal Gear Solid 4, CoD: MW2, etc. 

I can imagine the SA58 will be a very popular Factory gun, for the reason that it'll be the first true battle rifle in the game.

The MP7 looks fantastic. Can't imagine the 4.6x30mm ammunition will be cheap but I expect it to perform similarly to the SR-1MP with it's high armour penetration qualities. Definitely two guns I am looking forward to seeing in-game.