Necjula

DSA SA58 and HK MP7

3 minutes ago, JCglitchmaster said:

so we can expect them in what? 2 years given the vector and mosin have yet to be released despite their models being shown off similar to this

The SA58 will come with the next update.

Edited by Tactical556

Well, I can only speak to "real-life" experience but the recoil of the DSA SA58 OSW is very manageable. It is a 7.62x51 NATO round but due to the design and construction it really isn't too bad. Again, in "real-life" even in select fire mode you can stay on target fairly easy

67CEF312-A3C6-4E7A-84AF-2952D43217CD.jpg

13 minutes ago, JCglitchmaster said:

It is modded and has the recoil of a vepr with no stock

It's chambered in a battle rifle cartridge, it's going to recoil a bit hard. I'm sure it's going to be tweaked later down the road.

Edited by Tactical556

7 minutes ago, Tactical556 said:

It uses a battle rifle cartridge, it's going to recoil a bit hard. I'm sure it's going to be tweaked later down the road.

Not saying it should be a laser but it should be usable. I want it to be usable but look at every gun in tarkov released. Outside of the mp5, and sks, they have all been an ak varient or so expensive and niche they've been useless (glock 18, dvl, dvl suppressed, rsass, m1a before they added variants, auto pistol, m870 just being a reskinned mr-133 you get my point).

There's a difference between recoiling and recoiling higher than a no stock vepr. What it reminded me of is the akm vpo which has insane recoil and who uses that gun? Noone and that weapon is cheap. This will be one of those high tier weapons no doubt that cost the same as an m4/rsass and if it has the recoil it showed modded in the video it will be useless. Correct me if im wrong but it uses the sv98 cartridge and that can hit up to 7 times on an unarmored scav without them dropping. So the chances of hitting 7 consecutive shots in the chest with the weapon given it recoil is so low it will be useless.

Theres no point given us new guns if they aren't viable.

Edited by JCglitchmaster

On 7/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, JCglitchmaster said:

Correct me if im wrong but it uses the sv98 cartridge and that can hit up to 7 times on an unarmored scav without them dropping. So the chances of hitting 7 consecutive shots in the chest with the weapon given it recoil is so low it will be useless.

Theres no point given us new guns if they aren't viable.

Think it uses 7.62x51 (same as RSAS, M1A and DVL) which two shots people in the chest that are wearing fort (m61) or 3 shots people (m62).

12 hours ago, Thingstad said:

The MP7 will be awesome, armor penetration ultimatus (y) Cant wait :D Hope you make it as real as u can! (Penetrates all vests)

Even an M16 loaded with M855A1 or a SCAR Mk.17 loaded with M80A1 or any "actual" steel core 5.56mm or 7.62x51mm loading will not penetrate the real life equivalent of fort at any range in real life, only M995 will and M993, why would an MP7 doing it be remotely "real"?

Edited by KhandE