necuja

DSA SA58 and HK MP7

VoteforFlavor

Is the mp7 going to be wild for fire rate?

BulletSalad392

excited for the mp7 for some factory raiding

LoudnProud

Does this mean that AK5 C/D will be coming to the game? Because if that,s the case....SWEAT BABY JESUS. And no, I don't play BF4.ak5c.jpg

KhandE
5 hours ago, LoudnProud said:

Does this mean that AK5 C/D will be coming to the game? Because if that,s the case....SWEAT BABY JESUS. And no, I don't play BF4.ak5c.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, the FN FNC (which the AK-5 is a derivative of) and the previous CAL design which bombed on the market aren't actually related in design to the FAL despite many people thinking they're simply scaled down versions of the FAL. (they have significant internal differences.)

stanmanth2

Smuggled from Sweden...

KhandE
41 minutes ago, stanmanth2 said:

Smuggled from Sweden...

There's also another issue I forgot to point out.

Just like DS Arms isn't actually connected to FNH (FNH simply doesn't care about the design anymore and doesn't produce them anymore, why would they when they have so many 7.62mm variants of the SCAR they could try and convince you to buy?), they can mostly make it because it's more or less a generic design at this point without legal issues so, just because DS Arms made FALs are in game doesn't really man other FNH guns will appear (Though, to be fair, I think the devs did tease the SCAR a bit ago)

Now, here's where this ties in, the AK-5 is sort of the same deal at this point, It's not just an issue of asking FNH, this is because the AK-5 variant is produced locally in Sweden by Bofors, so, to make it short, they're not FNH imports, you'd need BAE's and Bofor's approval for the AK-5 in particular and, as far as I'm aware BSG hasn't gotten that yet.

LoudnProud
12 hours ago, KhandE said:

There's also another issue I forgot to point out.

Just like DS Arms isn't actually connected to FNH (FNH simply doesn't care about the design anymore and doesn't produce them anymore, why would they when they have so many 7.62mm variants of the SCAR they could try and convince you to buy?), they can mostly make it because it's more or less a generic design at this point without legal issues so, just because DS Arms made FALs are in game doesn't really man other FNH guns will appear (Though, to be fair, I think the devs did tease the SCAR a bit ago)

Now, here's where this ties in, the AK-5 is sort of the same deal at this point, It's not just an issue of asking FNH, this is because the AK-5 variant is produced locally in Sweden by Bofors, so, to make it short, they're not FNH imports, you'd need BAE's and Bofor's approval for the AK-5 in particular and, as far as I'm aware BSG hasn't gotten that yet.

Thanks for the insight !

stanmanth2

I really want a 5.56 AK boat anchor in green!

What we have not had any inkling of is USEC and BEAR policy for their weapons. That really should drive a lot of non-local (Russian/FSU) equipment in the game. After all someone has to import them for some reason. Perhaps that would be a useful discussion thread of its own.

MP7 must suggest some sort of German support of some faction (or no export) or a lot of leakage ex US. MP5s are much less difficult simply because they are so much more prevalent and have many licensed and unlicensed clones. 

My assumption is that MP7 will be a 'machinePISTOL' and thus be carried in your drop leg. 

UnknownPorter

Really excited for the DSA SA58!

stanmanth2

Perhaps they got a good deal in Latin America and USEC brought in a bunch for their TCNs. 50.63s are OK. Para-Congo clones, not so much.

stanmanth2

Awesome! Overpriced .22LR!

KhandE
1 hour ago, stanmanth2 said:

Awesome! Overpriced .22LR!

4.6mm would be .18 Caliber if you want to be pedantic.

So I guess a better analogy would be something closer to the obscure 4.25mm Liliput cartridge of WW1 era vintage as pretty much every .17 caliber rifle cartridge is zippy as Fu ck.

....or I guess you could just say overly heavy .17 HMR so it still cycles the action at subsonic velocity.

Edited by KhandE

Sushi

Huh, so the vanilla FAL is not coming before the DSA?

stanmanth2

Nope. But with SA58 bones, it should not be a great leap. SA58s remain an oddity to find in Tarkov IMO. AR-10/SR-25 pattern rifles would almost certainly be the preferred solution for USEC if they were shipping in their own hardware into the AO. It would also be easier to source G3s than FALs at this juncture out of Eurozone.

KhandE
5 hours ago, Sushi said:

Huh, so the vanilla FAL is not coming before the DSA?

To be fair, DS Arms makes more traditional pattern FAL rifles aswell, they actually did before they started making chopped down versions with folding stocks and rail mounts.

663629194a4bd9819d760521603c2086.jpg

Besides, considering they already showed the SCAR-H being modeled, I think that's why they're more focusing on that as far as FNH 7.62x51mm rifles go. (FNH charges significantly more for the SCAR series than they ever did the FAL or production licenses for them. It's far more in their interest to sell you that instead.)

2shady4u

That mp7.. Wonder how the rounds will work against armor.

KhandE
27 minutes ago, 2shady4u said:

That mp7.. Wonder how the rounds will work against armor.

Well, armor got incredibly overnerfed anyway, pretty sure you could throw the unfired cartridges by hand and penetrate Level IV plates in game now.

Sushi
2 hours ago, KhandE said:

To be fair, DS Arms makes more traditional pattern FAL rifles aswell, they actually did before they started making chopped down versions with folding stocks and rail mounts.

663629194a4bd9819d760521603c2086.jpg

Besides, considering they already showed the SCAR-H being modeled, I think that's why they're more focusing on that as far as FNH 7.62x51mm rifles go. (FNH charges significantly more for the SCAR series than they ever did the FAL or production licenses for them. It's far more in their interest to sell you that instead.)

I meant more in the respect that the original FAL has become a relatively common surplus weapon now, so you could give it to scav bosses and add some more dealer variety (rather than another Peacekeeper super expensive gun.)

stanmanth2

Scav bosses will likely use Saigas and Tigrs long before FALs start appearing. They are pretty uncommon surplus guns because most get turned into paperclips rather than being sold off whole or as parts kits. The great Libyan FAL giveaway has dried up. Most FALs were disposed off 20-30 years ago.This is where I'd like to see some background on Terragroup and USEC extraterritoriality along with UNTAR.

KhandE
5 hours ago, stanmanth2 said:

Scav bosses will likely use Saigas and Tigrs long before FALs start appearing. They are pretty uncommon surplus guns because most get turned into paperclips rather than being sold off whole or as parts kits. The great Libyan FAL giveaway has dried up. Most FALs were disposed off 20-30 years ago.This is where I'd like to see some background on Terragroup and USEC extraterritoriality along with UNTAR.

This, plus the region in particular would mean that, of all older guns to get smuggled into a zone, original FALs would be pretty high on the list for unlikely.

The FAL got the name "Right arm of the free world" for a reason, it tended to appear in places "not close to the former com bloc." bot in a vast amount of NATO counties and the western or neutral aligned third world (as in the original meaning of the term third world, not really the modern one for a poorer nation.)

(I'm not saying It's impossible, stranger things have happened, but usually not on such a large scale.)

Edited by KhandE

stanmanth2

One scenario is USEC running Terragroup security support in Latin America and finding regional sources of equipment to save on ITAR and shipping cost and hooking up with IMBEL to kit up their locals and TCNs then just buying in a bunch of DSA bits to pimp em. 

NOVO-FUZIL-2.jpg

ParaFAL (l) and IA2 5.56 carbine on right.

Edited by stanmanth2

KhandE
14 hours ago, stanmanth2 said:

One scenario is USEC running Terragroup security support in Latin America and finding regional sources of equipment to save on ITAR and shipping cost and hooking up with IMBEL to kit up their locals and TCNs then just buying in a bunch of DSA bits to pimp em. 

NOVO-FUZIL-2.jpg

ParaFAL (l) and IA2 5.56 carbine on right.

One counter theory could just be that some USEC employees from the US just wanted some 7.62x51mm rifles for <reason here> and didn't want to drop at least a grand more on a SCAR (but wanted the option of a cut down length similar to the SCAR CQC because they're using M80A1 or Mk. 319 standard which plausibly would be much easier for a US mercenary corp to get considering said ammunition originates here.)

Edited by KhandE