necuja

DSA SA58 and HK MP7

JCglitchmaster

so we can expect them in what? 2 years given the vector and mosin have yet to be released despite their models being shown off similar to this

Edited by JCglitchmaster

Maki_Nishikino
3 minutes ago, JCglitchmaster said:

so we can expect them in what? 2 years given the vector and mosin have yet to be released despite their models being shown off similar to this

The SA58 will come with the next update.

Edited by Tactical556

JCglitchmaster
1 minute ago, Tactical556 said:

The SA58 will come with the next update.

looks pretty useless though. Have you seen the recoil in the test video? If it's anything like that noone will use it

Maki_Nishikino
3 minutes ago, JCglitchmaster said:

looks pretty useless though. Have you seen the recoil in the test video? If it's anything like that noone will use it

Mod it.

JCglitchmaster
1 minute ago, Tactical556 said:

Mod it.

It is modded and has the recoil of a vepr with no stock

kuss9000

Well, I can only speak to "real-life" experience but the recoil of the DSA SA58 OSW is very manageable. It is a 7.62x51 NATO round but due to the design and construction it really isn't too bad. Again, in "real-life" even in select fire mode you can stay on target fairly easy

67CEF312-A3C6-4E7A-84AF-2952D43217CD.jpg

Maki_Nishikino
13 minutes ago, JCglitchmaster said:

It is modded and has the recoil of a vepr with no stock

It's chambered in a battle rifle cartridge, it's going to recoil a bit hard. I'm sure it's going to be tweaked later down the road.

Edited by Tactical556

JCglitchmaster
7 minutes ago, Tactical556 said:

It uses a battle rifle cartridge, it's going to recoil a bit hard. I'm sure it's going to be tweaked later down the road.

Not saying it should be a laser but it should be usable. I want it to be usable but look at every gun in tarkov released. Outside of the mp5, and sks, they have all been an ak varient or so expensive and niche they've been useless (glock 18, dvl, dvl suppressed, rsass, m1a before they added variants, auto pistol, m870 just being a reskinned mr-133 you get my point).

There's a difference between recoiling and recoiling higher than a no stock vepr. What it reminded me of is the akm vpo which has insane recoil and who uses that gun? Noone and that weapon is cheap. This will be one of those high tier weapons no doubt that cost the same as an m4/rsass and if it has the recoil it showed modded in the video it will be useless. Correct me if im wrong but it uses the sv98 cartridge and that can hit up to 7 times on an unarmored scav without them dropping. So the chances of hitting 7 consecutive shots in the chest with the weapon given it recoil is so low it will be useless.

Theres no point given us new guns if they aren't viable.

Edited by JCglitchmaster

kjesser
On 7/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, JCglitchmaster said:

Correct me if im wrong but it uses the sv98 cartridge and that can hit up to 7 times on an unarmored scav without them dropping. So the chances of hitting 7 consecutive shots in the chest with the weapon given it recoil is so low it will be useless.

Theres no point given us new guns if they aren't viable.

Think it uses 7.62x51 (same as RSAS, M1A and DVL) which two shots people in the chest that are wearing fort (m61) or 3 shots people (m62).

Thingstad

The MP7 will be awesome, armor penetration ultimatus (y) Cant wait :D Hope you make it as real as u can! (Penetrates all vests)

KhandE
12 hours ago, Thingstad said:

The MP7 will be awesome, armor penetration ultimatus (y) Cant wait :D Hope you make it as real as u can! (Penetrates all vests)

Even an M16 loaded with M855A1 or a SCAR Mk.17 loaded with M80A1 or any "actual" steel core 5.56mm or 7.62x51mm loading will not penetrate the real life equivalent of fort at any range in real life, only M995 will and M993, why would an MP7 doing it be remotely "real"?

Edited by KhandE

Tobubas

September

How long does it ducking take to bring an mp7 into the game.

No poo to the devs, but there is a lot of poo being announced to be released in 1 month, ex Open Beta, ex Hideouts. It just seems that the game isnt progressing. There is still the goddam factory invincibility glitch. It is major poo and it is still in the game. 

• Sad 1

KhandE
1 minute ago, Tobubas said:

September

How long does it ducking take to bring an mp7 into the game.

No poo to the devs, but there is a lot of poo being announced to be released in 1 month, ex Open Beta, ex Hideouts. It just seems that the game isnt progressing. There is still the goddam factory invincibility glitch. It is major poo and it is still in the game. 

I hear whining about it and other unrelated issues helps.

(Or cherry picking and failing to notice that the SA58 OSW which was announced at the very same time in this thread was added last patch, and the Mosin in the upcoming 0.10)

People seriously need to stop blindly fanboying the MP7 already, it's just a gun like any other added/being added ingame.

ACivilRenegade

Do we know if there is any possibility that the mp7 will make it into patch 0.11 with the HK 416?

KhandE
6 minutes ago, ACivilRenegade said:

Do we know if there is any possibility that the mp7 will make it into patch 0.11 with the HK 416?

Nope, nothing's been said.

oPolishAssassin

I can't wait for 417. Gonna be so clean

DramaticJawa

I know the MP7 is cool and all but let's all be honest with ourselves for a minute... It's chambered in 9x19mm, a severely underdeveloped caliber. It'll get relegated to the never-gonna-use bin for most of us.  

Tower21
4 hours ago, DramaticJawa said:

I know the MP7 is cool and all but let's all be honest with ourselves for a minute... It's chambered in 9x19mm, a severely underdeveloped caliber. It'll get relegated to the never-gonna-use bin for most of us.  

Your post gives me a head ache... 

The mp7 is chambered in 4.6x30.
https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/submachine-guns/mp7a1/mp7a1/overview.html

9x19 is a cartridge ( Caliber  is the dia of the projectile, or inside Diameter of a bore)  that has been around since like 1902 , the projectiles alone for this have been changed so much over 116 years it's stupid, never mind the advances in smokeless powder, cases, and primers. To say it's "under developed" is just ignorant. 

Please at least wiki what you're talking about before you post.... 

• Upvote 1

DramaticJawa
19 hours ago, Tower21 said:

Your post gives me a head ache... 

The mp7 is chambered in 4.6x30.

9x19 is a cartridge ( Caliber  is the dia of the projectile, or inside Diameter of a bore). To say it's "under developed" ...

Okie dokie, I guess we're doing this.

Firstly, I was under the assumption that it would be chambered in 9mm, not 4.6mm, as BSG already has 9mm assets in the game and while I don't think the MP7 has ever been chambered in 9mm, I wouldn't be surprised if a variant existed. That was a simple enough mistake, no need to lose your mind over it.

Secondly, what the hell are you talking about? I meant underdeveloped in Tarkov, not real life, genius. 

Thirdly, wow, whining about proper caliber versus cartridge usage is petty and you know it.

And lastly, I dunno take an Asprin. Please at least read the comment before smashing your face into your keyboard in response.

• Sad 1

PadorianPlays

For  the  MP7 I  Hope we get the different ammo  types. Normal military round  sucks Bad, so I Hope to see the AP Rounds. Normal  ones do  poo vs  armour  plates.

RainmakerM4

I thought I might share this video for all FN FAL/SA-58/SLR fans out there:

• Thanks 1

octavane

MP7 on labs makes you feel like you're playing Half Life 2

Tr4wnet
15 hours ago, octavane said:

MP7 on labs makes you feel like you're playing Half Life 2

HL2 did not have any "lab" related areas. Correct me if im wrong.

vekongmaster

Dear BSG Weapon Department & all SA-58 / FN FAL lovers in EFT,

As I said in the other thread, 

The animation of "Manually Putting One Round into the Chamber of SA-58 / FN FAL" is kinda wrong. 

In this video (at 0:24), you can clearly see that our PMC has unloaded his magazine outta his SA-58 / FN FAL. He also has extracted the last round from the chamber. Then he wants to manually insert one round into the chamber. So He needs to pull back the bolt open to feed that one round into the receiver. What really weird is that he just pulls back the bolt by racking the Cocking Handle with his left hand (while holding the pistol grip with his right hand) and magically the Bolt Catch locks the Bolt open by itself. Our PMC doesn't even touch that Bolt Catch Release, it just works by itself. He pulls back the Cocking Handle and the Bolt magically gets locked to the rear by the Bolt Catch.

This animation is correct only when the gun is loaded with an empty magazine (magazine follower will go up and push up the Bolt Catch as you pull back the bolt). But when the gun is totally empty (no magazine at all), the Bolt Catch Release has to be activated manually with his hand!

So imho here's the correct steps to manually put one round into the chamber (the animation should be like this):

1) Hold your gun's lower receiver with your left hand and pull back the Cocking Handle with your right hand (it'll pull back the bolt as well)

2) Push down on the Bolt Catch Release with your left hand (while you pull back that Cocking Handle with your right hand). It'll lock the Bolt to the rear exposing the Receiver so you can put one round into it with your right hand.

3) Put a round through the ejection port into the receiver with your right hand, then you strike the Bolt Catch Release with your left hand to release the bolt forward chambering that one round into the chamber.

Here's a very good video to demonstrate the correct way to pull back SA-58 / FN FAL Bolt and hold it open (the gun in the video is an AR-15 but basically the Bolt Catch Release mechanism is somewhat kinda similar to FN FAL):

If you don't understand any word I'm saying, then probably you have to check out what's inside the FN FAL: 

So with all due respect, please fix it!

Thanks in advance,

-Vekongmaster-

• Upvote 1

Varreox

Horrible recoil :/