RufusValentino

PVE Only Mode

RufusValentino

I'm sure this question will upset a lot of people and release the trolls. However, I was wondering if there will be a PVE only mode. I know you can play PVE on Offline mode and they are testing it. However, you don't gain or lose anything in Offline Mode. Offline mode is great for practicing and learning the maps. It would be nice if you could play online mode against just the AI. Maybe even be able to go in with your friends but not going up against other players. Like have a story mode that is PVE and then have also a PVP mode. I admit I'm new to the game and still learning and practicing. One of the challenges that are in PVP mode is that if you're a new player with basic gear and you run into another player with advanced gear you're pretty much dead and then you lose your basic gear. It can be hard for a new player to get anywhere in this game. Game is awesome though. I love the detail in it. 

• Like 1

hidden_citizen

I don't think they will add any PvE mode to this game. EFT was always intended to be a complete multiplayer experience. The offline mode is mostly for testing and I believe they will remove it for the full release. Plus it would be very unbalancing if you could transfer the items you won on PvE to your PvP stash, as that has happened in the past.

But there will be a game set in the same universe, that will meet your requests. Russia 2028 (title could change). This will be a completely offline game with focus on storyline and character development. Development details on this game are still unknown but it will be developed by BSG in the future.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Context

As cool as that would be I doubt it will ever come to light, sorry.

• Sad 1

RufusValentino

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for Russia 2028. Hope its has the same detail as Escape From Tarkov. The Developers are going to do whatever they want regardless of what the players want. However, as far as it being unbalanced to bring pve gear to pvp stash. Simple, you can't transfer gear. You have a PVP Server with its own stash. You have a separate PVE Server with its own stash. Everyone is happy and Developers make more money. Besides technically the game is already unbalanced. A new player enter raids with only basic gear and runs into veteran players with full advanced gear. New player has really no chance of survival. So they die and lose all their basic gear.  So they run raids with hatchets hoping to find small amounts of money or items to sell and extract before someone finds them and kills them. Or hope to sneak up on someone and kill them before they kill you. So new players probably really only have a 10% chance of survival depending on how many advanced players are in that raid. Or you could get teamed up on. Doesn't matter what gear you have. if you got 5 people attacking you at the same time your chances are slim. Love the game though. The game is in beta and we are the ones testing it. So this is my opinion and suggestion to make the game better. 

Chouette
35 minutes ago, RufusValentino said:

Besides technically the game is already unbalanced. A new player enter raids with only basic gear and runs into veteran players with full advanced gear. New player has really no chance of survival. So they die and lose all their basic gear. 

No, not really... I've been through this (and still am), the thing is to not try to engage these high geared players, we're not on equals grounds. Also taking the best gear right away is the mistake most new player do - if played safe it is even more interesting to play as a new player, as well as not going bankrupt too quickly.

I'm not very high level (21 at the moment) and I have lvl 3 on all traders but I usually run with lvl 1-2 gear as going high tier does not affect my survival rate (tried running with stuff I bought or looted but I guess I'm just bad and i hurts my wallet too much so I reverted to basics :)). Most games I play I never encounter the dangerous players, as I progress carefully and don't engage when I can't win. Of course I occasionally run into unavoidable encounters with a "terminator" player or a camper and die but that's not the norm. To me it adds a nice dimension to the game, I have to be careful. In the end, most raids I do are 90% PvE and 10% PvP in terms of encounters.

Making a separation between PvP and PvE would only fragment the player base, the two can coexist, those hungry for firefight will naturally go the choke points and the other players will avoid them or go in late after the dust has settled.

Edited by Chouette
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

RufusValentino

You must be lucky or something. I always run into high ranking players with advanced gear and end up dead with one shot. Today I played a round as a scav. As soon as I spawned in the factory I was instant killed with a shot in the head. Didn't even get to move. Probably advanced players camping spawn points to get instant kills. The game is not balanced. You get killed instantly by advanced players with powerful gear and you cant hide, you cant run, you just die. Not to mention you could be playing by yourself and killed grouped up on.  If a new player doesn't stand a chance against an advanced player he definitely doesn't against 2,3,4, etc.  They need better regulated matchmaking. If you play solo, you only go up against solo and everyone should be split up by levels. Its the only way to balance the game more.

ShiroTenshi
7 minutes ago, RufusValentino said:

The game is not balanced. You get killed instantly by advanced players with powerful gear and you cant hide, you cant run, you just die. Not to mention you could be playing by yourself and killed grouped up on.  If a new player doesn't stand a chance against an advanced player he definitely doesn't against 2,3,4, etc.  They need better regulated matchmaking. If you play solo, you only go up against solo and everyone should be split up by levels. Its the only way to balance the game more.

There's a couple misconceptions in your post that i will try to clear away.

Firstly, you are right. The game is not balanced. But to be perfectly honest i don't think they are going for the typical 'balance' most gamers are used to. Tarkov is a place where the odds are stacked against you. Surviving is hard by design, not because of a lack of balance. The DEVs already confirmed there will NOT be any kind of matchmaking. Though you will have a tutorial level to learn the basics of the game so you are not through into PVP cold turkey.

Secondly, If you get killed playing by yourself, find friends. It has been brought up several times that the game is more party based. They won't keep you from playing SOLO, but for the best gameplay experience it is best to play in a group. Not only is is easier, but if you team up with someone who is already experienced than he can fast track you through the learning phase and even give you some tips on how to improve your gameplay.

Lastly, gear and skills don't make or break your chances of survival. A good player sporting only an AKS or SKS (Available at the start of the game) can take out a fully geared guy with skill alone. You don't have to engage everything that moves. If you are at a disadvantage than hide and wait until the advantage is yours. Pick your fights. 

• Upvote 1

GhostZ69

I think if enough people request it, it should not be too hard for the dev's to just add another save slot.  Games have done it since the 80's.  Just another save slot that can ONLY be used offline or "offline Co-Op with friends."  It would be great to keep the people that find playing PvP "too hard" and let them pay for DLC to continue to support the Dev's.

• Like 3

hidden_citizen

Again, EfT has always been planned and designed to be a fully online PvEvP. Trying to change the fundamental core of the game mid development would only hurt the final product.

And as I mentioned that role will be fullfiled by a game that is designed to be an offline game from the roots.

As @Chouetteand @ShiroTenshisaid, play smart. You can't win every battle, choose your terrain and engagments wisely. Even though this is not a 100% Mil-Sim game, tactics are necesary. You can take down an entire squad of enemy PMC if you set up in an advantageous position. This is posible, but it's not easy, intentionally.

TAW_Fresco
On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, RufusValentino said:

I'm sure this question will upset a lot of people and release the trolls. However, I was wondering if there will be a PVE only mode. I know you can play PVE on Offline mode and they are testing it. However, you don't gain or lose anything in Offline Mode. Offline mode is great for practicing and learning the maps. It would be nice if you could play online mode against just the AI. Maybe even be able to go in with your friends but not going up against other players. Like have a story mode that is PVE and then have also a PVP mode. I admit I'm new to the game and still learning and practicing. One of the challenges that are in PVP mode is that if you're a new player with basic gear and you run into another player with advanced gear you're pretty much dead and then you lose your basic gear. It can be hard for a new player to get anywhere in this game. Game is awesome though. I love the detail in it. 

Currently you can play in an offline raid and enable scav's this will allow you to understand the game better and once you are ready you can move into online raids

RufusValentino

I am new to the game obviously. I've been watching streamers play and one thing that baffles me is that they can take multiple hits without wearing any armor. I wear armor and die with 1 or 2 hits. Is this level based? If you're at a high level you can take more hits compared to being low leveled?  

RufusValentino

Someone said having a pve mode would unbalance the game. that players would use all the strong gear they get on pve and use it on pvp. 1st of all they could make it where you can't do that. 2nd after getting slaughtered numerously by advanced players I believe the game is currently unbalanced and that playing pve and using the gear you get in pvp would even the playing field. Or perhaps the advanced players like it better this way. Easier to kill the weaker players and less challenging.

• Like 1

ShawnWolf
20 minutes ago, RufusValentino said:

Anyone know how to avoid running into advanced players loaded with advanced weapons and armor? I'm level 8 and I'm constantly getting owned by players wearing Forts and fulled modded m4s and aks. Sometimes I can't even see who is shooting me which tells me someone is probably sniping me from across the map. Its hard to go up levels and get money and better gear when you're constantly dieing to higher level players and losing what you do have. Someone said having a pve mode would unbalance the game. that players would use all the strong gear they get on pve and use it on pvp. 1st of all they could make it where you can't do that. 2nd after getting slaughtered numerously by advanced players I believe the game is currently unbalanced and that playing pve and using the gear you get in pvp would even the playing field. Or perhaps the advanced players like it better this way. Easier to kill the weaker players and less challenging.

Rufus the reason why you're running into so many geared players is because a character wipe hasn't happened since before skills were made harder to level. So, everyone who leveled their skills with exploits when it was easy is still level 51 (Elite) on a lot of their physical skills. There is also the fact that because of the recent changes to dogtags, most players are millionaires with nothing much to lose. You could wait until OBT's wipe and then start playing when everyone is set back to square 1. There will deffo be less high level players and less people risking fort/fast/M4

Edited by ShawnWolf

RufusValentino

Thats true. However, what will happen in the future. The game right now gets wiped because its in beta. What happens when its in full release? There will not be any wiping at full release but the level problem will still be there. 

• Like 1

hidden_citizen

Levels means nothing in this game. A skilled player with just an AKS74U can take down a fully geared player no problem. Skill and experience won't go away with wipes. You have to invest time and effort to improve and become a better player. Players that have played the game for a longer period than new players will always have an advantage, but that happens with every game.

I would recommend going with basic gear, and practice, 20-30 raids, once you have mastered those guns, and learned the maps and player routes, you will feel a lot more comfortable and it will be easier to play with scopes and more advanced weapons since you've mastered the really basic ones.

Wipes will still occur until the release of the game, after that there shouldn't be any more wipes, not confirmed though.

BullusRexus

are people that dont own the game able to play offline mode?

edgar_thomas590

PrimeAlpha
15 hours ago, edgar_thomas590 said:

You have to own the game to be able to play it, offline or online. 

AyeCoBreeze
On 5/27/2018 at 9:30 PM, BullusRexus said:

I just read this thread.. 

This isn't fornite you may want to look for a different game unless you are a troll, with that I applauded you for job a well done. 

BlindDoll
On 2/16/2018 at 4:41 PM, hidden_citizen said:

Again, EfT has always been planned and designed to be a fully online PvEvP. Trying to change the fundamental core of the game mid development would only hurt the final product.

And as I mentioned that role will be fullfiled by a game that is designed to be an offline game from the roots.

As @Chouetteand @ShiroTenshisaid, play smart. You can't win every battle, choose your terrain and engagments wisely. Even though this is not a 100% Mil-Sim game, tactics are necesary. You can take down an entire squad of enemy PMC if you set up in an advantageous position. This is posible, but it's not easy, intentionally.

yeah you cant win every battle but is really stupid than you can lose every battle ._.

its very stupid says, that is not balanced use pve loot in pvp, but the ducking game is ALL UNVALANCED, wtf, thats only a fast way to get loot for pvp, but nvm, i just go with a hatchet to factory and i got 1mll of rubls ._.

but it still feeling stupid lose 12 raids and then win 2 and get money, its stupid 

NSWC10
El 02/08/2018 a las 17:07, RufusValentino dijo:

Estoy seguro de que esta pregunta molestará a mucha gente y liberará a los trolls. Sin embargo, me preguntaba si habrá un modo de solo PVE. Sé que puedes jugar PVE en modo y conexión y lo están probando. Sin embargo, no gana ni pierde nada en el Modo sin conexión. El modo fuera de línea es ideal para aprender y aprender los mapas. Sería bueno si pudieras jugar en línea contra solo la IA. Quizás incluso si puedes ir con amigos pero no te enfrentas a otros jugadores. Como tener un modo de historia que el mar PVE y luego tener también un modo PVP. Admito que soy nuevo en el juego y sigo aprendiendo y practicando.Uno de los desafíos que se encuentran en el modo es que es un jugador nuevo con el equipo básico y te encuentras con otro jugador con el equipo de avanzada. Puede ser difícil para un nuevo jugador llegar a cualquier parte de este juego. Aunque el juego es increíble. Me encantan los detalles. 

Esperamos que lo implementen, no pierden nada

That, and IIRC BSG has actually confirmed that co-op offline PvE will be a thing eventually. It wouldn't take much effort at all (comparatively speaking) to include online-style progression.

Not only would it increase the playerbase (because let's be honest, there are a lot of people who would buy EFT in an instant if PvP were an optional thing rather than unavoidable like it is now), but it'd give current players more reason to stick around (because, obviously, there's more poo to do), as well as an easier way to help bring newcomers in and get them used to the gameplay without just tossing them off a fuckin' cliff like what happens right now.

Put simply, there are a lot more arguments in favor of the idea than there are against it.

Edited by NSWC10
  • Upvote 1

Immortallic
On 8/6/2018 at 1:59 AM, BlindDoll said:

yeah you cant win every battle but is really stupid than you can lose every battle ._.

its very stupid says, that is not balanced use pve loot in pvp, but the ducking game is ALL UNVALANCED, wtf, thats only a fast way to get loot for pvp, but nvm, i just go with a hatchet to factory and i got 1mll of rubls ._.

but it still feeling stupid lose 12 raids and then win 2 and get money, its stupid 

If you're having issues watch streams, youtube videos, and play the game more to get better.  l've only been playing for about 2.5 weeks and I'm just starting to kill moderatlely geared players solo with almost no issues.  To address the "unbalanced" this game is an RPG so think of the gear in terms of investment.  If you go into a raid with 20k of gear do you really think you should be able to steamroll players who have +200k loadouts? If you were level 3 in an RPG you most likely wouldn't be geared or skilled enough to tkae out a level 20 either right?  My point being better gear generally will equal more/easier kills.  If you join any group (lfg forum) you can up your survival rate quite a bit as well.

I'd reccomend you start out with the MP-153 shotgun (skier) and do some runs with that.  It has good range and really good damage.  It also helps if you stick like glue to a map (I like customs as it is easy to orient yourself) and learn the ins and out of it (no pun intended) to see where to go and not to go. The last thing I can suggest (as the others in this thread have offered nice tips as well) is learn something from everytime you die and don't make those mistakes again.

Anyway good luck raiding!

RufusValentino

Usually in RPG games you don't face enemies that are well above you level. As you progress through the story and the game you level up and so do the enemies in the new areas. Then there are RPG games like Final Fantasy Tactics where the enemies (General Battles not Story Battles) level up with regardless of the area you're in. In Tarkov there is no controlling it. A level 1 player could run in to a squad of Level 60 players. The level 1 player won't stand a chance. Just a little while ago I ran into another issue with this. I'm work on the task about bringing the doc case from customs to factory. I've done it before with little problem before the wipe. This time I got the doc and extracted customs. Went to Factory and went to the right room. There was a sound that went off. However, I had no option to leave the doc case. Then I died. Now I have to go back to customs and get the doc case all over again. This is a problem because there are a lot of high leveled players with stronger gear that like to play Battle Royale in Factory. The possibility of me dropping the case and extracting is slim. So everytime you die you lose the case and have to run 2 maps all over again. This can make players lose interest in the game. You do all that work to get the customs key and then the docs case and then survive the extraction just to die 5 seconds later and Factory and have to start all over again. Its ridicules. The biggest problem with this game is that too many people turn this game into a Battle Royale. The tasks, the skills, the story, etc. gets thrown out the window. So low leveled players who maybe not as good at pvp will not really be able to enjoy the game. So they probably will stop playing. Which is sad because this game is good and has potential. And not everybody is a kid who doesn't have responsibilities and obligations or a streamer who plays games for a living. Those of us who work all day and have families cannot devote the time to play raids hundreds of times to complete tasks or get good enough to stand a chance against the high leveled players who are better than everyone else. 

Violent_Nomad

I always thought a that an idea that would cater to both crowds would be an option at the creation of a character (I believe somewhere they mentioned at one point they will allow you to have two or three characters when the game releases) to either make them PvP or PvE only. Selecting the PvP option would essentially be the game as it is now. Selecting the PvE only option would mean that character cannot go online, but would still be able to progress, raid, and collect gear and do missions in an offline form maybe at the threat of increased difficulty of AI or more of them.

• Like 1

NSWC10
On 16/2/2018 at 22:41, hidden_citizen said:

De nuevo, EfT siempre se ha planificado y diseñado para ser un PvEvP completamente en línea. Intentar cambiar el núcleo fundamental del juego a mitad de desarrollo solo dañaría el producto final.

Y como mencioné, ese rol se completará con un juego que está diseñado para ser un juego fuera de línea desde la raíz.

Como dijeron @Chouette y @ShiroTenshi , juega inteligentemente. No puedes ganar todas las batallas, elige tu terreno y tus compromisos sabiamente. Aunque este no es un juego 100% Mil-Sim, las tácticas son necesarias. Puedes derribar un escuadrón completo de PMC enemigo si lo configuras en una posición ventajosa. Esto es posible, pero no es fácil, intencionalmente.

But you can have a PVE mode alone, without having to be offline, that is, PVE mode separate from the PVP but you need a connection with the server, I think it is feasible and as above (I do not know how it is cited) it has been doing for years