Sign in to follow this  
Apsalar

Fort Armour Scavs?

Apsalar

Hello.  New player here.  I just wanted to know if late game scavs still have a chance of having fort armour equipped.  I need to find fort armour for the first Skier task.  The last video guide on the topic is like 1+ months old so I'm not sure if scavs were changed since then.  I already have a Kiver helmet I found in one of my raids.  While I'm at it, is it possible to find the armour first, then start the task and complete it right off the bat, or do I need to find the armour in the time frame the task gives me once I start it?  Thanks in advance!

AK74NOLA

They do on factory, and else where its not all the time. Ive found 3 forts on scavs at factory and some tines nothing so its hit or miss.

JunkieJoe
Just now, Apsalar said:

Hello.  New player here.  I just wanted to know if late game scavs still have a chance of having fort armour equipped.  I need to find fort armour for the first Skier task.  The last video guide on the topic is like 1+ months old so I'm not sure if scavs were changed since then.  I already have a Kiver helmet I found in one of my raids.  While I'm at it, is it possible to find the armour first, then start the task and complete it right off the bat, or do I need to find the armour in the time frame the task gives me once I start it?  Thanks in advance!

You should get the kiver and fort before starting the quest. Then just grab the quest and turn it in. Remember that the armors need to be in good condition(i think it was 80% of its Max condition, should check from wiki). And yes you can find forts from scavs..ive found plenty.

1 minute ago, AK74NOLA said:

They do on factory, and else where its not all the time. Ive found 3 forts on scavs at factory and some tines nothing so its hit or miss.

Ive found forts from scavs in Woods, customs and shoreline also.

• Upvote 1

UncleDark

Along side factory there is said to be a chance to find fort from scavs near "Road to Customs" extraction in shoreline. Can't confirm this, as forts I find usually have pmc's inside em.

Apsalar

Thanks for the answers guys.  Guess I'm grinding factory runs tonight.  Pray for my noob ass.  Much gear and roubles will be lost in the process, especially to other players! xD

JunkieJoe
1 minute ago, UncleDark said:

Along side factory there is said to be a chance to find fort from scavs near "Road to Customs" extraction in shoreline. Can't confirm this, as forts I find usually have pmc's inside em.

I dont think the spawn location is a Factor..maybe higher chance on "Road to customs" exit because The amount of scavs spawning there. But yes i think all the forts ive found from  scavs have been later in the match. 

2 minutes ago, Apsalar said:

Thanks for the answers guys.  Guess I'm grinding factory runs tonight.  Pray for my noob ass.  Much gear and roubles will be lost in the process, especially to other players! xD

Why factory? Its a deathtrap. Just go to one of the bigger Maps. Lay low The first half of The game and then start hunting scavs when most of The players are out. Should Be cake walk

• Upvote 1

UncleDark

@JunkieJoeWell since last september 90% of my forts from scavs, were found in factory during last 15 minutes of raid. So unless they've changed it, factory just as any other map spawn one or two fort scavs in each raid.

JunkieJoe
1 minute ago, UncleDark said:

@JunkieJoeWell since last september 90% of my forts from scavs, were found in factory during last 15 minutes of raid. So unless they've changed it, factory just as any other map spawn one or two fort scavs in each raid.

Well maybe its easier to find The scav with fort in factory because The map is smaller and rounds shorter. But much higher risk to die. Specially for a new player.

Eragon284th

I don't think length of time really affects the grade of gear scavs have. Most of my forts from scavs have been from the first wave on factory, not the last. As the match goes on there are more scavs, so the chances of finding one increase in that regard 

UncleDark

@JunkieJoe yeah. I think i misread your previous reply as factory not being one, instead of you talking about map not being factor. Anyhow every map has chance to spawn one to 3 scavs with fort at any given wave during each raid.

@Eragon284th I think that I found mine mostly because I was the last PMC alive during last couple waves.

Edited by UncleDark

Apsalar
41 minutes ago, JunkieJoe said:

Why factory? Its a deathtrap. Just go to one of the bigger Maps. Lay low The first half of The game and then start hunting scavs when most of The players are out. Should Be cake walk

My problem with the other maps is more about having to get to the extract while clearing all the scavs with 10-15 min left in the raid.  Seems a lot harder to make it out on time.  If I find a safe place to camp on factory (hahah is that even possible) I can more easily clear the scavs without having to worry about running 10 miles to the extract once I'm done.  Also by the time there's only 10 min left in the raid, I'm pretty sure most of the players will have looted everything and left.  In my small amount of experience, once players clear the office/upper portions of the factory there isn't a whole lot of gain to be had from overstaying.  Also the most loot I'd be bringing into the raid would be aks74u, kolpak and tier 1 body armour.  I don't really mind dying with just that.  Is my logic flawed in any way?  I'd love to hear some feedback for my noob plan.

Cameron653

As far as I know, they still do have the ability.

Sabotaaki

Shoreline  road to customs or tunnel exit. Have found fort scavs on both. Once i spawned at The road to customs exit and first scav that spawned had a fort.

Your_Moms_Gyno

for FORT

can confirm factory

can confirm shoreline - road to customs

can confirm customs - near far admin gate and new gas station/checkpoint

Kiver should be easy enough to get as everyone and his dog is running one. I have 9 and can't get rid of them. You'll otherwise find them on scavs at customs construction (near the pocketwatch truck) around 10:00 remaining, as well as factory towards end sometimes.

per your last item - that loadout is pretty solid mostly. AKS is one of my favourite weapons and it's short profile means you can really get in close to players/scavs without weapon rise, as well as angle around stairs and corners well. It's a CQB and though i know how to fire it (mostly) at longer targets, it's irrelevant in factory as everything is so close. Just be sure to brace with Press-LShift.

Kolpak yeah, protects you from a hatchet or two, or some 9mmx19PST if someone is running mp5 or grach. nothing wrong with that. I bring in shotguns but that requires a bit more understanding of weapon setup and where to aim (legs mostly) so you gotta engage targets from behind or from below.

Factory you can bring just about anything in, but the 5.45 AK74 series are a pretty solid base.

If i'm going dirtbag (i almost never hatchetrun, let alone factory, yuck) i'll have a makarov with some PPe rounds (hollowpoint). Not very useful now because everyone has access to helmets, but without any headgear you're begging for a 1tap.

Edited by qS_Sachiel