killed in 2 seconds, spawned in front of other PMC..

HVincent

Fully geared , spawn in on Woods , died in 3 seconds to another geared player who basically just gunned me down before i had even fully loaded in - Raid time 3 seconds, ALL gear lost obviously ...

This has happened not once , not twice but MANY times now over the last 2 weeks ...

Can't be too hard to build in some code to check if there are players in the area of the spawn, before spawning the player... 

Super frustrating

Guys, you are most likely being FORCED by the game to spawn in late.  Those other people were likely already in the game and on the move.  If you do not get the big red DEPLOYING IN 00:00:00, then you are being spawned in late and need to be hyper sensitive about your first few seconds (if you make it that long)

I get what you're saying Ghost, but when you get killed 7 times, in a row, right at spawn or within seconds of spawning, its BS. the game is challenging enough without having to worry about losing my stuff right off the bat. these maps aren't small, there are plenty of spots we should be able to be spawned at away from other players. This crap aint fun if i dont get to actually play and get my moneys worth out of supporting this game. especially when myself and others buy the EoD edition.

If you are spawning in late you are being spawned alone and in a place where another PMC did not spawn.  The problem is, they have already moved from their spawn to where you just spawned and killed you.  The problem is, besides late spawns, is that there is no proximity check on spawn.  That needs to be added as well as late spawns removed.

Just some information, if you have the game installed on a HDD, you won't load in and spawn in as fast as someone on a SSD. On factory, you can literally run to another player's spawn and wait for them if they don't have it on a SSD. Players with SSD's spawn in quicker. People who have configured their SSD's to be on raid or extremely fast have a massive advantage on factory. I have a SSD and this one guy was standing right behind me when I spawned. It wasn't the late spawn either.

10 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

Guys, you are most likely being FORCED by the game to spawn in late.  Those other people were likely already in the game and on the move.  If you do not get the big red DEPLOYING IN 00:00:00, then you are being spawned in late and need to be hyper sensitive about your first few seconds (if you make it that long)

I can confirm this as i've been crashing while loading into games a lot lately since the last patch. reconnecting and just as i'm about to start playing the game tells me i've been killed, so yeah, this is new to me but it's absolutely happening :3

Edit: I'll add that i'm running my game from a m.2 Samsung 960 evo.

Edited by Redundant

• 2 years later...
On 2/13/2018 at 3:50 PM, GhostZ69 said:

lol same problems two years later.  Except now we have 57 new AK variants, can fix blacked limbs, getting stimulants that magically grant 20% damage reduction and even faster\longer\more bunny hops!  Great direction.