Groups, modes, and matching and other suggestions

Kirby30500

I just want to start off saying, EFT is one of the greatest games I've played, with potential for being the greatest.  For the developers, I have added an * where I believe the comment is most important.

Groups and matching:

1) *Modes:  I would like to suggest a mode, lets call it "competitive" where groups are matched against similar rank and similar sized groups.  You could choose to be grouped with a random if not already in a group.  I still like the idea of the way it is now where you have no idea how many/what rank PMC you are trying to kill.  Though, it would be nice to play in a more balanced scenario where I know there are no groups larger than mine, especially if I am playing solo.  Perhaps give some kind of XP bonus for playing in the current "survival" mode as you might call it.  Lastly, an "arcade mode" where you don't earn XP but you can test your gear against other players without risk of losing it.  Of course you could still pick up their gear and test out their gear too!

2) There should be official "clans", including a way to mark yourself as belonging to a clan which would help in battle for identification of groups. 

3) *The ways for players to interact with each other outside of the live game is lacking.  It should be easier to find players you play in game with, make new friends, and send friend requests, etc.  Basically, if I group up with a random and it works out well, maybe I can see their name in the end game report?  Maybe a report at the end of the game that shows who I played with/against.  

Other suggestions:

4) **For beginners there needs to be more introduction/tutorials/training modes.  I am sure this is in the works.

5) *The weapon modding system is very difficult to learn.  It would be nice to have all of the possible mods for a selected weapon be presented.  Perhaps have a toggle in the weapon mods screen that lets you see what can be purchased versus what you own.  It would be nice to be able to purchase the mods in the weapon mods screen.

6) It would be nice to have a quick start feature where it automatically buys out a customized gear layout you have designed and loads you into your preferred game mode/map.  Basically, the launch time is a little tedious/cumbersome, especially with going through 5 different traders, each with their load time and cumbersome layout.  Although, I could see where some might like the tedious nature of the preparation for combat.

7) **Currently the motive for playing the game is lacking, especially after you have a large wealth and high loyalty.  I suggest a prestige rank that is either represented directly on the characters skin and perhaps their dog tag.  I would suggest that this prestige require a combination of rank and perhaps you can buy it for say 1,000,000 Rubles.  Maybe after you prestige you start over with the traders.  But you shouldn't have to do the quests again, maybe you earn loyalty again through earning XP/rank after you prestige.  

8) It would be interesting to have civilians.  You would lose XP for killing the civilians.  Perhaps the SCAVs look kind of like the civilians so its difficult to know who is a threat.  

9) **Also, there should be a way to customize your skin/character.  It would be cool to be able to customize your gun, perhaps with spray paint. A way to buy different types of camouflage outfits.

10) It would be cool to have "wild dogs" that run the map and attack you occasionally, giving away campers.  Maybe they only go after characters with open wounds!  Perhaps you can drop the dogs food to pacify them.

11) It would be nice that maybe in the "arcade" mode to have a "kill cam" or maybe a report that shows exactly where you were hit on the body (i.e. picture of your character with wounds), for how much damage.  Even a kill cam where you can only see your screen would be helpful in some situations in understanding "what the #@$*" just happened.

12) The SCAVs ability to see through foliage is still too strong.  Also, it is too easy to hatchet a scav.  They turn about 15 degrees per second so you can easily run around them.  Perhaps they should turn faster but their aim still be off.

13) It would be nice to have a combat grab.  Basically when you get close enough you can actually grab the other character or grab their gun making their gun ineffective.  Once in a grabbed situation both characters can activate the melee command, whoever is faster to melee wins.  If you have a pistol perhaps you default to it instead of melee?  

14) The loading of magazines is too fast.  Need more incentive to bring more mags into combat.  Of course, with this change you would need allowances for more magazine storage.

15)  Grenades make a clinking noise when they hit dirt/grass?  This should not be the case.  It should be more of a thud.  I keep thinking I dropped a bullet casing lol, then oh no! grenade!

16)  I would like to suggest bear traps and trip wires with grenades.  Perhaps the perception skill helps to identify these traps.  Also, flash bangs/stun grenades/smoke grenades?

17)  There should be some kind of XP loss for killing PMCs of the same organization?  Currently there is no purpose to USEC versus BEAR.

18)  Suggest different types of pants (more storage) and shoes (quieter).

19)  Suggest gun fire effect the sensitivity of hearing?

20)  Suggest at night time sight becomes better throughout the match unless exposed to bright light which causes you to lose your "night vision".

21)  Use of painkillers should have a negative effect on some skills?  Create an addiction?

22)  Bullets should go through players if not already.

23)  Night time flares you can launch into the air and light up an area?

Bugs:

Occasionally I get, a "move item" type error suggesting a simple bug which reverts all of my equipment moves back to where they were...

Occasional, yet massive lag spikes, especially around other players.

Sometimes, I am unable to transfer equipment from a dead body.  I thought this was because my arm was blacked out, but it happened when both arms are fully functional.

Occasionally, a spawned player is maybe lagged out/timed out and not able to be killed?  Sucks to give away your position and not get a kill.

the whole "competitve" thing doesnt really go with the whole MO of the game, when the game comes out and its truly open world, it doesnt really make sense. imagine a similar feature in a game like dayz.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Kirby30500:

I just want to start off saying, EFT is one of the greatest games I've played, with potential for being the greatest.  For the developers, I have added an * where I believe the comment is most important.

Groups and matching:

1) *Modes:  I would like to suggest a mode, lets call it "competitive" where groups are matched against similar rank and similar sized groups.  You could choose to be grouped with a random if not already in a group.  I still like the idea of the way it is now where you have no idea how many/what rank PMC you are trying to kill.  Though, it would be nice to play in a more balanced scenario where I know there are no groups larger than mine, especially if I am playing solo.  Perhaps give some kind of XP bonus for playing in the current "survival" mode as you might call it.  Lastly, an "arcade mode" where you don't earn XP but you can test your gear against other players without risk of losing it.  Of course you could still pick up their gear and test out their gear too!

1.1) In my opinion its stupid , why ? At the End it will become a full open world game . Group matching ? You can group up and going into a raid . With luck vs single players with bad luck vs maybe bigger groups . Only one usefull about testing equipment is a weapon range where you can try your scopes and your weapons and maybe check the distance for the perfect shot .

2) There should be official "clans", including a way to mark yourself as belonging to a clan which would help in battle for identification of groups. 

2.2They will bring it , you can trade inside your clan and getting wrists in color to match with your mates.

3) *The ways for players to interact with each other outside of the live game is lacking.  It should be easier to find players you play in game with, make new friends, and send friend requests, etc.  Basically, if I group up with a random and it works out well, maybe I can see their name in the end game report?  Maybe a report at the end of the game that shows who I played with/against.  

3.3 yeah thats true you cant really interact with them . you have to remember their name and have to add them at he end of the game (someone added me and told me tha i killed him with my granate xD)

Other suggestions:

4) **For beginners there needs to be more introduction/tutorials/training modes.  I am sure this is in the works.

4.4 i bet , but if they really need help 3.3 could help our they just should check youtube.

5) *The weapon modding system is very difficult to learn.  It would be nice to have all of the possible mods for a selected weapon be presented.  Perhaps have a toggle in the weapon mods screen that lets you see what can be purchased versus what you own.  It would be nice to be able to purchase the mods in the weapon mods screen.

5.5 In my opinion this is the clue its not casual you really have to think and trying some different types . Its making fun when you know what you doing and upgrade your normal gun to a sick west coast custom weapon. I hope they never change it

6) It would be nice to have a quick start feature where it automatically buys out a customized gear layout you have designed and loads you into your preferred game mode/map.  Basically, the launch time is a little tedious/cumbersome, especially with going through 5 different traders, each with their load time and cumbersome layout.  Although, I could see where some might like the tedious nature of the preparation for combat.

6.6 Same as 5.5 i like it why ? Becaus its not simple its not uhhh i presed 1 button and i can play . I love to manage my inventory and Stuff like that and i bet the most of them too.

7) **Currently the motive for playing the game is lacking, especially after you have a large wealth and high loyalty.  I suggest a prestige rank that is either represented directly on the characters skin and perhaps their dog tag.  I would suggest that this prestige require a combination of rank and perhaps you can buy it for say 1,000,000 Rubles.  Maybe after you prestige you start over with the traders.  But you shouldn't have to do the quests again, maybe you earn loyalty again through earning XP/rank after you prestige.  

7.7 thats the problem of the game right now . When they adding your privat inventory its nice when you can change there something yeah . But the late game content is ahhh not avaible 30 m4s and 10 forts in stash and ? yeah i got armor and in my opinion the best weapon Target reached .

8) It would be interesting to have civilians.  You would lose XP for killing the civilians.  Perhaps the SCAVs look kind of like the civilians so its difficult to know who is a threat.  

8.8 read that out , there was a suggestion maybe someday it will happen. Some other players suggested that they can take "normal" roles like a field medic for everyone .

9) **Also, there should be a way to customize your skin/character.  It would be cool to be able to customize your gun, perhaps with spray paint. A way to buy different types of camouflage outfits.

9.9 that was my suggestion too. Maybe they will add the normal camouflage of every country so that you can choose what kind you wanna use . Maybe you really wanna use a urban camou for factory etc. Same like facepaint and maybe its possible to get a spraycan out of 1289349123 colours and you can spray that on your weapon and give it a other design.

10) It would be cool to have "wild dogs" that run the map and attack you occasionally, giving away campers.  Maybe they only go after characters with open wounds!  Perhaps you can drop the dogs food to pacify them.

10.10Na i think this is a bad point , truely i hate campers but this is a tactical shooter its normal you wont rush something and risk your life becaus someone is shooting its still a hardcore shooter that means when its dangerous you wait . When you want to be a Sniper and stay on 1 point for 30 minuts do it .

11) It would be nice that maybe in the "arcade" mode to have a "kill cam" or maybe a report that shows exactly where you were hit on the body (i.e. picture of your character with wounds), for how much damage.  Even a kill cam where you can only see your screen would be helpful in some situations in understanding "what the #@$*" just happened.

11.11 well it would be nice if they add a killcam after the match closed and save the file of your dead and the enemy player for an hour to check it .

12) The SCAVs ability to see through foliage is still too strong.  Also, it is too easy to hatchet a scav.  They turn about 15 degrees per second so you can easily run around them.  Perhaps they should turn faster but their aim still be off.

12.12Thats the point sometimes you got a scav that can 360 shoot you or a brainless zombie scav . But yeah one of the biggest problem is the vegetation and aiming with the scav they look thrue everything. They should fix that

13) It would be nice to have a combat grab.  Basically when you get close enough you can actually grab the other character or grab their gun making their gun ineffective.  Once in a grabbed situation both characters can activate the melee command, whoever is faster to melee wins.  If you have a pistol perhaps you default to it instead of melee?  

13.13 well with the problem of the server and the unity engine you cant solve that . Thats the point of the ergonomic system .But they can really add some passages where you can only walk with a weapon and not with a rifle .

14) The loading of magazines is too fast.  Need more incentive to bring more mags into combat.  Of course, with this change you would need allowances for more magazine storage.

14.14 They will add it and this will dramaticly change the shooting system and gearing . Becaus who will shoot 60 shoots in automatic when he have to clip it 1by1 ;) Im verry happy when they implement this into the game.

15)  Grenades make a clinking noise when they hit dirt/grass?  This should not be the case.  It should be more of a thud.  I keep thinking I dropped a bullet casing lol, then oh no! grenade!

15.15 yeah the sound system is still buggy but i think this will be solved soon.

16)  I would like to suggest bear traps and trip wires with grenades.  Perhaps the perception skill helps to identify these traps.  Also, flash bangs/stun grenades/smoke grenades?

16.16 smoke grenades are upcomming  but i never wanna be on factory when 6 people only throw smoke granades xD. And ive got the same idea maybe a littl different becaus its not so op . But i you got a nice position to sniper you can take 2 wood sticks and a bell and some wire and build something like a sound trap . So when someone trys to sneak behind you and walk against it you can hear it . Same with dropping a radio set and turn on the frequency on your headset and you can hear someone stepping.

17)  There should be some kind of XP loss for killing PMCs of the same organization?  Currently there is no purpose to USEC versus BEAR.

17.17 Everyone is talking about the Karma system i dont get it . 

18)  Suggest different types of pants (more storage) and shoes (quieter).

18.18 read about it 

19)  Suggest gun fire effect the sensitivity of hearing?

20)  Suggest at night time sight becomes better throughout the match unless exposed to bright light which causes you to lose your "night vision".

21)  Use of painkillers should have a negative effect on some skills?  Create an addiction?

22)  Bullets should go through players if not already.

23)  Night time flares you can launch into the air and light up an area?

Bugs:

Occasionally I get, a "move item" type error suggesting a simple bug which reverts all of my equipment moves back to where they were...

Occasional, yet massive lag spikes, especially around other players.

Sometimes, I am unable to transfer equipment from a dead body.  I thought this was because my arm was blacked out, but it happened when both arms are fully functional.

Occasionally, a spawned player is maybe lagged out/timed out and not able to be killed?  Sucks to give away your position and not get a kill.

Hello!

Here are some answers:

1) There won't be anything like this. The whole point is to not know. So, matching, say, solos or groups, ranks, or levels is not going to happen.

2) There will be a clan system, complete with clan quests and clan stash to name a few. Othere features have yet to be announced.

4) Already happening. Just a training stage. But ofc, there has always been the handbook at the bottom of the screen. (will be implemented on release)

5) You will have to learn it, that is part of the experience. If you want to know what guns a mod will fit on, then inspect the mod and there's a compatibility drop down.

6) Nikita: "purchase presets will be available" (for in game currency) Remember, what you find tedious is part of the nostalgic quality. 

7) Prestige Mode? Wrong game. The reason you don;t see a motive is because this is a test build. You will have plenty more to do in release, so just sit tight sugar. (Being able to buy the prestige sounds almost like a microtransaction, but with in game currency. we will never have MT's in any form just fyi.)

8) Like I said above, there will be lots more things that you won;t expect. (Watch out for falling mortars)

9) We have announced this a few times. Couple face options, armbands, uppers and lowers that's it so far.

10) It's been mentioned, but nothing at all solid

11) There is no "arcade mode". We will have "Arena Mode" which will be much more brutal, but we will not have kill cams. This is not that type of game.

12) This has been discussed and answered too numerous of times to count. Scavs are still in development.

13) We already have a button for buttstroke in the game that is not implemented yet. There are also take downs in the second video that came out. (Go look at the archives on the main website)

14) You will not be able to drag and drop ammo in the release. You will have to bring in more mags.

15) Development!

16) Mines and traps announced almost from day one.

17) ........Karma system.

18) Answered on #9. You want quieter steps? Level up the proper skill, when it's implemented in the release.

19) Not sure what you mean. We have Comtacs because gun fire does affect hearing and you need them to muffle gun fire close to you.

20) Already exists. It's a lesser form of it than the amount we had in early Alpha. It is being retooled.

21) Announced almost from day one.

22) They have since day one. Check behind an enemy you killed near a wall.

23) See #21

BUGS: We know all these. 

We have a rule...read the rules. But one rule, in particular, applies to this post:

On 1/12/2016 at 8:43 AM, TarkovEscaper said:

3. Creating messages and topics
Before creating messages (posts) or discussion topics, please make sure your message or topic complies with the present forum rules. Also, before creating discussion topics or asking a question in any form, please make sure that such topic does not already exist on forum and the question was not yet answered on it, to avoid double/multiple questions or topics bearing the same meaning.

You put a lot of effort into this post and that does not go unnoticed. But that effort would be well invested in research beforehand. Almost all of these things could have been found by looking here, FB, Twitter, Google, and Reddit. Please, understand that I love helping the community and answering questions but this eats into productivity when it can be found on your own. Please, remember this before posting and we look forward to seeing more well thought out  high effort posts (for reference: just no walls of text! This was not a wall, jus sayin :) )

#LOCKED.

• Like 1