Kalvsylta

Automatic fire at distances.

How do you guys feel about a lot of people being able to use automatic fire to drop people at great distaces?

I have learned that switching to automatic fire at spawn in is essential to be able to out damage my opponent.

Having shot carbines irl I know that auto is not that effective at distances. One wouldnt be able to keep the spread as tight as it is possible in this game.

Everyone is spraying, not even praying.

The general rule for me is to keep the gun on full auto so if/when I get surprised (which s a lot) I can just spray and hope in shooting in the right direction. If I come across someone at range and I have time, I flip it to single shot and aim from there.. Always remembering to switch back to full auto afterwards (and load a fresh mag) 

This is unlikely to change once loading mags takes time, except I'll probably be carrying more mags around and might no swap mags if I've only taken 2 or 3 shots. 

For some reason, if even you have an AKM, the safest thing to do is full auto during an encounter

hopefully it'll register as many shots as possible, atm there is nothing tactical to it

unless he is really far away

3 hours ago, zachgibson22 said:

I get what you're point is but I have no ideas on how you could counter it other than just adding more recoil, which I feel isn't the answer

Make refilling the mags take time? Easier to reload 2 shots than 20..

5 hours ago, xmode said:

Make refilling the mags take time? Easier to reload 2 shots than 20..

I think between getting their servers in check and adding this, the gameplay would slow down.

Also keep in mind in a real firefight scenario, taking one bullet is more than enough to drop a person even if it doesn't kill them. Our characters are kind of like emotionless terminators that only die when their heart stops beating. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, zachgibson22 said:

I get what you're point is but I have no ideas on how you could counter it other than just adding more recoil, which I feel isn't the answer

Out of curiosity, may I ask why that wouldn't be the answer? That's. . . Pretty much exactly how it is in real life. Full auto is just too uncontrollable to use at any sort of range in real life. Obviously, however, a significant part of that is that the recoil is somewhat random. It's not perfectly consistent, your compensation isn't perfectly consistent, which means that you'll never truly be able to perfectly counter the recoil no matter how good you are. 

Just add both more recoil and more inconsistent recoil and you've got balance. Make it so that the only effective way of landing hits at any sort of range is to line up the sights on target, and you're good. 

Edited by Keter

Since we're talking about in-game relevant subject (not "real life"). Not how one should either choose semi over auto or otherwise.

Allow me to shed another light. What it really comes down to is input lag.

To counter any such input lag. The player would compensate for more percentage on target hit/registered. In another words, the more input lag; the quicker rate of fire is required for optimal (percentage of) hits on target. There in lies the auto fire vs semi fire when exchanging rounds in the game. This principle applies to most FPS genre of games. 

Escape from Tarkov. Mostly a close to semi-medium range of fire fights. The hits per tenth of a second/second, counts more so than accuracy to obtain enough HP bleed to incapacitate players. With the exception of optimal environments where the shooter has; minimal lag, ping to server, and good FPS, bullet ballistics vs target's protection,luck/skill to get that one hit wonder shots.

my 2 cents...

2 hours ago, LowSpeed said:

Since we're talking about in-game relevant subject (not "real life"). Not how one should either choose semi over auto or otherwise.

Allow me to shed another light. What it really comes down to is input lag.

To counter any such input lag. The player would compensate for more percentage on target hit/registered. In another words, the more input lag; the quicker rate of fire is required for optimal (percentage of) hits on target. There in lies the auto fire vs semi fire when exchanging rounds in the game. This principle applies to most FPS genre of games. 

Escape from Tarkov. Mostly a close to semi-medium range of fire fights. The hits per tenth of a second/second, counts more so than accuracy to obtain enough HP bleed to incapacitate players. With the exception of optimal environments where the shooter has; minimal lag, ping to server, and good FPS, bullet ballistics vs target's protection,luck/skill to get that one hit wonder shots.

my 2 cents...

image.png.946e56b5a611722295cf7d95a648622d.png