Anju

Scav Language

Anju

So, My friends and I find it hilarious when the Scavs talk, shout, scream in pain, but we don't know what they are actually saying? Is anyone able to translate some of the scav dialog for me, is it just mumbo jumbo or the Russian Language???

Deathstroke911

When Russian says bleat' , it means that someting went wrong

• Hot 1

Arikitaru
26 minutes ago, Deathstroke911 said:

When Russian says bleat' , it means that someting went wrong

Not really. "Blyat" is an expression (comes from a word that is literally translated as a "door", but spelled as "Blyad") - can be used anywhere from, as you said, stating something went wrong - and all the way to "surprised" and even happy in rare cases. Usually is there in a sentence just to amplify something, kind of like f-bombs for americans I guess - would be the closest one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Arikitaru
9 hours ago, Anju said:

So, My friends and I find it hilarious when the Scavs talk, shout, scream in pain, but we don't know what they are actually saying? Is anyone able to translate some of the scav dialog for me, is it just mumbo jumbo or the Russian Language???

Scavs speak like criminals a lot, they use a lot of phrases common to inmates/convicts. A lot of slang, basically. I don't think literal translation will help here, so I will try to explain some phrases instead and how they come to life (I used this post of another dude that collected all these phrases from somewhere else, gonna be easier for me; However the translation given there is very direct and literal, oftentimes wrong all together) :

——————————————————

NOTE: these phrases have swearwords in them, which violates the rules of the forum; I decided to put these in a spoiler to preserve the accuracy of translation. Be warned.

——————————————————

Spoiler

1. "Stryomnoye mestechko" - "Stryom" means fear, "mesto" is a place. Kind of like "This place is giving me shivers" 
  2. "Khot' mne tut pizdets kak ne nravitsya, no vykhoda u nas net"  -  Although I don't f*cking like it here, we don't really have a choice
  3. "A vot tut drugan moy byval, tochno"  -  Oh! My friend was here once, that's for sure!
  4. "I kto tak voyuyet? Tak tol'ko debily voyuyut!"  - Who even fights like this? Only idiots fight like this!
  5. "A, bashka bolit.. Bukhat' nado men'she"  -  Argh, got a headache. I should drink less.
  6. "Paskuda!"  - used to describe a bad person who has done bad deeds; 
  7. "Suka-a-a!!" - Biiiiiiiiiii*ch!!
  8. "Vot khuy!" - What a d*ck!
  9. "Chiki-briki, pal'chik vykin' "    Chiki-bricki is a phrase that is meant to describe an act of cutting something off. "Pal'chik vykin" means "throw a finger away". Basically a Russian version of "This little piggy went to the market" with a finger (toe in case with piggy) that was cut off. 
  10. "Nu davay, davay!"  -  Come on, come on!
  11. "Davay, davay-davay!"  - Come on, come on, come on!
  12. "Davay, mochi ikh!"  - Come on! F*ck them up! (this one doesn't actually have swear words in it, "mochi" literally means make somebody wet (not this way, you perv!) by trying to drown them (assuming in a barrel or bucket of water or something). "Ikh" = them. Basically a call to kill somebody. 
  13. "Mrazota!"  - another word to describe somebody nasty and bad as a person, this one has a hint of "disgusting". 
  14. "Khe, s utra vypil - den' svoboden"  - a catchphrase from Scav, that means "He-he... have a drink in the morning and free up your day" (meaning this was the only thing planned for the day)
  15. "Osobenno von tot parenok v belom, krasava blin"  -  Especially that dude wearing white, what a legend! (legend is pretty far from original here, but it's used in a same way by English-speaking society)
  16. "Urod!" - Descriptive for a person who has done bad deeds, literally means "Ugly", but in this context it's used as a "Ugly f*ck!"
  17. "Ot medvedya yeshcho nikto tselym ne ukhodil!" - No one has yet escaped from a bear alive! (he's using "tselym" though, it means "in one piece")
  18. "Khuyar' medvedya!" - F*ck the bear up! (referring to a member of PMC "Bears") 
  19. "Da yobushki-vorobushki" - no way to translate this literally, it has a meaning of "For f*cks sake". 
  20. "Blya, rabotayem, rabotayem" - F*ck! Work them over! - would be the closest way to phrase it. Scav means "let's work!" literally, meaning that killing is the job here. 
  21. "Gandon yebuchiy!"  - F*cking condom! (condom could be used as quite an offensive way to describe a person who have done bad deeds) 
  22. "Poshol, poshol!" - Move, move!
  23. "Shcha k barygam, a potom - po babam"  - First to the pawn shop and then to b*tches. (He doesn't actually say "cutie", but he means pretty loose women here)
  24. "Dostalo uzhe vso eto"  - I'm so done with this already.
  25. "Chto, zabyl kto te baton v budku zakidyvayet?" - Did you forget who's d*ck you're sucking? (He's saying this in a bit funnier way: "Did you forget who's throwing his baguette into your doghouse?" ("Budka" means a doghouse, oftentimes used to describe head, lol))
  26. "Ey, uyobok! Nu kak tam tebe, pechot!?" - Hey, f*cktard! Is it getting hot yet!?
  27. "Khm"  - Hmm. (would you guess?)
  28. "Kak zhe zayebalo vso" - I'm so f*cking done.

Remaining phrases with pretty poor translation from previous post I mentioned; Let me know if this was helpful or interesting for anybody at all, I will finish these as well.

Spoiler
  1. YA vas uyobkov davil, davlyu i davit' budu!    I crushed you, now I crush, and I will crush
  2. Nogi by tut ne slomat'    I do not want to break my legs here.
  3. Interesno, a do skol'ki segodnya skupshchik rabotayet?    I wonder, but how much today does the buyer work?
  4. Shcha vso tolknu, i v strip-bar    I'll sell everything and then in a strip bar
  5. Cho, bashka bolit? Bukhat' nado men'she    Is you head hurts? You need to drink less
  6. Vso!? Patrony konchilis'!?    It is all!? The cartridges are over !?
  7. Pustovato zdes'    It's empty here.
  8. Levyy koronnyy, pravyy pokhoronnyy    Left hit Crown, Right hit Funeral
  9. Davay mochi ikh!    Let's piss them!
  10. Malo vam govna, kotoroye vy zavalili!    Little poo to you, which you have filled up!
  11. Mozhet, nu nakhren? Ladno, shuchu ya, shuchu, pognali    Maybe, well duck? Okay, I'm joking, joking, chasing
  12. A vot tut moy korefan tochno byval    My accomplice was here
  13. Normal'no, normal'no, zhivom patsany    Normal, normal, we live boys
  14. Normas, normas, okhuyenno shchas pozhivimsya    Normas, the norm, ducking live right now
  15. Oy ne nravitsya mne eto mesto    Oh I do not like this place
  16. Akh ty kher yebuchiy!    Oh you dick ducking!
  17. O, pizdariki na vozdushnom sharike    Oh, ducking mosquito on a balloon
  18. O, nishtyak, shkura tsela, uzhe neplokho    Oh, its good, the skin is intact, not bad already
  19. Akh ty yebagla!    Oh, you fucked!
  20. Nu ladno, rabotayem dal'she    Okay, working on
  21. Na blya, zhri suka!    On ducking, eat the cutie!
  22. Pidoras!    Pansy boy!
  23. Podnazhali parni, yeshcho nemnogo!    Pressed the guys, a little more!
  24. Shchas tut vsekh zakoshmarim, ya te real'no govoryu    Right now we're all intimidating, I'm serious.
  25. Dikiye yeshcho eti, ikh tol'ko ne khvatalo    Scavs. They were not enough here
  26. A nicho, skupshchiku vso prodam, i zazhivom    Sell all things buyer and we will live well
  27. Zasrali mne shtany, suka! Nastoyashchiye Armani, blyat', real'nyye    poo in my pants, cutie! Real Armani, duck, real
  28. Shkura tsela, uzhe neplokho    Skin intact, not bad already
  29. Tak, tak, tak, chto tut u nas    So, so, so, what here at us
  30. Chto-to tikho bol'no    Something quietly hurt
  31. U etogo turista - bilet v odin konets!    This tourist has one way ticket!
  32. Nadoyelo vso, zhut'..    Tired of everything, very much
  33. Ee, fary vrubay, vafel!    Turn on the lights the golliwog
  34. Ne, ya s patsanami za takoye ne tor    We guys did not agree on this
  35. Davim ikh, davim!    We press them, we press!
  36. Nishtyak, patsany, segodnya kayfuyem    Well boys, we are kidding today.
  37. My Tarkov ot vas vychistim, mrazi!    We'll clean Tarkov from you, scum!
  38. Nu chto, neplokhoy den', gospoda    Well, a good day, gentlemen.
  39. Nu vso blyad', ty ogrebayesh'!    Well, all the ducking, you're get it!
  40. Nu i cho tut, yest' kto, net?    Well, anyboby here? No?
  41. Nu vso, khana yemu!    Well, death to him!
  42. Nu cho, patsanchiki, nu blya vse syuda ko mne    Well, hey, kid  well, duck it all here to me
  43. Nu, nogi v ruki na promysly, bratva    Well, legs in hand on crafts, bratva
  44. Nu cho, nachalo dnya uzhe neplokhoye    Well, the beginning of the day is already quite good
  45. Nu cho, nachalo dnya uzhe neplokhoye    Well, the beginning of the day is already quite good
  46. Nu cho ty tam stonesh'!?    Well, what are you moaning about !?
  47. Nu i cho tut za khuynya?    Well, what kind of bullshit?
  48. Nu kuda ty spryatalsya!?    Well, where did you hide !?
  49. Nu kuda ty spryatalsya? Vylezay!    Well, where did you hide? Get out!
  50. Nu i cho ty syuda priyekhal?    Well, why did you come here?
  51. Cho ty zabyl na nashey zemle, suka!?    What have you forgotten in our land, cutie!
  52. Eto cho za khren'?    what kind of nonsense?
  53. Svistni v khuy, shcha te pizda pridot!    Whistle to the dick,  baby will come to you!
  54. Fuuu..    Whoa ..
  55. Zashibis'    Wow!
  56. Da shcha porvom yego!    Yes  tear it!
  57. Da oni voobshche vse molodtsy, pidory    Yes, they are all good fellows, pansy boy
  58. Da-da, pozhrat' by, konechno, ne pomeshalo    Yes, yes, of course, it did not stop to devour
  59. Da sdokhni ty tam uzhe pidor!    Yes, you're already ducking dead!
  60. Nekhoroshiy vy blyat' chelovek    You are a bad ducking person
  61. Khana te, ponyal!?    your are dead man, understand !?
  62. Tebe pizda! Ty ponyal, blya!?    You're in deep fucked quim! Do you understand!?

1 hour ago, Arikitaru said:

Not really. "Blyat" is an expression (comes from a word that is literally translated as a "door", but spelled as "Blyad") 

Somebody corrected my message and twisted the meaning. It's not door, it's, um, pretty loose woman I should say I guess. The descriptive of such rhymes with "door".

Edited by Arikitaru
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Wild_Hater

Blyat means slut, same as shalava

Edited by Ytsuhen

ivic
В 12.02.2018 в 23:36, Arikitaru сказал:

Shkura tsela, uzhe neplokho    Skin intact, not bad already 

i would tranlate that: After all, still alive.

skin intact means ,that subject is alive. And "not bad already" doesnt actually mean, "good or bad", its more about what was in the past.

Smiegt

what does the "opachki" mean, and how is it actually spelled?

Krymz_

I want to know what "gaga eazy" means. i guess thats not how it's spelled.

• Sad 1

iyhan_spb
В 15.08.2018 в 02:18, Smiegt сказал:

Nothing... It is just a interjection that means something like "what do we got here"  

9 минут назад, Krymz_ сказал:

I want to know what "gaga eazy" means. i guess thats not how it's spelled.

Nothing as well. It is not even Russian language :) Just some kind of mumbling

Edited by iyhan_spb

Krymz_

gaga means goog games? or does saying G in russian sounds like GA?

dimkametkiy
В 27.11.2018 в 06:14, OperatorAF сказал:

Does "gepka" mean anything? 

[Kepka]

Means - cap / baseball cap, this term came from dayz mod,

In russian community, a fresh spawn that had nothing and not a threat, was called [Kepka]

Basically it's the same as "Bambi" in english community)

• Upvote 1

TheLegend01

what does "sloshwy" measn what they yell at ya

• Confused 1

WagonWheel1268

Arikitaru made a list of some scav phrases and their translations, I think I found a more accurate translation for one of the rough translations.

I put these in a spoiler b/c they contain language, just tryna adhere to guidlines here

Spoiler
On 2/12/2018 at 3:36 PM, Arikitaru said:

Tebe pizda! Ty ponyal, blya!?    You're in deep fucked quim! Do you understand!?

I know a bit of Russian, I think this phrase sounds more like, "You're in deep ducking sh*t! Do you understand!?

Edited by WagonWheel1268
Poor formatting

dudu1488
В 15.08.2018 в 02:18, Smiegt сказал:

Its word is used as " Hey, who do we have here?»

В 15.11.2018 в 8:21 PM, Krymz_ сказал:

it's a laugh like lol

dudu1488

Guys, if you want I can you translate, I Russian

Arikitaru
On 11/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, Krymz_ said:

It's just hard to hear if you're not a native speaker. He pronounces two letters (kind of like "D" has a transcription "Dee") - ГГ (gee gee) ИЗИ (easy). ГГ stands for exact same thing as GG - гуд гейм (good game). 

what does "sloshwy" measn what they yell at ya

Couldn't understand that from your transcription, unfortunately. If you find a video where they say this word, I can help

Edited by Arikitaru
  • Like 1

Krymz_

yeah i must have had a typo, i don't even know what that's referencing. maybe "slo-jee-wee", if going by sound only.

Princip
В 01.07.2019 в 06:52, Krymz_ сказал:

yeah i must have had a typo, i don't even know what that's referencing. maybe "slo-jee-wee", if going by sound only.

Fun theme))))) «sloojeewiy» so the people called a man who serves in the army (soldier)

• Upvote 1

Nathan23554

Can someone please tell me what "Hasta labogala" means lol

RadicalFeminist
On 8/15/2018 at 8:18 AM, Smiegt said:

Opachki (опацки) or just ohpa (опа), is slang for like “woah”, like when surprised more or less, I was told by a Russian speaking friend that its one of those words that doesn’t really translate to English, and isn’t a real word in Russian. Its more like prison slang or the “gopnik language“ as he called it 😂

Kasheen

Allrighty guys interesting thread, native speaker here lol. I've listened many SCAV quotes and can tell you they do sound very realistic.

Predominately derive from Russian semicriminal world. Ask questions ;)

FeddyKen
On 1/9/2020 at 8:37 AM, Kasheen said:

Allrighty guys interesting thread, native speaker here lol. I've listened many SCAV quotes and can tell you they do sound very realistic.

Predominately derive from Russian semicriminal world. Ask questions ;)

How about the ever popular "Dicky needles!" yelled out from the "Scav Down!" option for Bear? How is that actually spelled?

masman00001

whats shoes are clean lol