Lightel

Make checking mag animation usefull

Lightel

Hello, i'd like to suggest something to developpers:

First of all, i've shot with my AKM. If i go to inventory i should see this:5a81eb017aa12_2018-02-1220-23_-18_72_565.9_0_01_00_00.1(0).thumb.png.63ef8216b3c0471b45076d44f884a549.png

Then, i check the magazine:

5a81eb42a9238_2018-02-1220-23_-18_72_565.9_0_01.0-0_20.1(0).thumb.png.d15a1fe9499587e23bf9a856354a50a1.png

So in my inventory i should be able to see the last info i've got about my mag:

5a81eb896825f_2018-02-1220-23_-18_72_565.9_0_01_00_00.1(1).thumb.png.d399a79383230f9d1231c3b1c502687b.png

This would really change the way the game is beeing played, and increase the immersion. Of course, it would depends of the mastering level of the weapon.

OR else, just remove the inventory info, you will have to remind the number of cartridges inside your magazine

Pease guys, tell me what you think about this, if it's (i'm quoting Nikita :D) "PLANNED" or not and your own suggestions. I hope a dev or Emmissary will hear about it^^

Thanks!

Edited by Lightel
Added an idea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

alex8xela

Yeah this is a good idea, I do believe that it is planned.

They also need to allow us to start reloading if we are already in the animation of checking our mag in the first place.

• Like 1

PIG-Mathieu
8 minutes ago, alex8xela said:

Yeah this is a good idea, I do believe that it is planned.

They also need to allow us to start reloading if we are already in the animation of checking our mag in the first place.

A Q&A released only on the russian forum confirmed that it was planned (according to google' s worst tool ever)

• Upvote 1

Shmickel

Technically the plan if i remember well is there will be no more ways in game to see how many bullet you have in a mag during a raid, even if you Tab and look in your gear. As well as the will add reload mag motion and timer. 

The only way you will be able to know is by doing a mag check. the more mastery lvl you have with a specific weapon the more accurate your information will be until it tells you the exact amount. So staying with 1 specific weapon and mastering it will become crucial later one. 

Choose wisely.

Edited by Shmickel
  • Like 1

ynnus86

In the past there was also no way to know the fire mode (single or auto) without looking at the gun's handle. But they changed it to make it more casual with text notice. In this case it's okay because the text just shows what the PMC thinks when turning the handle. He is a trained soldier so he knows which position is which fire mode. But when it comes to the bullets in the mags I agree with you. There should be not a fast way like pushing tab for a second to know exactly the remaining bullets. It would be more intense to really have an eye (or ear) on how many shoots you fired and maybe in heavy fire be suprised by an empty gun. Could happen in real life, should be also in EFT. So this is a great idea to implement.

For the hideout (or stash inventory) I would keep it as it is since the pmc has all the time in world to exactly count the rounds. So numbers of bullets displayed as right now is fine here.

skyf1re
5 минут назад, ynnus86 сказал:

In the past there was also no way to know the fire mode (single or auto) without looking at the gun's handle. But they changed it to make it more casual with text notice. In this case it's okay because the text just shows what the PMC thinks when turning the handle. He is a trained soldier so he knows which position is which fire mode. But when it comes to the bullets in the mags I agree with you. There should be not a fast way like pushing tab for a second to know exactly the remaining bullets. It would be more intense to really have an eye (or ear) on how many shoots you fired and maybe in heavy fire be suprised by an empty gun. Could happen in real life, should be also in EFT. So this is a great idea to implement.

There was an animation of checking safety before that patch. But for untrained eye (especially with game FOV) it is extremely hard to tell (even if you posses AK irl). And definitely impossible with VSS/VAL. But your operator, as you said, kinda used to it, so text is not a big step out of realism. It is a mandatory step.

Lewisuk

It is planned for it to not show in the inventory, but there is no ETA on when it will be added to the game.

Your suggestion of updating the inventory is quite interesting.

#Locked as feature is planned.