BigDan818

PLEASE make HATCHLINGS unable to collect&keep the money they find.

BigDan818

Please make hatchlings unable to keep the money they find. There are so many hatchlings that it takes away the fun and challenge.  They spawn and run to the safes or anywhere they can find money just to put it in their alpha or gamma container and rinse repeat.  I literally run into more hatchlings than geared players. If you make the hatchlings a lower chance of finding good loot, then less of them would be coming out with a hatch... I understand sometimes it's good to be hatchling because you want to let's say run and find the Flash drive for a quest but people are doing it waaaay too much. They're so scared to lose their gear which is a important part of the game.  The possibility of losing your gear gives value to your gear which then intensifies the game and keeps you moree on edge.....Please make the probability of finding good loot a little lower for the hatchlings, it would push them to at least come with a pistol lol.....

• Sad 1

Jlesaistu

i think that a wrong approach to the hatcling "problem"..

hatchling are caused by the overwhelmign fear of m4/fast/fort player for a new player who can hardly aford a verp with no mod and no body armor (caus they have all vendor level 1)...hatchling are caused by how hard it can be to grind for key item like certain key, hatchling are caused by the "why not"....

things like reducing scav cooldown/rewarding scav play more, increased teamwork mechanic (karma system) to reduce the complete free-for-all from the game, giving more permanant disaventage to dying as PMC, having better map scaling (so perhaps lower gear player will star in lower reward map and good gear player will stay in better reward map....all of those sulition seem much better than just makign them unable to loot for some random reason.

and the good things is than pretty much all of that is planned .

• Like 2
  • Hot 1

jgriff042

You can solve that problem by making it so that there is a level buffer when you enter a game... as in you aren't playing with anyone more than x amount of levels above or below you... it would make the game more fun, and less of a challenge for your "hatchlings"... everyone was a hatchling at one point the difference is that a lot of the higher level characters and players have been playing for the entirety of the games existence whereas the people who just started playing the game have no chance to kill someone who is 30 levels higher than them... I have emptied 6 rounds into someone and did 500+ damage and they turn around and kill me in 1 shot... 

Notleee
1 hour ago, jgriff042 said:

You can solve that problem by making it so that there is a level buffer when you enter a game... as in you aren't playing with anyone more than x amount of levels above or below you... it would make the game more fun, and less of a challenge for your "hatchlings"... everyone was a hatchling at one point the difference is that a lot of the higher level characters and players have been playing for the entirety of the games existence whereas the people who just started playing the game have no chance to kill someone who is 30 levels higher than them... I have emptied 6 rounds into someone and did 500+ damage and they turn around and kill me in 1 shot... 

This would eliminate the chance of low lvl players being able to make plays. I think this is a big part of the game and a part that draws people into tarkov even more.

• Like 1

jgriff042

It could me a manual buffer, I.E. a difficulty pick that allows you to join any of the difficulties at any level, but has a max lvl to join, easy - 0 to 10, medium - 0-20, hard - 0 - 30, insane - No lvl cap

SaltyAF

I would say not to reduce the loot but instead make the punishments for dying as a PMC be higher. I think that reducing the cooldown of playing as a scav would help

OneTrueLizardo

I see lot of you guys suggesting "making punishments for dying more harsh" to reduce hatchling runs... I have no idea how this would solve anything. I can say that I die just as much with a hatchet than with full gear. I mean I only die when the other player spots me before I spot him, so it doesn't matter if I'm rocking a paca and an AK74 or just a knife. They just spray me down. I'm not gaining some magical sense of surroundings and heat vision with my paca and AK. It would just discourage me even MORE to avoid taking gear since I die just as much with a hatchling, now I just lose MORE money.

IF your concern is about them running and looting, then here's a solution I have posted before and it's an easy and damn fine fix: Make the secure container items protected only if they are brought IN to the raid, like your keybar, map and meds. Everything you put inside it from the raid is not secure and can be looted. Then you can just gun those hatchlings and take that precious gold chain from their container for yourself.

Happy?

jukeboxknox
9 hours ago, jgriff042 said:

There will not be a level checker or matchmaker. Eventually it will be impossible to run hatchet let alone a single player full gear, as this is a TEAM game and soon the devs will push it further in that direction. All gear or levels currently will be wiped why do people whine when it's still in testing and you'll be wiped. The hatchling "problem" will fix itself.

• Like 1

Znajka29

HATCHETS FTW !!!

Let them run :D I love hatchlings , those precious dog tags , that experience when you kill them , ehhh I can't describe how I love them 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

punisherlinux
3 minutes ago, Znajka29 said:

HATCHETS FTW !!!

Let them run :D I love hatchlings , those precious dog tags , that experience when you kill them , ehhh I can't describe how I love them 

giphy.gif

Totally agree, i'dont know why the people cry a lot about that... 

jukeboxknox
Just now, punisherlinux said:

Totally agree, i'dont know why the people cry a lot about that... 

It's because they aren't very successful when they try it, so they think it should be removed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bluewolf333

I think part of the reason hatchilings exist is to attemp getting the keybar, which 99.9% of the time they die before even having a chance to get it.  It really is only profitable for gaining smaller items to get money unless the other PMCs die to SCAVs before they run in.  I don't view them as an issue at all.  

KIIAK

I think that the hatchets are fine 

• Thanks 1

punisherlinux

A lot of people open treads like this one, hatchlings does not have anything to loose but they make less money and they probably die a lot of times to make a bit of money, sometimes one of then got lucky and make more than usual but is all. If you are geared have risk too(But less) and probably if you are good, you will make more money. You have a lot of ways to make money, kill scavs until they give you a fort or other stuff, kill other geared players, dog tags...

Edited by punisherlinux

VirtuaStig

Everyone plays this game in different ways, the appeal of Tarkov is exactly that. I play the way I want, want camp for 20 min while some fully geared player who's too stupid to check his corners walk's right into the middle of your crosshair, do that. Want to run around with a hatchet or a knife and kill Scav's or loot the safes. We really need to stop moaning about something that will not change.

For me I find that consistantly getting kills and selling the Dogtags and guns I find yields more money, etc.

Again forcing people to play only in a way that you want is selfish.

cribbit

Any sort of level/gear based matchmaking should never, ever happen and thankfully the devs have stated they know it's a bad idea. 

What the game needs isn't an arbitrary anti-hatchling mechanic but more scavs guarding loot from undergeared players. You shouldn't be able to bumrush dorms/spa etc with just a hatchet, where your defense against players is that no one else can get there before you. You should have to bring basic gear to defend yourself against scavs, which in turn also slows you down enough to have to contend with players. 

Gear should be a progression. Lightly defended or undefended areas on the edges of map should have pistols/low tier shotguns/low tier SMG's. Medium defended areas have better gear. Highly defended areas have the best gear.

This solves the other big issue in game, regearing after being broke. Right now a hatchling has no choice but to rush high density loot areas. Hatchlings should have quieter areas to go to that let them get gear to go after the next gear progression area. 

This also helps with "camping" - rather than rushing the high density loot area and sitting in a random room waiting for footsteps, you have to kill scavs to even get set up. This makes noise/slows you down/gives notice that you're there making it an actual decision to consider. 

THE_GHOST-23
21 minutes ago, cribbit said:

This also helps with "camping" - rather than rushing the high density loot area and sitting in a random room waiting for footsteps, you have to kill scavs to even get set up. This makes noise/slows you down/gives notice that you're there making it an actual decision to consider. 

I have no problem, hitting a scav in the face with my hatchet. Also IRL if you are within 23 feet of someone with a knife and they are not ready, gun up ready to pull the trigger then you are dead man to a hatchet every time. (This is why US Police shoot people with knifes even if you think they are at a safe distance) If you are looking for realism, then pretty much any engagement on factory would be won by a hatchling. I strongly dislike that the operators walk around constantly with their weapon at the high ready, any one that has held a gun at the high ready while standing for a considerable amount of time will tell you an 8 pound weapon gets heavy really fast, now add all that cool guy poo I see on everyones M4 and your talking about a 12 pound weapon yah good luck holding that up for an hour; I think it should drain your stamina bar at a descent pace when standing, less if you are couching and almost nil if you are laying down, I think it should drain more, if you have every attachment on your weapon as well, as all of this adds a considerable amount of weight to your weapon. Also standing sniping should not exist in a game like this, there would be so much weapon sway on a long rifle while free standing you wouldn't hit anything further then 100 yards, its so bad right now in this state quick scoping might as well be a thing. Also I just want to crush this argument real quick "but they are highly trained operators"... no most contractors are less trained then the average US service member, there are exceptions to that rule, but most are not bad ass SF guys that also have a side job as the Punisher, that this game would make you think they are.

Rrraaayyy

well they did say there will be a way which players who only go in with a hatchet will get punished but we haven't heard anything else i think....

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: We will not be doing this. We are not going to restrict a player from playing the way they choose and restricting them from taking certain items or access to their secured container is not going to happen. The game is going to become increasingly more difficult in the release, along with, the story objective that will change the dynamic of the game. This is still a test phase! Please use the search function because this has been discussed numerous times. (Rule #3)

ct2018

• Like 1