Settings keep reverting to default after I close EFT

ImWithStupid

ImWithStupid

I have been dealing with this issue for a couple weeks now and am wondering if anyone else is too.

When I start the game, I notice that all my customized settings are always reverted back to the games default setup. I have to keep inputting my custom graphics, sound, and controls in every time I play the game. It is becoming very frustrating since I had no problems with this when I first got the game in early January 2018. Yes I hit 'SAVE' every time I exit the settings. Once I do change the controls to how I play, they stay the whole time I have EFT open on my pc. Alt-Tab'ing does not revert my controls. Once I close the game and start it backup, the settings are reverted. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling and that didn't work.

Please help 

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
AdmiralNice

I have the same problem here, since the last update.
All settings rolled back after restarting the "launcher/game", graphics, sound, gameplay ... 
I am using Kaspersky for AntiVirus, i put eft to the exception list. 
Tryed start launcher and game as admin, nothing is working.

• 4 weeks later...
TCG_DarkProjekt

My wife is having the same issue. From day one all of her settings revert back to default when she loads in. 

win 10

amd 8350

gtx 980

16 gb of ram

malwarebytes and windows defender for anitvirus

some support on this would be great its majorly frustrating for her and me because i have to hear about it.

Xenomorph0352
4 hours ago, dark_projekt said:

My wife is having the same issue. From day one all of her settings revert back to default when she loads in. 

win 10

amd 8350

gtx 980

16 gb of ram

malwarebytes and windows defender for anitvirus

some support on this would be great its majorly frustrating for her and me because i have to hear about it.

hi, I noticed a while back that the ini for this game is in the user/documents folder, please check to make sure this folder, eft sub folder, as well as the ini itself is NOT checked "read only" this would mean that any changes will not carry over. This was a trick I used to do on Fallout games when they would automatically revert vertical sync back on, made it read only, and boom game couldn't chage it, but then if I wanted to change something would have to hard edit the ini instead of changing directly from the menus. Good luck!

Edited by Xenomorph0352
necuja
On 4/2/2018 at 9:58 PM, dark_projekt said:

Awesome! we are trying now thank you1

Hey just checking up if you had any luck with this method

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
TCG_DarkProjekt
On 4/4/2018 at 6:07 AM, necuja said:

Hey just checking up if you had any luck with this method

No sir. she has full admin rights no files or folders are read only 

she still has to change settings every time she loads in

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
mirandanc

I`m having the same problem, it is specially frustrating since i have a ultra wide monitor so i NEED to change the resolution to be able to play.

• 1 month later...
FrontalLobe
On 7/28/2018 at 6:22 AM, mirandanc said:

Go to the Documents section, find the folder with the game and delete the files "shared.ini" and
"local.ini". This worked for me.

this method does not work

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

so i have been struggling with saving my settings since last year and i have finally figured out what to do there is a hidden folder in your documents named "Escape From Tarkov" first you need to be able to see it by opening your folder settings and enabling the ability to see hidden folders and files if you have trouble use google then there will be two documents in that folder a local.ini and shared.ini files delete them and restart game and you should not have this issue anymore 

-Best of Luck

• 1 year later...
nicktehbeast
On 4/11/2019 at 1:41 AM, Gin-G said:

so i have been struggling with saving my settings since last year and i have finally figured out what to do there is a hidden folder in your documents named "Escape From Tarkov" first you need to be able to see it by opening your folder settings and enabling the ability to see hidden folders and files if you have trouble use google then there will be two documents in that folder a local.ini and shared.ini files delete them and restart game and you should not have this issue anymore 

-Best of Luck

This worked