Blackb1rd

1PN138 Night Scope

Battlestate Games is happy to announce that over the course of its partnership with Valday company (more widely known as the former PLC Jupiter, producer of Ratnik system hybrid day/night scopes) — a Russian manufacturer of high-quality optics products and systems — Escape from Tarkov will get a 1PN138 night vision scope.

TRANSLATIONS

• German translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of German @ramjid
  • Spanish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Spain @MrXavito
  • French translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of France @YuD
  • Japan translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Japan @giraffy
  • Finnish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Finland @sp3edie
  • Bulgarian translation of the news can be found here.Thanks to Emissary of Bulgaria @Shibby
  • Portuguese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Brazil @dimittri4gc

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_5816.JPG

• Like 19
  • Hot 4
  • Upvote 1

Nice! More equipment is nice! 

But I think that for NV to be used on a broader scale, the way EFT handles darkness has to be adjusted. Otherwise these tools will be underused due to brightness being easily adjusted in programs such as ReShade.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

But I think that for NV to be used on a broader scale, the way EFT handles darkness has to be adjusted. Otherwise these tools will be underused due to brightness being easily adjusted in programs such as ReShade.

Might be time to take action and change the tos to start banning for reshade since there have recently been ways to exploit ways to cheat with it. Would fix gamma boosting too

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Borges80 said:

Might be time to take action and change the tos to start banning for reshade since there have recently been ways to exploit ways to cheat with it. Would fix gamma boosting too

I have been pushing for evidence to suggest that ReShade can do something that you cannot with nVidia control panel for example. I have seen examples in PUBG for example where ReShade has been used in gamebreaking ways. But lack evidence to support such an argument with EFT (since these filters have to be adapted to each game).  

There has been an internal discussion before, and Battlestates position has remained that ReShade shall be allowed until there is anything to suggest that it does something that cannot already be achieved using (for example) driver methods (clarity, brightness settings in the GFX-card drivers etc).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkCrye said:

if they ban reshade before implementing a proper anti alias, im gonna be sad

the extra zoom doesnt seem valuable to me, not in pubg either, maybe its the size of my screen being large enough, ive never had problems spotting people without the zoom, and in tarkov it would be even worse, its so pixelated from the lack of AA that even with zooming, youd still need a proper zoom scope or you wouldnt spot anyone, just maybe some dark pixels mixed with other jagged dark pixels.

On 13/2/2018 at 6:21 AM, Borges80 said:

they should ban reshade, SQUAD and PUBG already did this

On 13/02/2018 at 1:01 PM, tobiassolem said:

There has been an internal discussion before, and Battlestates position has remained that ReShade shall be allowed until there is anything to suggest that it does something that cannot already be achieved using (for example) driver methods (clarity, brightness settings in the GFX-card drivers etc).

Many who use Reshade wouldn't tweak Nvidia settings, I guess. The whole point of Reshade is to facilitate those tweaks.

On 13. 2. 2018 at 9:34 AM, tobiassolem said:

Agree,

I am not using reshade, but I have some cool features on my monitor to boost brightness a bit.

I think the problem is that right now, Night vision is beneficial especially between 21 - 00 tarkov time , after the moon comes up, NV is not so much necessary/beneficial anymore.

Simply put, I like the night with the moon and that it makes night raids more playable even without NV, but I would make nights after the moon comes up a "tiny bit darker", if you want people to utilize NV more.

Anyways, I am happy to see new items added to the game, more items = more fun :bewhink: