CRE4MPIE

Spectate Mode for Team members

Would it be possible to add a spectator mode for squad games ?

It's super frustrating to just sit and wait for your squaddies to extract when you've died earlier in the game. The ability to spectate them would be awesome !!

CP out

I would vote no, as it will give groups an unfair and unrealistic advantage, this is coming from a predominantly group player.

If you want to spectate your friends, you can get them to stream

I feel that it would be okay as long as its only a first person view of a player that is still alive in your group so you cant see more than the player that is alive and give unfair information.

Well it is frustrating to just stay there and wait for them to finish a raid. If you can only see their POV it is cool for me.

• Like 1

I prefer to have this option, sometimes i just want to see and wait that my friend finish the game, i don't think this give to player a super extra advantage.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DanExert said:

I would vote no, as it will give groups an unfair and unrealistic advantage, this is coming from a predominantly group player.

If you want to spectate your friends, you can get them to stream

I must agree with @DanExert. On paper this idea sounds nice but in reality it's just another set of eyes that will help teammate who is alive to spot someone or help navigate better by sound. 

Edited by sYs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I believe there is an app/service called 'Hideout' something or other, you may wish to look into this with your friends

42 minutes ago, CRE4MPIE said:

It's super frustrating to just sit and wait for your squaddies to extract when you've died earlier in the game. The ability to spectate them would be awesome !!

CP out

4 minutes ago, punisherlinux said:

I prefer to have this option, sometimes i just want to see and wait that my friend finish the game, i don't think this give to player a super extra advantage.

9 minutes ago, sergiu2411 said:

Well it is frustrating to just stay there and wait for them to finish a raid. If you can only see their POV it is cool for me.

12 minutes ago, lemondropgaming said:

I feel that it would be okay as long as its only a first person view of a player that is still alive in your group so you cant see more than the player that is alive and give unfair information.

17 minutes ago, sYs said:

I must agree with @DanExert. On paper this idea sounds nice but in reality it's just another set of eyes that will help teammate who is alive to spot someone or help navigate better by sound. 

I really don't see a problem with that ? Look at PUBG e.g. It's hugely successful there - allowing you to spectate squad members ? It's not like Tarkov is SO realistic in all aspects that it would be a negative ;)

8 минут назад, CRE4MPIE сказал:

I really don't see a problem with that ? Look at PUBG e.g. It's hugely successful there - allowing you to spectate squad members ? It's not like Tarkov is SO realistic in all aspects that it would be a negative ;)

It will indeed. If you play CS:GO, you know about tunnel vision on crosshair. When your mate focusing on 10% of the screen, you often give very important info about ammo, health, minimap and time. Sometimes you can even spot enemy pixel on his screen, right in the corner. It is indeed additional pair of eyes like @sYs said and it is crucial in pixel-hunting game like EFT.

P.S. Yes, I suffer of waiting too. And I wanna see my mates extremely. But no. Just no.

Edited by skyf1re

7 minutes ago, CRE4MPIE said:

It's not because there is a problem with that system, it' s because of the game it self. EFT is hardcore, realistic and very intense. Games like dayz and EFT give you next to no tools or indicator. You are dead, you stay dead and it' s all over. It' s kinda hard to explain but i understand why this is not going to happen.

18 minutes ago, CRE4MPIE said:

Comparing arcade game with eft?

If you can use programas to stream i don't understand that argument. Probably is more work for the developers, I understand that, i like the proposal but improving the content and fight against cheaters for my is more important. 

7 minutes ago, punisherlinux said:

If you can use programas to stream i don't understand that argument. Probably is more work for the developers, I understand that, i like the proposal but improving the content and fight against cheaters for my is more important. 

Streaming services generally have at least a few seconds of delay, even using beam/mixer/FTL, and a slight degradation in visual quality. Totally useful for walking your noob buddy through to extract or getting to tag along and watch the rest of the raid, but just far enough behind that you're irrelevant in gunfights, which is how it should be.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

It's not because there is a problem with that system, it' s because of the game it self. EFT is hardcore, realistic and very intense. Games like dayz and EFT give you next to no tools or indicator. You are dead, you stay dead and it' s all over. It' s kinda hard to explain but i understand why this is not going to happen.

It's NOT hardcore or realistic in every aspect - Look at using Medikits e.g. - you click a button and the affect applies without any animation or hindrance to your movement or aiming ? So perhaps a balance must be struck.

Same for freelook - the current implementation is NOT realistic at all ...

24 minutes ago, sYs said:

Comparing arcade game with eft?

You're completely missing the discussion here  - read from the top perhaps <3

17 minutes ago, punisherlinux said:

Sure so EVERYONE on my squad needs to stream - hampering their system performance even more ? that makes very little sense in the greater scheme of things imo.

1 hour ago, CRE4MPIE said:

CP out

Maybe add a few second delay to prevent people from using spectator mode to give their friend a tactical advantage 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kiiak said:

Maybe add a few second delay to prevent people from using spectator mode to give their friend a tactical advantage 

First constructive reply ! Thank you ! That's a brilliant idea <3

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

I agree with both sides

Just now, CRE4MPIE said:

First constructive reply ! Thank you ! That's a brilliant idea <3

• A constructive reply is a reply made with both arguments and ideas. It's not a reply of someone who agrees with you.
  • Use the search feature at the top of the forum, this has already been talked about serveral times
  • This system does not fit a realistic and immersive game with no hud and no indicator what so ever
  • Animation for mags and meds are coming as stated multiple times and by multiple videos from the devs.

9 minutes ago, CRE4MPIE said:

It's NOT hardcore or realistic in every aspect - Look at using Medikits e.g. - you click a button and the affect applies without any animation or hindrance to your movement or aiming ? So perhaps a balance must be struck.

[...]

The argument starts to sound a little disingenuous when you pick a currently flawed mechanic that is going to be massively reworked as a basis to add other features...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CRE4MPIE said:

Same for freelook - the current implementation is NOT realistic at all ...

You're completely missing the discussion here  - read from the top perhaps <3

*gentle facepalm*

• Like 1

Look ppl.... I really dont think we need something like this... it would not fit in with the rest of the game and it seems mostly unnecessary as it would just bring out more advantages to group players and nothing else... I mean is it that "frustrating" to wait for your teammates to finish the raid? Sounds like a first world problem lol...... i guess you thought about it sometimes that it would be convenient to see what your team mates are seeing bc you died early or got unlucky... but just because its convenient/good to have does not really make it a worthwhile feature.

• Like 1

No.  It can and will be used as an advantage in game.  If you want to do something while you are dead, join a scavenger run.  Do a hatchet run, do an offline against AI.  Go outside and see the sun.  Though I would never do the last one...