Sign in to follow this  
encat

Scopes & FOV zoom

encat

Been having great fun with this great game so far!
One of the things I'm feeling is a bit wonky though is the amount your FOV zooms in when using a scope.
Things get ridiculous when you're aiming down scopes in tarkov. While iron sights also increase your character's FOV - it's much more subtle.
If the goal was to cover the screen with the scope - one suggestion is to bring the scope closer to the eyes instead of zooming in on it!

I really love how Tarkov does differentiate the magnification that's visible when looking through the scope vs outside of it! Lots of games just have the entire view zoomed in (rest blacked out).

What do you other guys think? Is only bothering me? x)

2018-02-16[11-49]_29.7, 6.7, -117.0_0.0, -0.4, 0.0, 0.9 (0).png

2018-02-16[11-49]_29.8, 6.7, -116.9_0.0, -0.3, 0.0, 1.0 (0).png

2018-02-16[11-49]_29.8, 6.7, -116.9_0.0, -0.4, 0.0, 0.9 (0).png

2018-02-16[11-49]_29.7, 6.7, -117.0_0.0, -0.4, 0.0, 0.9 (0).png

Edited by encat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SirGaara

This is also bothering me, I wanted to make a topic about this. Then i used the search function and i saw you already did. Sadly no one ever gave you a reply.

However yes. I think the 'zoom' outside of the scope should not be affected at all. Now you can smuggle a little by using the extra zoom on both sides of the screen to keep a better look on your corners. 

I think the zooming should happen ONLY in the scope and not arround. This would add to the realism of the gameplay but also make the scope look better

Pr8Dator

Maybe its to simulate the tunnel vision you get when you stare down a scope?

macpharlan

How do you get the full scope view like you have, are you using the FOV setting? I picked up a 1-x scope and the scope is far from my eye and has just a small visible area, its very weird, it is like i am looking through the scope from a foot away.

Cliffo_o86

At first release it was the way you want it... Look at YouTubers first uploads from years ago at first release.... The devs changed it to suit a twitch/arcade shooter like cod and bf... I dont like the way it is now and want the old zoom style back... 

stAKato

Isn't it a way to overcome fps drop when zooming? (picture in picture problem)