NefariousCuck

Does anyone have any tips for a new player that you dont commonly see in videos?

NefariousCuck

I've been getting into Escape from Tarkov and I'm ok at it. I win 1v1's 90% of the time but most of the time I am not that lucky. I keep getting cuck'd by duo's trio's and squad's. I have watched a lot of tips but I was wondering if anyone had any tips you don't see in videos. Sorta anecdotal but tested a lot by you please!

Gruntt

Have patience and wait for the right moment to strike and be prepared to leg it, Have a concealed out or escape route planned it only takes one RNG shot (Or an inconveniant Scav to turn up)to change an advantage and back foot you.:uhappy: Plus keep enjoying and love the loss of gear.

Edited by Gruntt

Deucey

Use nades to concuss/kill someone when breaching a room. 

Get use to using the AK74 because its the cheapest/best AR in the game.  

Learn to aim center mass unless someone is heavily armored, Then shoot for the legs!

UmbrellaCorp

My HUGE tip would be!!! Be very visual always be stopping listening and watching squads REALLY stick out and usually they are VERY cocky out in the open jumping around all kinds of dumb stuff SOOO what I do personally is I wait and take one out THEN RUN run like hell re position always run and reposition the games about time and patience squads want to save there friends gear camp the body 

• Like 1

kecorrigan

there are no tips, this game is bugged to all hell, you'll die of desync and armor glitches and theres nothing u can do about it bud, wait till they fix their game then play.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Xenomorph0352

I think patience is key, aside from all the aforementioned strategies given above. Don't make the first mistake, killed a team of two last night, and like others said, the second one was just camping the body, I had to move around to get a sight-line on him then popped him in the head.

neur0tix

There is a lot of gameplay tips I could give, but from what you said your biggest problem is pretty obvious. Dont play alone, find some friends. Get in a discord.

NefariousCuck

Thank you for all the help! I will try to apply these when I play, especially breaching and repositioning. I did not do that a whole lot.

530skeptic

Run factory with your scav every time to quickly get into combat and get a feel for it without risking your items. Play the woods map as your PMC and immediately find a place to hunker down; tall grass or bushes. You're gonna wanna bring a water with you. Then, alt tab for 20 minutes and do something else. With 17-20 minutes left in the raid, there will almost certainly be no further PMCs and you'll have the whole map to yourself to practice on scavs, and a good deal of corpses to pick clean like a vulture. :D

Jimpson

as neur0tix mentioned, your biggest problem is that you're alone trying to take on 2-5 guys. It's not ideal and you will most likely run into more and more groups of players now that so many people play in discord communitys. So if you want to stand a chanse I would suggest either joining a clan or a community discord to play with others, or stay hidden as soon as you see a group of players (boring choice) :D 

Chouette

On topic, streamers are pretty cocky and seem invicible. Worst advice ever :D

Best advice you don't see on youtube: do the opposite of what streamers do. Hide, wait, strike only at advantage, run away. Guerrilla tactics!

Edited by Chouette

HumaDracobane

The main tip I can give you and a secondary tip :

- You're going to die A LOT of times, realize that. It's part of the game's learning curve.

- Don't be afraid of use that top tier gear that you have and don't be afraid to lose it. You're going to lose ALL your gear, but it could be using it and having fun or on your stash when the wipe comes, your choice.

Edited by HumaDracobane

Malfoy

Simple:

Become a man who's the best! With guns, with knives, with his bare hands! A man who's been trained to ignore pain! To ignore weather! To live off the land! To eat things that would make a billy goat puke!

ShankStick

I have quite a bit of experience with solo play. Here's what I do:

1. Loadout is critical for solo raids.

- Assault Rifle (primary)
-Sniper Rifle (secondary)
-Pistol (tertiary)
-Light or heavy armor
- Minimum 2 mags for primary
-Minimum 2 mags for secondary
-Fill single slots in vest with pistol mags
-Fill at least two pockets with frags
-Back pack optional, as you can steal one off a kill later.

2. First 5 minutes in raid.

-Find a common lane or bottle neck on the map.
-Pick a spot with far sight lines.
-Have at least three concealed egress points.

3. Stalk your prey.

It's very tempting to pick off the first moving target you see out in the open. This is a mistake. When I play in groups, we always rotate being the bait. If you fall for it, odds are you'll be located quickly. If you want that first kill, don't count on looting that body. Instead, wait it out. See if you can spot any teammates on his flanks. If you see at least one teammate, try and take him out first. If the guy in concealment dies before the guy in the open, you're going to throw them off. Wait a few minutes after each kill, or taking out a group before approaching for loot.

4. Be mindful of the clock.

The easiest way to get rekt is to forget about raid time and find yourself rushing to an exit, only to run out of time or get picked off in a panic sprint. The two best ways to lose your poo in the game. Exit camping might be a pain in the ass to deal with, but it's a viable strategy. Be mindful of your exits, and where people may be camping. If you leave yourself plenty of time to exit, you can scope it out thoroughly.

5. Remember those frags?

In the event you find yourself made (spotted), those frags are your hail Mary. You have a few options.
- Try to toss them at the enemy for a kill or a panicked withdrawal.
- Toss them off in a predetermined direction to cause a distraction while you egress.
- Wait out the suppressing fire and as they approach, drop a nade and egress.
- If you're totally boned, drop one at your feet and yell, "I regret nothing!"

Hopefully these help you out. I know I have more, but I can't think of them all as they're usually situation or map-specific.

Edited by ShankStick

WaveForm

Sounds like sound advice Shank......though I have yet to play the game. Would like to try a trial before I buy. Already bought 2 games that I ended up not liking.