Sign in to follow this  
Yngvaerr

Squad "issues"

Yngvaerr

Hi,

Lately I've been running a lot into 4-man squads when playing solo or in a team of 2.

They often camp building exits, spawn points for specific Trader Tasks and the exfiltration points.

Is there any mechanic planned to balance out the discrepancy between solo and team play?

Perhaps dropping squads into a separate raid depending on squad size (teams of 3-5 players), and the same for solo players (1-2 players)?

Might give them more of a surviving chance.

I understand that this might go against the "hardcore" aspect of the game, but being mowed down by automatic fire from a 4-man team time and time again is not fun either.

(Especially when these people are wearing the heaviest armor in the game, and they're camping a drop/spawn site for a task you need/ want to complete)

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

MrDooks

This has been raised before and it was advised that it won’t change. You are encouraged to play as a squad to increase your chance of survival. They are ways to beat squads and sometimes the best way is to avoid them. If you are alone and under geared you would be mad to go head-2-head with the squads. Wait them out. Go the long way to your objective. Cause a diversion to draw them away.

Yngvaerr

Kinda hard to wait them out when they camp the extraction point the whole match.

punisherlinux

You have more exists than one, if they are camping, move to other extraction point if you want to avoid them. You can wipe a squad but you have to be smart to do it, try diferent strategies. I always fire and change my position, also retreat to other place and wait in their way to waste their number.

FLP

it has already been announced by devs that there is no intention of separating the queues for solo and squad.