Vodor

Insurance not returning weapons

Vodor

Sorry I’m on a mobile device so difficult to search the forums with my fat fingers!

Has anyone else noticed a lack of weapons being returned from insurance the last few weeks?

I am throwing my mates weapons into really obscure places so no one finds them and the insurance brings them back, and yet they never seem to return. Everything else does.

Only time they do seem to return is if I throw them into water where the player can’t go.

Just curious.

Ta

V

Cypherdrene

To be honest, no... most of my insurance makes it's way back to me, even modded weapons.

SADO

yes i have in fact noticed 3 or so times where it would have had to a the most miraculous find ever for a guy to have found where my buds threw my gear. First time i thought , ah well some dude just happened to be waiting and watching where my friends threw my gear ( i do that when i am a scav too) but the last few time got me thinking something might be wrong with insurance.

siNr

HACKERS STOLE YOUR GEAR!!!!

BS a side, you were probably just unlucky, someone stumbled across it, either by watching it being dumped, knowing spots to keep an eye our for, or pure luck. Everything insured gets back to you if it isn't looted or at least I haven't encountered any problems. I've gotten almost all modded aks/akms back, even at times when I was sure to be looted.

Vodor

I thought I was just unlucky, but this is what I’ve noticed for quite a while which is why I got suspicious.

i know the weapons are the most valuable item so most likely to be taken too. Oh well cheers !

LunaTerra

Are you throwing the gear far away from your friend's body? Scav players could be scouring every bush around the body hoping you didn't put their gear too far away. 

georgeadam

Sounds lame, but on the scav runs, when i find a player body, i go have a look in the nearby bushes. It's fairly rewarding. 

Vodor
13 hours ago, georgeadam said:

Sounds lame, but on the scav runs, when i find a player body, i go have a look in the nearby bushes. It's fairly rewarding. 

Maybe this is it, I don’t know why I didn’t think of it!

cepheid46e2

New to the game but nothing I insure gets returned to me. I have insured everything in my inventory multiple times and it is never returned. But my money is gone.......

RidgeR5

Insurance only returns stuff that wasn't taken out of raid by someone else. But I've noticed a lack of stuff coming back lately. Garbage gear that I use intentionally with the hope of getting it back. .366 AKs, Scav vests, etc. I don't know if all the newer players coming in are so desperate for loot, or don't know there is better stuff out there, are taking it out.

Zetsou
On 2/20/2018 at 5:33 AM, siNr said:

HACKERS STOLE YOUR GEAR!!!!

BS a side, you were probably just unlucky, someone stumbled across it, either by watching it being dumped, knowing spots to keep an eye our for, or pure luck. Everything insured gets back to you if it isn't looted or at least I haven't encountered any problems. I've gotten almost all modded aks/akms back, even at times when I was sure to be looted.

This is 100% the case. Just unlucky, M8!

15 minutes ago, RidgeR5 said:

Insurance only returns stuff that wasn't taken out of raid by someone else. But I've noticed a lack of stuff coming back lately. Garbage gear that I use intentionally with the hope of getting it back. .366 AKs, Scav vests, etc. I don't know if all the newer players coming in are so desperate for loot, or don't know there is better stuff out there, are taking it out.

I grabbed everything my first 10 or so levels haha

RidgeR5

My buddy got the game a few weeks ago and it was painful to see him grabbing things like wooden AK stocks and empty pistol mags, then saying he was all full up, and exfilling. His stash was full of just random garbage. We spent almost an hour working together to clean out his stash in a way that made him the most money lol.

Zoanthid

I have had some truly stunning finds behind gas station on customs. Usually after they take out the boss scavs and rashala they dump some of their gear to pick up  the guards loot and armor.