tango90

Flashdrive

tango90

Hi!

Sorry if I post this in wrong section.

Ive been running hatchet runds on Woods 15 times now(!!!!!!!!!!!!) looking for that  flashdrive.... Ive been in both night and daytime. And I spawn at the old house and run straight to the tent where the flashdrive spawns, but ITS NEVER THERE!!!! How is it possible that someone is there picking it up before me? Stamina is so good I run straight up there. But nothing!!

Any clues???? Im so pissed off now Im about to punch my screen in half!

EDIT: Its the Skier mission where I have to retrieve 2 flashdrives.

LunaTerra

It has a pretty low chance of spawning, but it has a higher chance of spawning day time I believe. Try spamming it day time and just try to optimize your pathing there. 

JJamie

i just completed this - what i'd do is run to the camp and if there wasn't a flashdrive there (sometimes i know i wasn't first there) i'd run along the lake and get to the sunken van. i heard and have seen it can spawn in its suitcase too. if none there then i'd try to kill a scav and see what i can do.

i always did night raids. day its too easy to get sprayed down by other people spawning there, and from scavs. i got my two and it took me about 2 hours to get them. i also had some really good runs where i'd kill a scav, get a gun, kill a player and get out with some gear and stuff. was pretty fun.

Cynep

it also spawns under a guitar by the tent near 2 story dorm on customs... found it twice over weekend as a scav there

SpineyNorman

Seems super random...25 straight runs no drives, then found them 2 runs in a row. Just a grind I guess. But I can't turn around without tripping over these ducking gas analyzers...go figure

Edited by SpineyNorman

JJamie

ha. i just got my final gas analyser. things took forever.

tango90
9 hours ago, akagraffiti said:

Woods by campsite

Yeah I know. Did 23 runs yesterday looking for it, and found nada granada.  So Ill try what JJamie said above, check the minivan by the lake.

JJamie
38 minutes ago, tango90 said:

Yeah I know. Did 23 runs yesterday looking for it, and found nada granada.  So Ill try what JJamie said above, check the minivan by the lake.

do both - always check the campsite first.

i ended up getting all my flashdrives from there, none from the van, i just heard that the van could spawn it

qS_Sachiel

go to woods, spawn hut. rush the campsite near the lumberyard. The USB will be in the mouth of the tent (facing lake) on top of a bunch of clothes. If it's not there, try to kill some scavs and rinse, repeat.

Vodor

They know where it is, it’s just never there.

I found there is always someone spawning next to that campsite down by the water and they always go get it. I spawned there a couple of times and had one in seconds.

tango90

Im so close giving up this crap.... I never find it!!! 

zahvey

I have 6 for sale, zahvey ingame, zahvey#6670 on discord. 

I should add I got em all from Fence. 

Edited by zahvey

tango90
13 hours ago, zahvey said:

I have 6 for sale, zahvey ingame, zahvey#6670 on discord. 

I should add I got em all from Fence. 

I tried Fence, but they sell fast as Dont stand a chance buying them from Fence.

And there is no trading atm in game...If I meet you, and you put them in a crate, I cant see them :(

tango90

UPDATE: I finally found the flashdrives at round 42 and 43.....It took me 43 rounds to get them...

I ran last 10 raids at night, and I would only find them when I spawned closest, just below the tent at the water. Didnt think that MUCH people were doin this mission.

• Upvote 1

MrDooks
2 hours ago, tango90 said:

Didnt think that MUCH people were doin this mission.

It’s a massive choke point in the missions and the only real place to quickly farm the item. Every player will have to go through there if they want to progress the traders. Hopefully in release it’s more random and not just one or two places to find items like this. 

• Upvote 2

Vodor

I found 5 cans of been in 2 raids after spending all of last weekend trying to find them. Only after I didn't need them did they appear.

And another 5 gas analysers haha.

rhoninsk

Try reddit discord trading if you are really struggling, I feel it expands the Tarkov experience. Btw now they go for 25-50k RUB.

Jerxk

I hated that quest so much, it's just a race of whoever gets the best spawn and who gets to the tent first. I think it would make much more sense if they spawned in/near computers on  various maps, not on some random tents in the woods, and it would make the grind for the quest much less of a annoyance.

• Like 1

Phoenixsui

I did it daytime. I got them 2 times in a row as soon as i had the closest spawn where you only run like 15 seconds directly near the camp at seaside. All other spawns = bad luck. Fence is selling it also a lot lately. Good Luck.

FuryAlot
On 20. 2. 2018 at 4:42 PM, tango90 said:

I tried Fence, but they sell fast as Dont stand a chance buying them from Fence.

And there is no trading atm in game...If I meet you, and you put them in a crate, I cant see them :(

You dont need containers to trade, put them inside backpack and unequip or just throw them on the ground...

bUm805

If anyone still needs flash drives, I have ten i'd happily donate to help people finish their quest :)

iRaptrz92

If you have the customs office key, sometimes there's a flashdrive sticking out of the PC's in the office with the safe.
It's not in the PC's storage but sticking out of the front panel.

Not sure if it's the same for PC's at other locations.

I just found out today, boy do I wish I knew this when I started Skier's quest.
Could've saved me a lot of Woods runs... ¬¬

tango90
3 minutes ago, iRaptrz92 said:

If you have the customs office key, sometimes there's a flashdrive sticking out of the PC's in the office with the safe.

Yeah, I was supposed to say that, but the moderators banned me for 3 days just for this post. I dont know why.

Kopiogao
On 24/02/2018 at 8:16 PM, iRaptrz92 said:

Thanks for sharing this, need more flash drives to exchange for M4s :P