Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LordTyrellz

Melee Weapons

Recommended Posts

LordTyrellz

I think that we should have something to go to when our bullets have run out of ammo,Maybe a knife taped to the front of our weapon? Or used in place of secondary? I think this would be nice, finding a baseball bat and a pack of nails and making it into a sturdy weapon. Or fire hatchets, Hammers? Maybe even different varieties of knives similar to Counter Strike?

For Example:

M9 Bayonet, or Karambit? When you first spawn in i think that if this were to be added it would add to the challenge of attempting to be a ninja and take out a guy without alarming a nearby group? Maybe even sneaking up on a group of guys that don't have night vision when you do? Please Consider this :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Europoor
2 minutes ago, LordTyrellz said:

I think that we should have something to go to when our bullets have run out of ammo,Maybe a knife taped to the front of our weapon? Or used in place of secondary? I think this would be nice, finding a baseball bat and a pack of nails and making it into a sturdy weapon. Or fire hatchets, Hammers? Maybe even different varieties of knives similar to Counter Strike?

For Example:

M9 Bayonet, or Karambit? When you first spawn in i think that if this were to be added it would add to the challenge of attempting to be a ninja and take out a guy without alarming a nearby group? Maybe even sneaking up on a group of guys that don't have night vision when you do? Please Consider this :P

Read the replies in the forum :) 

There will be no bayonets most probably ingame.

There will be a big variety of meelee weapons, which will be introduced later, just be patient :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordTyrellz

Sounds good! Thanks for this reply! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HairyGrenade

Do we know what type of weapons yet? and When we will see them in action?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayaku
2 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

Do we know what type of weapons yet? and When we will see them in action?

When they told us the closed alpha test date they also said that they would do multiple streams to show new stuff. Let's hope melee combat is gonna be one of those things :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StahlHund

I think in the stream they talked about the elite level of the melee skill causing the target to bleed with every hit as well as giving the ability to insta kill like the gameplay bid. So with the ballistic system allowing more damage for hitting major areas/organs of the body, I wonder if we will be able to hit the bronchial arteries in the arms or the femoral arteries in the legs for dangerous levels of bleeding. Since these arteries are located towards the inside of the body I was thinking you would have to attack from the front or rear.

I also hope heavy melee weapons like the tomahawk deal extra damage to bones/limbs since chop wounds can be pretty severe if behind enough force, and can damage a good portion of the bone underneath the struck area leaving long grooves/cuts in the bone. I also think they mentioned possibly adding a trench shovel and that would have a similar wound with less bleeding and more crushing damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kwahamot
5 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

Do we know what type of weapons yet? and When we will see them in action?

Do you mean just melee weapons or others as well? 

I assume you mean melee weapons since that is the subject of this topic. We know for sure that we will have a standard knife and a Tomahawk which is obtained by getting the Edge of Darkness edition of the game. (Please note: Tomahawks are lootable from Edge of Darkness players as long as they have the item on them when killed).

Quote

Beside knife and the tomahawk, will there be any other melee weapons in the game, and, maybe, even a trenching spade? 

There will be several types of knives, and maybe a trench spade as well.

Quote from the FAQ.

I would like to see some animations (If any) when using melee combat. I don't believe we have seen any kind of in-game footage of this as of yet. Get all sneakybeaky like.

Edited by Kwahamot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalino
3 hours ago, Kwahamot said:

Do you mean just melee weapons or others as well? 

I assume you mean melee weapons since that is the subject of this topic. We know for sure that we will have a standard knife and a Tomahawk which is obtained by getting the Edge of Darkness edition of the game. (Please note: Tomahawks are lootable from Edge of Darkness players as long as they have the item on them when killed).

Quote from the FAQ.

I would like to see some animations (If any) when using melee combat. I don't believe we have seen any kind of in-game footage of this as of yet. Get all sneakybeaky like.

Actually there is one. In one of the first game play Videos. Here let me link you guys.

 

You can see a Melee kill at 3:44 ish.

 

Enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dragonslayer6160
4 hours ago, Kwahamot said:

Beside knife and the tomahawk

Man, I was just about to ask about tomahawks! Didn't know that was done already. Anyway, here's a demo of fighting with tomahawk by Tu Lam. For those of you not in the know, he was in the unit.

While we are at it, I'd also like to see some ringblade or tanto like the ones in these two videos from RT. Would be very cool to have for "up close and personal" situation.

 

Feast your eyes. I'm giving y'all the pearls here. B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kwahamot
6 hours ago, Natalino said:

Actually there is one. In one of the first game play Videos. Here let me link you guys.

 

You can see a Melee kill at 3:44 ish.

 

Enjoy

Mhm...

Not sure if this is the actual way the melee is going to work. I would assume so since it was shown within a video. Makes me a bit worried since Battlefield has the same thing. Is it just going to be a 1 hit kill from behind animation with a melee weapon or will a animation happen after the person has lost quite a bit of health... like a finishing move. 

Wait and see in August :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalino
1 hour ago, Kwahamot said:

Mhm...

Not sure if this is the actual way the melee is going to work. I would assume so since it was shown within a video. Makes me a bit worried since Battlefield has the same thing. Is it just going to be a 1 hit kill from behind animation with a melee weapon or will a animation happen after the person has lost quite a bit of health... like a finishing move. 

Wait and see in August :)

I mean would that not make it a bit not realistic. Anyone with any good shape can die that kind of take down so maybe it might be. But again thats all we have for now and we just got to wait and see. But there could be both surviving it with a bad wound or instant death in my view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cKy

like people says there will be melee , those we know off are the tomahawk for now.. knife no one know the kind of it..

and I hope there will be no cs bullshit in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2