The master of clothing wants answers

ivantherussian

ivantherussian

So in the new weapon customization video, u can clearly see that the pmc operator has different clothing than any of the current ones in the alpha, could @Blackb1rd our new lord, answer this for me.

Are we going to be able to select different clothing options for the current PMC that we choose?

watch?v=9xFAXT1OhLU

Blackb1rd
18 часов назад, ivantherussian сказал:

So in the new weapon customization video, u can clearly see that the pmc operator has different clothing than any of the current ones in the alpha, could @Blackb1rd our new lord, answer this for me.

Are we going to be able to select different clothing options for the current PMC that we choose?

watch?v=9xFAXT1OhLU

This question is in the design stage. We're considering whether to add the possibility of putting on camouflage to character or not.

ivantherussian
1 hour ago, Blackb1rd said:

This question is in the design stage. We're considerin whether to add the possibility of putting on camouflage to character or not.

well, not just camos, like different shirts, coats, pants etc..

CptBluemax

@Blackb1rd

Yeah this is interesting actually , a long the lines of positive ID.

Will the operators no matter what clothing/armour/rig etc , have SOME kind of BEAR/USEC indentification marking on at a minimum , and could you be , really , really overly BEAR with it plastered on both arms and front/back of your rig/armour?

Been wondering about this for a while.

Maybe what they mean buy the camo thing is a there IS a set of underlying clothes for USEC/BEAR no matter what , but you can change the colour/pattern of them?

Edited by CptBluemax
ivantherussian

we all want to know this, its going to be a letdown if we cant select between a few clothing options for our current PMC faction. Because if we all look the same imo its inmersion breaking, and since this game is a hardcore game, inmersion is a pretty big deal, im not talking about dayz lvl of clothing, but like maybe MOH warfigther where u could choose your clothing options, or go ahead and make everything customizable.

I can recall tarkovescaper saying that they wanted to improve this system by a lot, and making it pretty extense.

@Blackb1rd

22 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

I think we will, but it will be limited. It was already confrimed we will have head, torso and legs options for our characters, the new video suggests we might get even more rugged pieces of clothing, although I think that willl be (and should be) only the case of playing as a Scav.

My opinion is we will get maybe 5 head models, 3 torso models and 3 leg models (per faction) + cca 10 color/camo variations for each model.

I also like to customise my character, for some odd reason it makes me somewhat more comfortable when playing...

ivantherussian
2 hours ago, Danymal said:

I think we will, but it will be limited. It was already confrimed we will have head, torso and legs options for our characters, the new video suggests we might get even more rugged pieces of clothing, although I think that willl be (and should be) only the case of playing as a Scav.

My opinion is we will get maybe 5 head models, 3 torso models and 3 leg models (per faction) + cca 10 color/camo variations for each model.

I also like to customise my character, for some odd reason it makes me somewhat more comfortable when playing...

Or maybe 5 options for legs,torso and heads for pmcs too, but they should be really caracteristic and may be recongnizable from each faction...

12 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

Or maybe 5 options for legs,torso and heads for pmcs too, but they should be really caracteristic and may be recongnizable from each faction...

I'd say, the more we will have the happier I am :D yeah, we should be able to tell factions apart even with the options we will have

ivantherussian
3 hours ago, Danymal said:

I'd say, the more we will have the happier I am :D yeah, we should be able to tell factions apart even with the options we will have

Amen brother

johncage213
On 9/6/2016 at 4:55 PM, ivantherussian said:

maybe, but i want my answer god damn it.

it's really simple. gorka only for russians. west forces get their ugly marpat bdu and various other bdu that look like gym shirt:

Airsoft-combat-uniform-Emerson-font-b-BD

but funny thing, current west force in the game looks better than bear force. maybe bear force can get real boots like these so look less silly:

rim6b.jpg

ivantherussian
10 hours ago, johncage213 said:

it's really simple. gorka only for russians. west forces get their ugly marpat bdu and various other bdu that look like gym shirt:

Airsoft-combat-uniform-Emerson-font-b-BD

but funny thing, current west force in the game looks better than bear force. maybe bear force can get real boots like these so look less silly:

rim6b.jpg

yooo marpat is awesome, screw you BEAR operator, USEC FTW

• 1 month later...

I recommend seeing different colored armbands that you can place on your left/right/both arms that you can use to identify your clan in combat.

Also, gorkas.

also, K6-3 helmets w/ visors.

Edited by Tactician
  • 8 months later...
Am 16.11.2016 um 07:00 schrieb Tactician:

I recommend seeing different colored armbands that you can place on your left/right/both arms that you can use to identify your clan in combat.

Also, gorkas.

also, K6-3 helmets w/ visors.

Yes i had the same idea. I would even think a step further.... how about small 16 x 64 pixel large GIFs or PNG you can import as a clan or group (maybe some kind of similar mechanic as in Counter strike with sprays) you can "print" on your armband fo an extra fee. this would be realistic, so it fits the hardcore feeling of EFT.

+ Having a customizable head, skin color and hairdress would help a lot recognizing your friends ingame

i think it it dumb that you cannot recognize a person. even with voicechat (TS/discord) there are many teamkills because of the lack of recognition and misunderstandings

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 3:18 AM, Alestello said:

Yes i had the same idea. I would even think a step further.... how about small 16 x 64 pixel large GIFs or PNG you can import as a clan or group (maybe some kind of similar mechanic as in Counter strike with sprays) you can "print" on your armband fo an extra fee. this would be realistic, so it fits the hardcore feeling of EFT.

+ Having a customizable head, skin color and hairdress would help a lot recognizing your friends ingame

i think it it dumb that you cannot recognize a person. even with voicechat (TS/discord) there are many teamkills because of the lack of recognition and misunderstandings

Unit patches would be cool, as opposed to having it on the armband (still cool though), and character customization, as long as you couldn't make your character goofy or ridiculous.