necuja

EFT Ammo table

kurgyn

I really don't understand the entire column for 5.56 Mk.255. I feel like it doesn't correlate real life specs at all. It outperforms tungsten-cored M995 in penetration and is far LESS likely to fragment? That is completely backwards. Mk. 255 should have huge fragment chance and little to no penetration.

Perhaps this is why it is dubbed "questionable boi" in the table?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Pretzel

Looks great!

i wonder if this damage chart is going to change when you guys add the FAL variant

Boomcat

so the TT ammo got buffed i see ??? Saw Kotton last night using the hunting rounds.. he got poo on xD but i can see those are crap.. and the 762x25tt_Pst_gzh is the one to go for :D thx for this nice spreadsheets

• Hot 1

SonicK

it is a nice idea but with this list the ammo will be sold out much faster then before..

i dont know if i ever saw any bs ammo in the shop.i only lootet it from dead bodys

Edited by SonicK

Lucasrank

I wish you could see this stuff in game. But for now this still helps a lot.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Boomcat

ok can confirm... TT still sux balls... 1 hit - 1 dmg... 

Starlight
18 hours ago, kurgyn said:

I really don't understand the entire column for 5.56 Mk.255. I feel like it doesn't correlate real life specs at all. It outperforms tungsten-cored M995 in penetration and is far LESS likely to fragment? That is completely backwards. Mk. 255 should have huge fragment chance and little to no penetration.

Perhaps this is why it is dubbed "questionable boi" in the table?

This. Cannot for the life of me understand why the Mk 255 stats are so wrong - the PRS rounds seem just about correct. Also cannot understand why the 5.56 family is so screwed up for penetration values, both internally and compared to the 5.45 values. I mean, seriously, the 5.45x39mm 7N6 (PS) has the same penetration performance as the M855A1?? And the same thing between the M995 and the 5.45 BS round - they're both tungsten-cored, but the BS has 15% higher penetration despite being significantly slower..?

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 4

gunscount

Excuse me。I want to know what is(usefulness meta value)and (meta value w frag chance)?

I'm sorry I can't understand what they mean.

Kopiogao

Thanks for the updates. Would appreciate if someone can explain what does the meta value mean, thanks!

kurgyn
7 hours ago, Starlight said:

This. Cannot for the life of me understand why the Mk 255 stats are so wrong - the PRS rounds seem just about correct. Also cannot understand why the 5.56 family is so screwed up for penetration values, both internally and compared to the 5.45 values. I mean, seriously, the 5.45x39mm 7N6 (PS) has the same penetration performance as the M855A1?? And the same thing between the M995 and the 5.45 BS round - they're both tungsten-cored, but the BS has 15% higher penetration despite being significantly slower..?

They just nerfed Mk. 255- much to my disappointment. Their tables could have simply been switched; instead both are inferior to 5.45 rounds now. I really hope they are planning to buff M995 soon. Right now, everything is still screwed up: Mk.255 has almost ZERO fragment chance (what?! Frangible rounds that DON'T FRAGMENT?) and M995 has a ridiculously high fragment chance (since tungsten fragments all the time, right? [barring jacket material]). Meanwhile M995, going faster than almost every other round in the game, with a tungsten core penetrator, still has ridiculously subpar penetration chance.

M4 seems ridiculously unviable because of it's screwed ammo statistics IMO. Especially considering it's price/effectiveness ratio vs. AK family.

Edited by kurgyn
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

aleon93
12 minutes ago, kurgyn said:

They just nerfed Mk. 255- much to my disappointment. Their tables could have simply been switched; instead both are inferior to 5.45 rounds now. I really hope they are planning to buff M995 soon. Right now, everything is still screwed up: Mk.255 has almost ZERO fragment chance (what?! Frangible rounds that DON'T FRAGMENT?) and M995 has a ridiculously high fragment chance (since tungsten fragments all the time, right? [barring jacket material]). Meanwhile M995, going faster than almost every other round in the game, with a tungsten core penetrator, still has ridiculously subpar penetration chance.

M4 seems ridiculously unviable because of it's screwed ammo statistics IMO. Especially considering it's price/effectiveness ratio vs. AK family.

I'm sure with balancing all of these different rounds it can be time-consuming to slowly iron out all the issues, but you guys are doing the right thing bringing this to their attention so they can start to address it. 

• Like 1

eikotehmouse

Slugs need a buff for pen.... I don't expect plate armor pen unless you add a magnum ap slug. But, slugs should tear through 3m and paka far more easier then what they can do right now...Buck should tear kevlar armor to shreds before doing torso damage...

I also don't get how 7.62x39 ps ammo has high pen then 5.45 ,ps,prs,and pp. But, does far worse then using 5.45 prs ammo.

• Like 1

DrakeVanders

So if I'm reading this right why would I bother using 9x18mm PBM and PMM ammo when the starter BZT ammo has the same penetration that "Armor Peircing" cartridges have.

Snake120

MK 255 MOD 0 should have a higher base damage, and should also carry its damage farther than all 5.56 in game. I shoot black hills 77gr TMK which is the same bullet. its a perfect long range bullet choice for the M4/AR15. 

Laughing_Man

The stats don't make sense, ammo that should be good at pen. aren't, ammo that should be good at fragmentation aren't, slugs are still useless. 

RIght now there is always one type of ammo that is better than everything else, this should only be the case for rare ammo. Even then, you should choose between good pen. or good fragmentation, or a balance of both. 

5.56 should be way better at pen. than 5.45, since it's going way faster.

Lemik

Can someone explain fragmentation math wise? What damage buff chance are we talking about?