ev1lchris

Will the game eventually discourage users from Killing on Site

ev1lchris

So everyone in this game is pretty hostile.  This includes people in my same faction.

In the future will there be updates to strongly discourage killing on site?  Maybe just against fellow faction members?

It would be nice not to get killed so quickly by other players.

Ollelel
On 2/25/2018 at 8:15 AM, ev1lchris said:

So everyone in this game is pretty hostile.  This includes people in my same faction.

In the future will there be updates to strongly discourage killing on site?  Maybe just against fellow faction members?

Well this is another difference this game has from Dayz and similar games. Its a hardcore first person shooter. You kill or get killed. But i see what you mean. But still i dont think this is a direction this game is taking. The devs arent even sure if they are going to add voice chat. 

orion310591
On 2/25/2018 at 8:15 AM, ev1lchris said:

As far I am concerned, even when karma system is out, or scav punishing system when scav kill scav, I am killing every single player I meet... once in a while I will try to be friendly, but untill then, no friendly wiggle to me, it just makes me miss head shot :)

• Like 1
  • Cold 1

DangerRuss

This game really harnesses the harsh survival reality that is a post apocalyptic world. Resources are scarce and everything has value. Another player is simply a walking paycheck. And if they're all geared up or loaded with loot all the better, they've done the hard work for you. 

That was the problem with dayz. At first it was a novel idea, meeting random players and doing the friendly wiggle. But that got old and really, in a real life or death scenario, you can't trust someone just because they've "promised" not to kill you. So it becomes a dog eat dog world, you or them. Better them than me any day.

t4nk83

Wiggle wiggle wiggle....

...to me....

And I'll kill you.

DangerRuss
2 minutes ago, t4nk83 said:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle....

...to me....

And I'll kill you.

I like it when they dance for me before I kill them. 

orion310591

When things go SKRA...

Edited by orion310591

Helo229

I feel like the only solution to this problem is going to be turning off FF in groups and adding the ability to group with players in-game, either through a hot key or implementing a player list screen in your in-game menu. It's going to kill alot of the realism feel (ie, checking comms and ID'ing friendlies before pulling the trigger) but it's the only foolproof way to defeat blue falcons. 

Even if you implement some sort of karma system, players will still do it. You could maybe make the vendors faction specific and lockout purchases after a fratricide incident, or put a trade rate penalty on them, but even so players can always wait out those penalties with a stockpile of gear/looting. You'll also have griefers who will find it hilarious to team up with someone, shoot them with a PM once just so their former teammate will think they turned and waste them so that player will get a penalty. These griefers are also the reason it would be unbalanced and unfair to put lockout timers on your PMC char after fratricide, similar to the the way the reset on your Scav char works.

I try to be civil with other players when I can, but often times the complete lack of trust results in firefights. I've even tried working with hatchlings who I've caught rushing me, sparing their lives and letting them loot bodies, only to have them wait until I'm looting to murder me. 

Lillycookie
Am 27.2.2018 um 23:59 schrieb Ollelel:

Well this is another difference this game has from Dayz and similar games. Its a hardcore first person shooter. You kill or get killed. But i see what you mean. But still i dont think this is a direction this game is taking. The devs arent even sure if they are going to add voice chat. 

Stop claiming anything in this game is "hardcore". Things being poo and done lazily has nothing to do with hardcore. Inventory tetris isnt hardcore, patching yourself up after loosing limbs and stomach and head isnt hardcore. Having no voice isnt hardcore either, its just lazy. People can talk in real life (the hardcore version off virtual life), so why not in this game?

The fact that they have a group-function where you can search for people to join your group or join theirs but not having any form of communication ability isnt hardcore, its just stupid.

Xenomorph0352
6 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Hello everyone!

We know that you have been expecting the 2017 annual report from us, since we promised it. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), since the beginning of the year and to this moment, we are exclusively focused on development...

VoIP
The ability to communicate with voice in the raid, with positioning and range of hearing.

27 minutes ago, Lillycookie said:

The fact that they have a group-function where you can search for people to join your group or join theirs but not having any form of communication ability isnt hardcore, its just stupid.

Relax, it's planned.

Ollelel
On 2018-03-01 at 9:03 PM, Lillycookie said:

Stop claiming anything in this game is "hardcore". Things being poo and done lazily has nothing to do with hardcore. Inventory tetris isnt hardcore, patching yourself up after loosing limbs and stomach and head isnt hardcore. Having no voice isnt hardcore either, its just lazy. People can talk in real life (the hardcore version off virtual life), so why not in this game?

They are going to add voice chat IF u Look at the 2018 roadmap and also alot More features that will make the game even More realistic and hardcore