JaceBalavin

Playing as PMC, but with non hostile AI Scavs?

JaceBalavin

So just now, I ended a raid on Customs playing together with another PMC that I decided not to shoot on sight.

I started the match close to the Old Gas station and decided to head there. Came across 3 Scavs and killed them easily.

Then, another player (Hatchling) wanted to loot their bodies and tried to sneak behind me. I decided not to kill him.

We teamed up and headed towards Construction. More hostile Scavs showed up, but they were easily dealt with.

And then we saw 3 PMC BEARS (also hatchlings) run from Warehouse to Gas Containers. We decided not to shoot them.

We killed some more Scavs on the way to APC and Corner Shop. Nothing out of the norm happened.

After we went to go and see if the Marked Room wasn't already raided... which it sadly was, we came across non hostile Scavs.

We thought they were Player Scavs at first, but their movement was clearly just AI. Then one of them died for no reason. (probably bleeding?)

I decided to shoot my gun in the air and get their attention, but nothing happened. Sometimes they started running for no reason, but they didn't shoot us.

We got close enough to one where we could easily Hatchet them. And so my partner did. That was the only one left after the other one suddenly died.

We went back to the Old Gas station to see if more Scavs spawned in, but it was vacant.

I decided to leave the raid and headed towards RUAF Roadblock to exit. And that's about it.

Did this happen to anyone else? 

xmode

Since the recent patch I have had at least 2 scavs just stare at me rather than shoot. Its a welcome change from them legging me from behind cover from 500m away.. I know the scav AI is way down on the list of things that need to get looked at, but its on the list.

• Upvote 1

JaceBalavin
7 minutes ago, xmode said:

Since the recent patch I have had at least 2 scavs just stare at me rather than shoot. Its a welcome change from them legging me from behind cover from 500m away.. I know the scav AI is way down on the list of things that need to get looked at, but its on the list.

Yeah, the AI is all over the place in terms of difficulty. Sometimes, they can't aim for poo. Other times, they'll snipe you with a shotgun behind a bush. And they also have a chance to randomly walk past you if you're ducking.

I'm fine with it not being a top priority right now. This ''bug'' I experienced was 1 in 300 raids. So, not that common.

Dappercat85

sometimes scav follows me screaming and screaming.   He didnt shoot either. 

I killed him to shut him up. But! after death he was still screaming for 15 seconds before i shot him again.

Idk