Why Scavs 1 hit full gear players?

Hey,
I've been playing a lot of Facotry last 2 weeks almost every time i had 20-25 kills (pmcs+scavs). After the update I die more often to scavs than from players. I'm running full gear and I get 1 shot by shotgun scavs from the other end of the map. Not mentioning that they insta lock on u from behind the walls. What's the point of that? Are we sopoussed to get into raid kill 1 pmc and than run to exit becouse scaves will shred our forts faster than we can even see them? They also make a lot less noise now and system is putting way tooooooo much player scacv. For esxamle last round I had 5 pmc, 5 bots and 5 player scav ofc I died by 1 hit from shotgun wearing from+fast.
Thank God they don't throw nades anymore!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
LunaTerra

This could potentially be a case of the armor bug still? Not sure. What armor were you wearing? Some AK Scavs have one tapped me while wearing a kiver/kolpac 

3 hours ago, Rizzer said:

Hey,
I've been playing a lot of Facotry last 2 weeks almost every time i had 20-25 kills (pmcs+scavs). After the update I die more often to scavs than from players. I'm running full gear and I get 1 shot by shotgun scavs from the other end of the map. Not mentioning that they insta lock on u from behind the walls. What's the point of that? Are we sopoussed to get into raid kill 1 pmc and than run to exit becouse scaves will shred our forts faster than we can even see them? They also make a lot less noise now and system is putting way tooooooo much player scacv. For esxamle last round I had 5 pmc, 5 bots and 5 player scav ofc I died by 1 hit from shotgun wearing from+fast.
Thank God they don't throw nades anymore!

Totally understand your point.
I am also so sick of this poo you´re describing. Died too often from Scavs, one tapping me through fort with SKS or Shotgun.
Funniest part is if i kill the last player, about 8 Scavs spawn instantly, pressuring me so hard i can´t even loot for 15 seconds before i have to run to the exit. And almost everytime i kill a player and want to loot him, a scav player spawns directly in front of me, killing me in an instant. Quite a pain...
For me Scavs are much more threatening than full geared M4 players.

LunaTerra
27 minutes ago, Serandis said:

I am also so sick of this poo you´re describing. Died too often from Scavs, one tapping me through fort with SKS or Shotgun.
Funniest part is if i kill the last player, about 8 Scavs spawn instantly, pressuring me so hard i can´t even loot for 15 seconds before i have to run to the exit. And almost everytime i kill a player and want to loot him, a scav player spawns directly in front of me, killing me in an instant. Quite a pain...

Go into the commands and type into Fps 1 to show you a small menu in your upper right corner.

image.png.ab1081c366670ea3ae559ec5023bf586.png                                      

Where it says packets in is what you want. Each player/AI is worth about 2 packets. So Divide the number you see there by two, and you have an exact number of opponents left in the raid. This is super useful for factory, as it lets you double check if anyone else is still alive, or it will alert you to Scav spawns.

You can remove this menu by typing int Fps 0

Edited by MadMacks
1 hour ago, Vodor said:

How do you know this?

I was standing on the ramp watching 1 place. I was aimed and ready to fire. Suddenly Scav came from the corner and I couldn't even see his whole body and he 1 shoted me. Normaly no1 could see me there before scouting and it was a newly respaned scav becouse I cleared the spawn before. 

3 hours ago, Serandis said:

Totaly dude. Yesterday game spawned 13 scav in 2min time period I couldn't loot any person I killed. I had to run tot he exit coz scavs were shooting me from eveywhere. 
Also I noticed that the have now some kind of gps. Before that patch some scavs were roaming on the map, some where camping, now they kinda always go towards you pressing from all sides. 

PIG-Mathieu

Well first, it's not because scavs are AI that they need to be useless and free gear : Scavs are dangerous and because people know they are nothing more than a little computer, they start thinking they are above them. The problem is : Scavs are often using 7.62mm with SKS and AKs.

Even with a kiver, 7.62mm in you head is the end of the story. 3 of those rounds in your legs can kill you, especialy with the recent nerf the armors have gotten.

6 hours ago, Serandis said:

one tapping me through fort with SKS or Shotgun

No, .12ga are useless against armors. The real problem there IMO is your leg : Fort armors DOES NOT protect your legs, shotguns shells in a 0ed leg can kill you in 1 hit : Damages recieved in a 0ed part of your body are spread out on every other parts.

It is not because your stomach is at 20% after taking a SKS shot that the scav shot you across fort : It is very likely that he shot you in the leg and damaged your stomach because your legs got 0ed.

Edited by PIG-Mathieu
Phoenixsui

Armor classes and points changed a lot last 2 weeks. Kiver is only armor class 2 now and i think it was armor class 3 before?

New fort had only 45 Points yesterday and had 70 2 week ago if new.

9 hours ago, Rizzer said:

I was standing on the ramp watching 1 place. I was aimed and ready to fire. Suddenly Scav came from the corner and I couldn't even see his whole body and he 1 shoted me. Normaly no1 could see me there before scouting and it was a newly respaned scav becouse I cleared the spawn before. 

I always thought they locked on to the sounds they heard. I've silently killed their mates and watched them turn to where the scav yelled a bloody death, with their guns locked on that spot ready to shoot whatever they see.

16 hours ago, xmode said:

You must be getting the scavs i used to get then.. I've been having the opposite where they hardly even notice im there.. 

Same thing here, they are either completely oblivious to my existence or they aimbot me and insta kill me or 1 shot me with a shotgun

I find scavs very inconsistent after the latest patch.  Some can spot you and it might take ages before they react and shoot. Others just crouch in front of a wall and stare right at it. 

Then there is the occasional John Wick scavs that will instantly 1 shot you as soon as you see him. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dronegan said:

I find scavs very inconsistent after the latest patch.  Some can spot you and it might take ages before they react and shoot. Others just crouch in front of a wall and stare right at it. 

Then there is the occasional John Wick scavs that will instantly 1 shot you as soon as you see him. 

I have no problem with them being inconsistent. i think its at bit more realistic that some would be a good shots and some would be so scared they just freeze up, but i think I have an issue with the extremes this seems to go to (also i dont think its intended at the moment). 

Doesn't really matter to me though, scav AI it WAY down the list of things I'd like to see fixed.