Huge performance gap between offline online

TrepTheSnake

TrepTheSnake

Hello,

I'm new to the game and I have trouble having fun because of how the game is running in online mode. In offline mod i get a fluid 120 FPS without any problem and as soon as I enter online, performance will dramatically drops to 50-60 fps. The game lose its fluidity and feels sluggish. I know 50-60 fps seems to be acceptable but i swear, the game is not running like a 60 fps game :(. I understand that other players can be a stress on my machine but it seems too big of a drop. Here are my spec.

GTX1080ti

16 gb RAM

SSD hard drive

Now, I understand it is still a beta game and i'm not criticizing but i'd like to know if some of you are aware of this problem and could suggest me a potential solution. EFT seems to be an awesome game but it feels so sluggish (for me) during online play that I don't really feel like playing :(

Thank you!

Edited by TrepTheSnake

We are all aware of that problem too, single player does not only take some stress off your computer but removes lag, desync and related problems out of the equation. 

This issue, as said by developers, is very complex to fix. Sadly there’s no easy way out the problem but small fixes released by developers with each patch makes it more manageable. Don’t be disappointed, many friends would kill to have a computer like you to get more FPS in tarkov! Enjoy :begood:

Starlight
28 minutes ago, TrepTheSnake said:

Hello,

I'm new to the game and I have trouble having fun because of how the game is running in online mode. In offline mod i get a fluid 120 FPS without any problem and as soon as I enter online, performance will dramatically drops to 50-60 fps. The game lose its fluidity and feels sluggish. I know 50-60 fps seems to be acceptable but i swear, the game is not running like a 60 fps game :(. I understand that other players can be a stress on my machine but it seems too big of a drop. Here are my spec.

GTX1080ti

16 gb RAM

SSD hard drive

Now, I understand it is still a beta game and i'm not criticizing but i'd like to know if some of you are aware of this problem and could suggest me a potential solution. EFT seems to be an awesome game but it feels so sluggish (for me) during online play that I don't really feel like playing :(

Thank you!

The best place to start debugging your issues is with the "fps 1" console command. The main two values of interest are the "render ms" and (I think) "game update ms" just below it. Render ms is how long your GPU is taking to draw the world, Game Update ms is the time it's taking your client/CPU to get network updates and package everything for the GPU to draw, and your framerate is affected by the sum of the two values.

Generally speaking, 'normal' values for me on Woods are 5 ms for both values, so 10 ms for total frametime, which gives me about 100 fps. On Shoreline and parts of Customs, though, that does drop into the 50-60 fps range, but it's both offline and online.

TrepTheSnake

Understood. I can get my usual offline 120 fps in some area of custom in online mode but most of the time it will drop to 60-80 and in some area 40-50 (for exemple inside some buildings). I dont know if its me, the game and if i can do something about it.