D-sync frustration

Kaoticflare

Kaoticflare

I am expressing my frustration as all morning I have died due to net code issues.... I died by knife with no person on my screen while he was around the corner on my screen

I have died with the door completely closed with no person present on my screen

I died from a scav who on my screen was turned around pointing the opposite direction.....

This is just a few of my many deaths this morning due to dsync and netcode

It's not a fair fight if I can not see the opponent and have the ability to respond in kind..... 

My computer is more than capable to handle the game demands and my connection is more than capable of handling the communication with the servers with my ISP services....

Would recording a compilation of my dsync frustration and sending it to the developers help this? I really love this game but this mornings dsync and netcode issues are making me want to put this game down and move to other optimized games.

Thank you

Concerned Fan

Please, no need to send it to the developers! They are already working on it and are very aware of the issue. Since it is no easy fix to the problem, it takes time to make a noticeable change.

It is beta, many people have the same frustration you do right now, including me. But putting more pressure to the matter does not help, only makes thing worse. We get updates with great content every once in a while and the game has made GREAT progress since the early 2016 alpha, which it is worth mentioning that did not even have multiplayer. Maybe having a little empathy towards them would be nice, few games have made so much in so little time...

ShowMeDeWai
36 minutes ago, Kaoticflare said:

Would recording a compilation of my dsync frustration and sending it to the developers help this? I really love this game but this mornings dsync and netcode issues are making me want to put this game down and move to other optimized games.

Thank you

Concerned Fan

No, it would not.  They would just say, "It's Beta.  We are working on it."

LoL I had this typed out a minute after you finished, but I had to go do some real work for a little bit and come back to a "It's Beta.  They are working on it."  reply.  ROFL

Edited by ShowMeDeWai
Kaoticflare

Empathy is playing this game through the dsync issues for over 2 months, even knowing that the reviews had this as a dsync issues far beyond the time I started playing the game.  I am exercising my right to express my frustration with the release of new content without actual net code improvement (even though they put "fixed dsync and netcode issues into the patch notes).  Telling players to stop bugging the developers about the netcode/dsync is not going to help the game evolve into something better.  You have a select time when your game is gaining ground and popularity to fix BIG issues and show your customers that you are willing to go the distance to earn their loyalty.  So far I do not see open dialogue (from developers) as to why the netcode is in its current state and has not been improved since players ahve started reporting it.  I understand that optimization is a process and it could take countless hours to fix this mountain of a problem.  It does not feel good as a player to just be given a genaric "we are working on it" that has persisted for the length of time that it has.  An in depth explanation would go a long way to improving relationships with customers, even youtubers are giving more explanation to why this is a tough cookie to crack when I would hope the developers would be releasing that information.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Kaoticflare:

Empathy is playing this game through the dsync issues for over 2 months, even knowing that the reviews had this as a dsync issues far beyond the time I started playing the game.  I am exercising my right to express my frustration with the release of new content without actual net code improvement (even though they put "fixed dsync and netcode issues into the patch notes).  Telling players to stop bugging the developers about the netcode/dsync is not going to help the game evolve into something better.  You have a select time when your game is gaining ground and popularity to fix BIG issues and show your customers that you are willing to go the distance to earn their loyalty.  So far I do not see open dialogue (from developers) as to why the netcode is in its current state and has not been improved since players ahve started reporting it.  I understand that optimization is a process and it could take countless hours to fix this mountain of a problem.  It does not feel good as a player to just be given a genaric "we are working on it" that has persisted for the length of time that it has.  An in depth explanation would go a long way to improving relationships with customers, even youtubers are giving more explanation to why this is a tough cookie to crack when I would hope the developers would be releasing that information.

Baseline of telling ppl to not post about dsynchi breeki anymore is just plain this : the Dev´s are aware of our plight and crusade hard to get us (and their fiscal "sheep") into the promised land .

Yes, I get that you are frustrated, as are a ton of other players, me included .

But, do you see me spam the same problem over and over again just because the Devs aren´t slaving away fast enough for my taste ?

Nope, you wont .

Why ?

I reported the problem at hand via the launcher´s inbuilt bug-issue tracker, chimed in in a few of the more beginner-like-looking threads where I saw it necessary to allay people´s fear (they´ll never fix it "!!!! this game is doomed!!!1 all that stooped ducking yaddayadda that's always around when something isn´t working right) and besides that was hoping with all my might that the next raid would have less desynchi-murder-face-wonders and more of that lovely gameplay when it´s fluid (drooool <3 ), but sometimes you lose ... and sometime the enemy wins .

Stay calm and escape on .

P.s.: Afaik BSG will fix that eventually, they are pride-driven like that with their beloved baby, so give them programming´ lads a bit of leeway, but not enough to make them to get complacent, eh ;)

Stay safe,

network well .

Kaoticflare

This is my first and only post on the subject bud, I didn't realize netcode/dsync was a "bug" (makes it seem rather insignificant) and they don't really give a good heading to report the issue under.  Again, using my right to post on the forums to express my frustration of a known issue..... not spamming.  I am simply stating that if the resources to attack this problem are limited, maybe releasing new content should not be the primary focus and more resources should be diverted to what I would consider the top problem (I don't know if that is how it can work but a developer news article saying that we have every employee on it or we released new content only because it was ready or as that team is contracted to do so, would go over much better then a vague "we are working on it").

ShowMeDeWai
3 minutes ago, Kaoticflare said:

This is my first and only post on the subject bud, I didn't realize netcode/dsync was a "bug" (makes it seem rather insignificant) and they don't really give a good heading to report the issue under.  Again, using my right to post on the forums to express my frustration of a known issue..... not spamming.  I am simply stating that if the resources to attack this problem are limited, maybe releasing new content should not be the primary focus and more resources should be diverted to what I would consider the top problem (I don't know if that is how it can work but a developer news article saying that we have every employee on it or we released new content only because it was ready or as that team is contracted to do so, would go over much better then a vague "we are working on it").

You may want to take a look at this:  

As far as helping you to understand game development, let me say this.  BSG has about 77 people on the "development team."  This includes contracted people offsite as well as their onsite team.  3d asset builders are most likely the majority of their offsite team.  These guys use programs like Blender, Maya, Zbrush, etc etc.  They are most likely not very knowledgeable about desync and net code issues.  The guys who do sound samples and recordings are not the guys working on the netcode.  The guys who do world building, placing buildings and stuff like that are still not the guys working on netcode.  Now those guys do help with the optimization of the game by building the best looking models with the lowest poly count they can.  This includes the guys building the gun models etc etc.

Now, we can all ask, as I think I have as well, that they need to bring in more manpower to help with the netcode issues.  As stated by @dev-george "We don’t use native unity high level network in our project."  This means that they have built a proprietary netcode source and any new people they brought in, even if hugely expert on the whole netcode thing, would still have to learn what and how and why the proprietary netcode works.  So, even bringing in the "world's best netcode dude" would still not be a snap the fingers kind of problem to solve.  Though it would surely help it a lot.

I am super frustrated with the state of the "Beta" (should really be closed Alpha with the current issues) right now.  While it can seem to us, the outsiders looking in, that a whole lot is not being done, I am sure (at least I hope...) that they are not just drinking heaps of Vodka and hanging out in the offices laughing at us as they type, "We are working on it."

Kaoticflare

THANKYOU @ShowMeDeWai (btw I think you have killed me in game before TrashPanda69 as I recognize your name), thank you for your response vs the others that try to paint me as a complainer and spammer, you are a golden god among men (or women depending on what you prefer).  

I do understand what beta is but when you pay for a game regardless of what it says in its contractual agreement, you are looking for a customer vs seller relationship.  My future purchases or upgrades (which I have already done one upgrade) depend on this relationship.  In a market of games where netcode experience varies, if you put something on the market and require money to play it, then through game theory, you are entering a relationship with your customers that even in light of Beta is dictated by the experience or expectations that are set up indirectly by the market. 

I am very happy with the last paragraph where one of the devs admit that it should be a closed alpha due to the current state of the game.  I love this game, and my love for it matches my frustration, and I am glad there is a community that is willing to hash this out and challenge viewpoints held by others.  My fear and what is actually prompting my expression is more related to the worry that having a PAID beta will only set new players up for disappointment regardless of the BETA tag leading the reviews to only detract from future game and customer growth.

Thank you again Show that single post alone makes me feel much better about why the game is in its current state :)

ShowMeDeWai
3 minutes ago, ghutt67 said:

so just wondering. do people have a problem understanding what beta means? just my 2 cents

No, but I am guessing that you do NOT.  Lets get some examples:

Definition - What does Beta Test mean?

A beta test refers to the distribution of pre-release game software to a select group of people so that they can test the game in their own homes. The beta version of a game is as close to perfect as the company can make it, but any bugs, glitches or other issues discovered in beta testing will usually be addressed before the game's official release.

Techopedia explains Beta Test

Beta testing usually depends on volunteers rather than on paid play testers. By the beta-testing stage, all major bugs should have been worked out in earlier, in-house testing. By the time the beta-testing stage is reached, it is usually too late to make any major changes to the game mechanics, level designs and so on, so any fixes usually take the form of a patch.

Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.[4] Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing.

Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed.[153][154] This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable.[153] No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code. Beta occurs two to three months before code release.[154]

Now, with a new found understanding of what a "Beta" test should be, tell me where you think this game should be?  Beta or Alpha?  Here are some questions to answer yourself before you answer.

Is the game feature complete?  We have 4/10 maps.  We do not have open world.  We do not have medical animations.  I can keep going.

Is the game as close to perfect as the company can make it?  

Have all of the major bugs been worked out earlier by in house testing?

Are they planning any major changes to game mechanics or level design?  Are they going to add medical animations, a huge game changer?  Are they still working on 6/10 maps for level design?  

Is the game asset complete?  Or do they still have  TON of weapons and attachments planned?

Has the game shipped within two to three months of Beta beginning?

I think the problem is that as a general rule the accepted "form of Beta" is being ignored, the use of "volunteer" beta testers have been thrown out the window and now we are paying to "Beta" test games that should still be in the "Alpha" phase of internal testing.

ShowMeDeWai
3 minutes ago, Kaoticflare said:

THANKYOU @ShowMeDeWai (btw I think you have killed me in game before TrashPanda69 as I recognize your name), thank you for your response vs the others that try to paint me as a complainer and spammer, you are a golden god among men (or women depending on what you prefer).  

I do understand what beta is but when you pay for a game regardless of what it says in its contractual agreement, you are looking for a customer vs seller relationship.  My future purchases or upgrades (which I have already done one upgrade) depend on this relationship.  In a market of games where netcode experience varies, if you put something on the market and require money to play it, then through game theory, you are entering a relationship with your customers that even in light of Beta is dictated by the experience or expectations that are set up indirectly by the market. 

I am very happy with the last paragraph where one of the devs admit that it should be a closed alpha due to the current state of the game.  I love this game, and my love for it matches my frustration, and I am glad there is a community that is willing to hash this out and challenge viewpoints held by others.  My fear and what is actually prompting my expression is more related to the worry that having a PAID beta will only set new players up for disappointment regardless of the BETA tag leading the reviews to only detract from future game and customer growth.

Thank you again Show that single post alone makes me feel much better about why the game is in its current state :)

I completely agree with you.  Once you start taking money for your game, no matter what phase it is in, you are now in a relationship with your customers.  That relationship, just like any other DEPENDS on communication.  Communication is a two way street.  The dev's need to communicate with us, and we need to communicate with them.

We can't be "ZOMG YOUR GAME IS BROKEN FIXT IT NWOWOWOWOW!!!!11!!1one"

And they can' be like, "We are working on it."  Or worse yet, "i can feel your hate. its ok then. just be careful with this - its bad for karma", or "oh i see you are really experienced in this. наверни говна лучше"

Of course, we don't need or want the dev's to spend all of their time responding, but ten minutes a day is not a whole lot to ask.