MaximVonValen

Gear value game mode idea

MaximVonValen

Hey Tarkov community and devs.

I had an idea for a game mode within tarkov.

So i was discussing with friends and we were thinking that it would be great if there was a game mode, or if it were implemented into the regular match making, a game mode based on the value of gear you would bring in. For example we could have a 300$ tier where you could bring as much gear as you want as long as its total value is under 300 or the equivalent in roubles. in this mode most people would only be able to bring a pistol and some best or a shotgun with no meds ect. This would create a cool meta of people trying to bring in the best gear they can while staying under the limit.

to add to this the scavs loot would also scale to the gear cost tier so in the low 300 $ tier the scavs would have pistols and toz but then in the 3000$ tier the scavs would regularly spawn with fort and m4s making it a legitimate risk but also a huge reward for those who are brave enough to bring the good gear out. 

this would help greatly with people feeling helpless when they have no gear and want to cooperate with other people who only have a hatchet to try and take down some scavs or just get simple gear killing low level players and the higher tier players will more often face other well geared players increasing risk and reward for people who get bored with just killing hatchlings all day with their m4 and fort.

would love to hear what you all think and how to build on my idea.

thanks for your time.

-MaximVonValen

Forien

No. 

This would kill Tarkov. Also it would split community even more. I happen to kill Fort guys with M4s or Vals with my AKM/VPO-136. And I happen to die while wearing Fort from some random SKS ninja. All can happen and the only thing limiting you is your skill (mostly skill in tactical). 

If you split community then only Fort guys will loot more forts. And the rest will go hatchet because they will never encounter anyone with armor. 

TL;DR: no. 

Edited by Forien
  • Like 3

JoschiGrey

It would be nearly impossible to complete the first Skier quest, except you are lucky and find a scav with fort... but they won't have them because their gear is scale.

MaximVonValen
15 hours ago, JoschiGrey said:

It would be nearly impossible to complete the first Skier quest, except you are lucky and find a scav with fort... but they won't have them because their gear is scale.

I am mostly suggesting this as a new game mode so you would still be able to do the quests as normal in the regular game but this would be a really fun and challenging game mode obviously there would be a lot of balancing involved. 

21 hours ago, Forien said:

No. 

This would kill Tarkov. Also it would split community even more. I happen to kill Fort guys with M4s or Vals with my AKM/VPO-136. And I happen to die while wearing Fort from some random SKS ninja. All can happen and the only thing limiting you is your skill (mostly skill in tactical). 

If you split community then only Fort guys will loot more forts. And the rest will go hatchet because they will never encounter anyone with armor. 

TL;DR: no. 

I think this would grow the community and give existing players more to do thus the splitting of the community is irrelevant. also like said above the main game is still available and balancing of the amount of fort in the game will be an ongoing process. furthermore in terms of skill the game mode would promote high skill play with some balance to increase skill required to defeat an opponent with similar amount of money spent on gear.

neur0tix

Lol this. Just NO. This is Tarkov. Sometimes you wipe enemy squad with your pistol and sometimes you die fully geared to a random AI scav with makarov. You bring gear worth of 200$ and you leave with 6000$ or you bring gear worth of 6000$ and leave with 500$ extra. Thats just the way it works. Keep in mind that the whole process of leveling, skilling, traders, prices etc. is probably adjusted for testing purposes and the whole economy in the game could change and most probably will.

On 27. 2. 2018 at 3:46 AM, MaximVonValen said:

scavs would regularly spawn with fort and m4s

Yea because M4 is standard russian weapon.

• Like 1

CrackHDown

I wouldn't mind just a gamemode where you can just choose gear free of charge and practice in a deathmatch setting. But you keep no gear nor aquire any money, the whole purpose of this gamemode is for mindless pvp.

Forien
6 minutes ago, CrackHDown said:

I wouldn't mind just a gamemode where you can just choose gear free of charge and practice in a deathmatch setting. But you keep no gear nor aquire any money, the whole purpose of this gamemode is for mindless pvp.

Basically you mean the Arena, which is confirmed 

rix5

What about the guy who goes with good gear to get one-up on other players and get to the loot more easy? He brings his good gear only to keep the other (less geared) players at bay. What about this guy?
And what about the opposite guy, who comes with very cheap gear but has his mind set on hunting for the expensive gear of the heavier players?

Your gamemode would exclude those two types of players. I think that's not a good idea. It could be opt-in maybe but you'll see soon it's more interesting to have it all mixed up.

• Like 1

MaximVonValen
10 hours ago, rix5 said:

What about the guy who goes with good gear to get one-up on other players and get to the loot more easy? He brings his good gear only to keep the other (less geared) players at bay. What about this guy?
And what about the opposite guy, who comes with very cheap gear but has his mind set on hunting for the expensive gear of the heavier players?

Your gamemode would exclude those two types of players. I think that's not a good idea. It could be opt-in maybe but you'll see soon it's more interesting to have it all mixed up.

for those players the standard tarkov game would still apply thats why its an additional game mode

neur0tix
5 hours ago, MaximVonValen said:

for those players the standard tarkov game would still apply thats why its an additional game mode

there are 4 official announced game modes for Tarkov. Story, Raid, Arena, Open world. So far we have only one of them. Let them finish the game first, try their gamemodes, maybe you will be surprised and happy with what they will make. If you wont, only after then you can try to promote your own idea of game mode.

MaximVonValen
On 2/28/2018 at 8:22 PM, neur0tix said:

there are 4 official announced game modes for Tarkov. Story, Raid, Arena, Open world. So far we have only one of them. Let them finish the game first, try their gamemodes, maybe you will be surprised and happy with what they will make. If you wont, only after then you can try to promote your own idea of game mode.

well how do you think my idea could fit into one of the coming game modes or aspects of my idea.

Edited by MaximVonValen
typo