gfa3

hera arms cqr grip on ak/akm

gfa3

Hi guys,

Trying to figure out if I can put a hera arms cqr grip on the ak47n or akm. Google seems to support this theory, although I will admit I can't find an actual photo of a set up like this.

Also, when you hover over the compatibility thing on the CQR grip, it tells me that there are a few 74n/akm in my stash that will accept the grip. I have 10 wcases full of guns so this was annoying to search for but I think it has something to do with the UFM handguard. 

But when I go to actually install the CQR on a ufm handguard, it gives me the error that you cannot install CQR and UFM at the same time. I'm trying to think what this means for the CQR on the ak or maybe it just is not possible. You get this error on the AS-VAL when you try to put the new pistol grip on (allows you to throw on MOE stock), you get a similar error, and all you have to do is remove some parts before trying to install things (you have to remove the regular stock before you can switch out the pistol grips)

Let me know if you guys have any insight!

PS: i attached a pic of me trying to install it

Thanks,

gfa3

2018-02-27[13-24] (0).png

greloman

I have been trying to figure this out too and have had no luck

Prachel15

Go to the Pistol Grip. Thats what i do with the M4 at least

ShowMeDeWai

You have to put a 6in key mod on the front of the gun.  I think any way...  

On 2/27/2018 at 12:24 PM, gfa3 said:

Hi guys,

LestatLioncourt
On 2/28/2018 at 3:46 PM, Prachel15 said:

Go to the Pistol Grip. Thats what i do with the M4 at least

Can you list the name of which mod this is? Been trying to figure out a way to try to attach Hera mods to an AKM without any luck...

samfc
On 2018/2/28 at 2:24 AM, gfa3 said:

Hi guys,

Trying to figure out if I can put a hera arms cqr grip on the ak47n or akm. Google seems to support this theory, although I will admit I can't find an actual photo of a set up like this.

Also, when you hover over the compatibility thing on the CQR grip, it tells me that there are a few 74n/akm in my stash that will accept the grip. I have 10 wcases full of guns so this was annoying to search for but I think it has something to do with the UFM handguard. 

But when I go to actually install the CQR on a ufm handguard, it gives me the error that you cannot install CQR and UFM at the same time. I'm trying to think what this means for the CQR on the ak or maybe it just is not possible. You get this error on the AS-VAL when you try to put the new pistol grip on (allows you to throw on MOE stock), you get a similar error, and all you have to do is remove some parts before trying to install things (you have to remove the regular stock before you can switch out the pistol grips)

PS: i attached a pic of me trying to install it

Thanks,

gfa3

2018-02-27[13-24] (0).png

Maybe u forget to put a keymod 6 inch guide on that handguard (like Warsport LVOA) then put yr grip. As far as I concern u only cannot put Hera Pistol Grip on AK or AKM.

samfc

Don't know why current Hera Arms CQR foregrip & CQR Pistol Grip with Stock cannot put on AK platform. I tested it. But in real life it's possible to put Hera Arms CQR stock on AK platform gun. 

image.thumb.png.c70d2303819f7632bda6d3db725e2dc5.png