Is it normal to be shot as soon as I spawn in?

nukeduk3

I've enjoyed raids where I actually got to move, but I've had quite a few which have lasted no longer than 20 to 30 seconds, simply because I was shot at as soon as I spawned by another player.

I get that it is meant to be a hardcore game, but barely being able to even move before I'm shot is kind of a buzz kill.

• Confused 1

If you join a game "late" this can definitely happen. Even if only 5-10 seconds later than someone else. The spawns are purposely close together on all of the maps. I highly recommend holding your initial position (unless you're on a hatchet run) for a few moments and check your corners. You'll learn the spawns as well and know where to expect people from. 

if you can afford it buy a ssd put the game on it. so you should always spawn normal and not late. if you get a latespawn without the timer the only thing you can do is run like hell and hope noone is arround you 50/50 to die at late spawn

It is a buzzkil for sure, this happens because your spawnpoint is rushed. Learn the spawnpoints, and you can expect them to come. easy kill. For example: RED LIGHT factory spawn is usually rushed from both sides, but there are ways to run from there so you have to be carefull, specially on maps like Factory.

Late spawn and bad luck sometimes... The other day with a friend we did a run on woods and while we were getting away from the area as fast as we could, a player spawned right in front of us, we dropped his gun in a bush hoping he'll get it back.

If talking about Factory, it is a special case, this place is a meat grinder, I only go there when I have quests to do or when I have a spare smg to lose :)

20-30 seconds is as soon as you spawn?

Late spawns I get, sure, but a right off the bat kill, as a PMC, is more leaning towards a bug than anything, a Scav, it happens since you come in late. 

Just died in less than a second on Customs, by some dude I wasnt in squad with. (will not mention name, unless developers request it)

I just saw myself spawning in, saw the dude, and died LUL

It was weird, because I got the deployment timer and everything, meaning it should have been a new raid?

Anyway, dying in less than 10 seconds should really not be a thing at all, unless you are directly sprinting from spawn unto open terrain.

• 10 months later...

Yeah just spawned in shoreline shot and killed in 5 seconds, how is that okay? Yeah, realistic sure, but it's not realistic to just POP in a known position and then just be sniped. 

• Like 1

Its true, You need a ssd drive, some people rush the other spawns so If you come in late they will already be on you or on there way to you, I bet most people complaining have a crap harddrive or processor of maybe not even atleast 16gb ram, get a better PC system to run this game perfect. you need an upgrade. I have a old AMD processor with SSD, 16gb ram and 1060 and I have hardly no problems at all.

Jamie