DetectxDelete

Can EFT be installed on a drive other than C:

DetectxDelete

It seems the installer automatically installs on C:   Since C: is filling up pretty fast I would like to re-install on D:  Is it possible.

humpo

I have my game installed on another drive that is not C:

DetectxDelete

At what point were you able to pick the drive?

Eragon284th
Just now, DetectxDelete said:

At what point were you able to pick the drive?

If I'm not mistaken the game is installed where the launcher is located (be careful not to have it installed on the root of a drive, always make a folder)

• Thanks 1

qS_Sachiel
Just now, Eragon284th said:

If I'm not mistaken the game is installed where the launcher is located (be careful not to have it installed on the root of a drive, always make a folder)

yes, multiple complaints (and warnings in installer, so they say) that if you sit the game installer in a root drive directory, you'll end up having EFT deleting everythin on that drive to secure a safe space for it to install to.

DetectxDelete

Thanks.  I'll give it a try..

EscapeFromLags
2 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

yes, multiple complaints (and warnings in installer, so they say) that if you sit the game installer in a root drive directory, you'll end up having EFT deleting everythin on that drive to secure a safe space for it to install to.

Quality devs right there. Cant make a proper installer for the game, launcher needs admin right, gets detected as virus and potentially fcks up the entire Windows installation. But wait... the game itself is even worse...

Omegalul

$150 well spent on a broken tech demo for the unity engine which runs like a rusty russian tractor. Full release in 2016 they said...

Scam³

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

LunaTerra
6 hours ago, EscapeFromLags said:

Quality devs right there. Cant make a proper installer for the game, launcher needs admin right, gets detected as virus and potentially fcks up the entire Windows installation. But wait... the game itself is even worse...

Omegalul

$150 well spent on a broken tech demo for the unity engine which runs like a rusty russian tractor. Full release in 2016 they said...

Scam³

Tell me where you're getting this 'full release in 2016' line from, send me the source.

5w1n3

Some salty and PC noobish boys commenting here it seems! Try to help people/answer questions before whining and talking garbage please!

In answer to your question @DetectxDelete - 

Yes, Tarkov can be installed on any drive of your choosing, SSD for the win with map load times. I never had Tarkov installed on my root (C:) drive as I only have Windows on that. I installed it on a secondary drive and later moved it to a new SSD at a later stage (SSD made a big difference performance wise). Can't remember exactly when it asked for install location, very early in the install launcher sequence though as it would have to ask for a location before installing. As mentioned, make a folder if it doesn't auto create one, as in if you want to install on D: drive  make sure rthe installer has more than just D: as the path, so make a folder like 'tarkov' or whatever and point installer to that (D:/tarkov). I had zero issues with install and even moving drives after installing. With regards to other comments, good idea to make sure your Windows login is an Administrator level account and it's generally a good idea to disable antivirus when installing software from a trusted source... Antivirus programs flag a lot of games as false positives, usually the antivirus being over protective. 

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

redbeastman

you can drag and drop the game from your c drive to your d then launch the launcher and in setting change the game location to the new d drive

DarthTanyon

I literally moved my game over to my M.2 SSD "E: Drive".. and I try to open launcher and it keeps saying "Launcher must be opened from x:drive/games/BSG ... so I deleted EVERYTHING and started over.. and right from the beginning it wants to always put the launcher in my X: drive.. and when I move the launcher then try to install the game then it has another pop up "The correct version of the game can not be found"  Honestly this is so stupid.. janky crap.. so frustrating. 

Edited by DarthTanyon

Waygarth
On 3/1/2018 at 4:02 AM, MadMacks said:

Tell me where you're getting this 'full release in 2016' line from, send me the source.

I believe it comes from the original announcement trailer which was released before even the Alpha limited trial. Right at the end, it says that it is due in 2016 (at 3min 13s in the video). BSG started development in 2012 (according to the article on Wikipedia) and the "Official Announcement Trailer" was posted on YouTube in 2015. You can find it here:

Edited by Waygarth

StahlHund
On 11/17/2018 at 5:26 AM, DarthTanyon said:

I literally moved my game over to my M.2 SSD "E: Drive".. and I try to open launcher and it keeps saying "Launcher must be opened from x:drive/games/BSG ... so I deleted EVERYTHING and started over.. and right from the beginning it wants to always put the launcher in my X: drive.. and when I move the launcher then try to install the game then it has another pop up "The correct version of the game can not be found"  Honestly this is so stupid.. janky crap.. so frustrating. 

Same, just got an SSD to play Tarkov on and I will ether get the Launcher must be opened In message or the Correct version of the game cannot be found message.

DietLemonT

I don't know if everyone has already solved this for themselves, but I too was having this issue when trying to move EFT and the BSG launcher from one drive to another. Turns out, you have to uninstall the BSG launcher completely through the programs section of the control panel. Only when I did that would it let me pick the path to install the launcher.

TryHardTermite

So I think I figured it out, In your selected drive, in the coding the game installation file requires a folder named BattleState Games. Here are the steps I found to fix this issue;

1. Go to control panel and file uninstaller, fine your Battlestate launcher, and the game itself if you still have it installed and completely delete it.
2. Redownload the launcher, make sure your internet browser has the download file directory into the Drive you choose. For this example it will be the B Drive

3. Open the drive and install it into the B drive.

4. Open launcher in B Drive. Click choose file directory at the prompt menu of install. Select Change from the C drive.

5. Create a new folder named "BattleState Games" It should look like so Volume (b:)/BattleState Games
6. Select that and it should work.|

I hope this helps

• Thanks 1

trailerprktrash

Ok i messed around with this for the past few hours, and it was a giant pain but i finally got it to work.  im not good with computers so all of this was kinda of new to me but this is how i got it to download to my d drive instead of c drive.  first i changed my internet browser file directory to download to the d drive instead of c.  but every time i downloaded the launcher whenever it launched for the first time it still went into the c drive.  deleted it four or five times trying to get it to go d drive when launching it but i never could.  so after launching the the eft launcher i wasnt able to change the installation directory to d, it just kept saying it wouldnt work.  i tried cutting and pasting the battlestate games file from c to d and then the launcher wouldnt work.  so long story short instead of trying to cut and paste the file i chose to right click the file and clicked the send to option seeing if that would make a difference.  and it did. after doing that my launcher is still running off the c drive but i was able to change the install directory to the d drive so the game downloaded to d. like i said im not really good with computers so i dont know if this is just something dumb i was overlooking but i hope it helps someone.  i still however dont know how to get the launcher to work off of the d drive but thats a good enough fix for me right now 

Bares

Almost 100 % you guys are doing this wrong, I literally bought a new SSD, moved my tarkov files, including the launcher to my new "S" drive from my old hard drive "C", created a folder named "Battlestate Games" on my "S" drive and moved the files to the folder i just created, then I pathed the launcher to the "S" drive "EFT" folder INSIDE the Battlestate games folder, if you just path to the battlestate games folder it will say incorrect version of game or something like that.

northofnowhere
On 2/28/2018 at 4:18 PM, EscapeFromLags said:

Omegalul

Scam³

Feel free to uninstall.  But whatever you choose to do, just go away.

voxthesergal
On 2/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, EscapeFromLags said:

Omegalul

Scam³

Went back to read this. Watched the trailer. It doesn't say it FULL RELEASES IN 2016. 

It just says get ready to escape in 2016, which, as far as I remember, they started accepting alpha access in late 2016.

As for the launcher issue: most of the time it requires shifting both launcher and game files to the other hard drive. This requires you to make sure EVERYTHING is moved. 

rbe902

My real problem is that the game itself (on another drive) is just under 9GB, while the TEMP folder in the BSG Launcher folder requires 15GB on drive C :. That's the actual problem. Does anybody know if I can empty the TEMP folder, or does the game or the launcher need this "temporary" data? In the patch and update policy of DEV's, I have no desire to first download 15GB for each update, because the TEMP folder does not contain the old data (for comparison or similar).

Edited by rbe902

hellspawn25

You can delete whats in the Temp-Folder. The launcher has to stay on "C" but you can move the EFT-Folder where ever you want. After moving start the launcher and he will ask you where the EFT-Folder is located. Show him and play 🙂

graze

jesus how is this still an issue......surely this is not hard for the devs to fix.

darragh1612

I don’t know if this has already been solved but I have windows 10 and in order to download onto my D drive I had to first go into my “system settings” then go into “storage” then click on “change where new content is saved” and I then made it so that new apps and new documents would save to my D drive instead of C. Hope this helps 

WildBill3000

Just go into whatever drive you want to install it on and make a "BattleState Games" folder. Inside of that folder, make an "EFT" folder. Then when starting the launcher, just click install, then you have an option to change the directory there, so change it to that "EFT" folder.

• Thanks 1

hallettnr

In case anyone is still running into this problem I think I found the solution which is actually incredibly easy.

I tried absolutely everything listed above to change my install path using that option on the launcher prior to installing the game and I kept getting the same messages you are getting.

Simply click the install button anyways and it will pop up another window that will allow you to change the drive. I changed it on there and it worked no problem. I'm not entirely sure why they include some option prior to installation that doesn't even seem to work properly, it just causes confusion.