Unplayable after patch

xStrugglinx

Game is unplayable right now. Can't get into a CQB with any player/AI without frames dropping to 4-8 and then there's zero hit registration even though the person is 3ft away. The netcode and dsync is soo bad this patch that I'm seriously about to walk away from this game until the wipe or actual fixes happen. And I don't want to hear any fan boy excuses about (it's beta) because it's not a beta, it's a for profit alpha. All this talk about future plans and open beta is really gonna doom this game if they can't be realistic about their problems and stage of the game as is. Hopefully things work out.

• Upvote 1
Death4ce
12 minutes ago, xStrugglinx said:

Game is unplayable right now. Can't get into a CQB with any player/AI without frames dropping to 4-8 and then there's zero hit registration even though the person is 3ft away. The netcode and dsync is soo bad this patch that I'm seriously about to walk away from this game until the wipe or actual fixes happen. And I don't want to hear any fan boy excuses about (it's beta) because it's not a beta, it's a for profit alpha. All this talk about future plans and open beta is really gonna doom this game if they can't be realistic about their problems and stage of the game as is. Hopefully things work out.

Yeah they have alot to do and they do in a sense have something to prove to us that they are fixing the problems, hopefully when interchange comes it plays better like they said, Its one of them , you really wanna play this game, but somewhat limited gear,maps, and the desync it can just ruin the game completely , I like this game alot more than i hate it, but i gotta admit i do hate it purely because of the performance.

What you are describing though i can more or less guarantee you hasn't came with the update, even if you say it was fine, updated, then it messed up, it wont be the update, mine works mayybe 5-10% better after the patch if anything, which isnt much but it does feel a little better, not on shoreline, forget shoreline.

You and i both know you aint walking away :)

Just tell yourself this, There is nothing you can do about it, You are absolutely powerless, You MUST just wait and see what happens with this game. It's sh*t i know. But this game has far to much potential for anyone who has played it to walk away from, we only complain cause we enjoy the game.

Edited by everton999
  • Like 1
TanithScout
3 hours ago, xStrugglinx said:

The netcode and dsync is soo bad this patch that I'm seriously about to walk away from this game until the wipe or actual fixes happen

Then go and enjoy your time elsewhere with a more polished product.

Us Vets will keep playing and keep testing.

Oh, and ofcourse it's for profit, so we can actually play a finished product.Don't forget, at the last wipe BSG gave us a free Item box  BEFORE  announcing a game sale when they couldve done it afterwards and cashed in on people wanting EOD stashes. They DID NOT do this. Either because theyre A) Dumb or more likely B) Not arseholes.

• Sad 1

i agree things have been pretty off since the patch. ever since i might as well not run an automatic gun at all because it straight up doesn't work.

and it may just be from the weekend traffic but yesterday and today were so bad with taking invisible and silent damage. not even knowing im being shot. was playing with a buddy and apparently i was getting lit up but i had no idea, i was just strolling along completely oblivious because there was no sound or indication for me, but my buddy is like dude blood is flying out of you everywhere, so i just kept running, then i looked at my dude and i was 3/4 dead. literally zero indication, zero body markers, zero noise or anything.

this has happened to me constantly

• Like 1
Tendeep

OP may be on to something, do not be too hard on him/her.

The first patch appeared to help netcode or server performance, but the latest bit of hotfixes appears to be making it worse... I am now having tons of issues where I unload on players and the bullets do not register... at all, then they turn and burn me after half a mag into their face lol

Something is not quite right as of late.

Edited by Tendeep
  • Like 1
xStrugglinx

Just died on a run, my teammate lit him up with a ketter (SP?) not the best gun but still did damage to him, and then  I shot the same dude in the dome twice with RSASS m61 rounds, hearing him moan from the shots being hit and then the dude runs away. 5 seconds later I hear 3 shots and die.  Earlier today I unloaded on a hatchling with akm with PS ammo from 5 ft away, and there was no bullet registration and he killed me through the new 6b helmet and fort.  The one job of an FPS is to make sure combat is synced properly between the clients and the server, that basic principle is not being met even for a "beta". I like the principle of the game but the execution is way off especially after charging us AAA prices. You'd think it be further along with a beta title and the claim that open beta is around the corner. BTW I've played other beta's, early access, and alpha games, and not one of them charged me AAA prices nor tried to throw shade at me saying its, us the players, not the game mechanics at fault.

xStrugglinx

It's funny how I keep seeing the same people showing up on others posts who have legit issues with the game. All their comments are derogatory fan boy responses. These are the same folks that are probably mad about hatchlings, and used the weapons glitching when it was around or any other game breaking meta they can get their hands on.

I can't wait for this game to be more realistic because thats what I was hoping for when I bought this game, not these clowns who are like Iron man running down the hallways with their ifacs and selewas being spammed as they rush with the netcode saving them. I can't wait for the mag reloads to take place so people can't just sit there and spray and pray. They'll actually have to use trigger discipline and take proper aim or they'll get rekt. These changes can't come soon enough.

And thank you to those who actually read this thread and used common sense and realize that this does happen to others and acknowledged that this game can be wicked frustrating due to the fact the game isn't up to par yet. Hopefully things get worked out in an expedited manor because it's really fun when it works.

• Like 2

ya honestly i can't wait for about 4 months to come - thats how long i think it'll take for any type of decent netcode fixes/optimizations and a cpl of the new features to slow the game down a bit so that you can't just be a super sonic sprinting tank with a front mounted machine gun.

right now im just dedicating my time to scav runs and casual night strolls because im getting fed up with the plaguing issues when i want to play seriously

• Like 1
zpwarrior
13 hours ago, MadMacks said:

Here I was thinking this was a charity driven alpha. 

I thought my money went to make-a-wish and not to participate in the development of a game.

t3hSn0wm4n
13 hours ago, everton999 said:

You and i both know you aint walking away :)

Just tell yourself this, There is nothing you can do about it, You are absolutely powerless, You MUST just wait and see what happens with this game. It's sh*t i know. But this game has far to much potential for anyone who has played it to walk away from, we only complain cause we enjoy the game.

You hit the nail on the frakking head..... Its like an abusive girlfriend.... you know she is batsh*t crazy and you hate her for it, but you love her anyways. LMAO

• Like 1

The game is in a terrible state right now. I find myself playing other games more and more often. Just now I got legged to death by a random shotgun scav wearing the best armor in the game. Raid before that killed by my own grenade I could see flying though the air. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
xStrugglinx

So on shoreline my gameupd is 22-30ms and the render ms is 15-20. I used shoreline for this because it's the worst performance wise but really its about the same on all the maps since the latest patch. I'm already dead by the time I see AI or players render.

My specs are: Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB of RAM, Motherboard MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693), GPU EVGA GTX970 4GB, my internet is 300mbs download/25mbs upload. Is there a fix or am I screwed until the game is improved?

Edited by xStrugglinx
TanithScout
On 3/4/2018 at 3:39 AM, xStrugglinx said:

Just died on a run, my teammate lit him up with a ketter (SP?) not the best gun but still did damage to him, and then  I shot the same dude in the dome twice with RSASS m61 rounds, hearing him moan from the shots being hit and then the dude runs away. 5 seconds later I hear 3 shots and die.  Earlier today I unloaded on a hatchling with akm with PS ammo from 5 ft away, and there was no bullet registration and he killed me through the new 6b helmet and fort.  The one job of an FPS is to make sure combat is synced properly between the clients and the server, that basic principle is not being met even for a "beta". I like the principle of the game but the execution is way off especially after charging us AAA prices. You'd think it be further along with a beta title and the claim that open beta is around the corner. BTW I've played other beta's, early access, and alpha games, and not one of them charged me AAA prices nor tried to throw shade at me saying its, us the players, not the game mechanics at fault.

This sums up why people who aren't willing to beta test a game shouldn't beta test a game.

If there was a bug that instakilled you (cough nades cough), losing all your gear with nothing you can do, then yeh I'd agree, but this isnt. This is standard development problems for a game... in development?

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
xStrugglinx

Except its not standard developmental problems. This game is being run on a engine designed for mobile games, it's being labeled a Beta and it's clearly no where close to beta level, the game can't even live up to basic FPS principles, so I'd say this game is far behind the standard developmental schedule. But please keep spouting fanboy responses. Like I said before, I've played other alphas and early access games, at least those developers called the game what it was, had weekly or biweekly updates, and were in constant contact with their community to let them know how things were progressing. Right now it's like trying to pull teeth from the devs on what's going on and when it's gonna happen. You charge me AAA prices I expect AAA level effort and progress.

Starlight
On 3/4/2018 at 6:45 PM, xStrugglinx said:

So on shoreline my gameupd is 22-30ms and the render ms is 15-20. I used shoreline for this because it's the worst performance wise but really its about the same on all the maps since the latest patch. I'm already dead by the time I see AI or players render.

My specs are: Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB of RAM, Motherboard MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693), GPU EVGA GTX970 4GB, my internet is 300mbs download/25mbs upload. Is there a fix or am I screwed until the game is improved?

Yeah, that CPU absolutely has to go. If you want to stay AMD, Ryzen can keep up with Intel offerings if we're only looking at chips that cap out around the 4GHz mark, but the FX series is utter crap for this game. If you're willing to go Intel, anything pushing upwards of 4.3GHz or so boost clock will outperform the Ryzen chips as well.

• Like 1