Jump to content

mosin, hype and concern.


Recommended Posts

Jlesaistu

dunno about you. But one of the officially announced weapon i feel the more exited to see added in tarkov is the mosin.

 

My concern however is how the weapon will be handle. For exemple, cost? avaibality at trader? at what level? ammo? is the weapon will be concidered a sniper?

 

Personally, i hope mossin will sell around 20-30k (because well...that about the price of a after market mosin. more or less 200$...often less) But now, if it is indeed a cheap level 1 weapon...right now vendor do not sell any 7.62x54R round (they apear at what, level 2-3 trader?)

 

Also, will it be concider a sniper rifle? Because really it is not really one at all. Sure it does get decent accuracy, but that no Sv-98 either. actually. Mosin where simply made to be as accurate as the iron sight would allow you to aim and run about 3-5 MOA usually. they are not even designed to have a scope monted on (well, now a day, depending on model, they are some after market mount for that. and even there, sometime it imply a gunsmith job drilling hole on the mosin)

really would like mossin. A reliable one shot one kill, cheap weapon, but balanced by lack of attachement and punishing rof if you miss. How would you like the mosin to be?

Edited by Jlesaistu
Link to post
Share on other sites
Team_Speak_User

I generally agree.

I think it would be nice to see it be lvl 1 trader weapon, but have very limited or even better no attachments.  I would also like for the ammo to not be readily available.  That way it is very good especially at a lower level if you happen upon a bunch of 7.62x54R ammo, however it may not be what you want in any one situation.  Not ideal as a sniper and not ideal in close range either.  Just a solid mid range rifle that can deal great damage if the rounds hit. but missing would likely make you outgunned by most other weapons simply due to firerate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino

I really don't see balance being an issue. It's a cheap hard hitter, that is where it's balance comes from. Stripper clips will aid it.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlesaistu

yea indeed there no balance issue. if it is like the basic SKS where you can pretty much only use iron sight, but hit hard..i would love it.

 

just hope they dont make in intro some hard to get, expensive, sniper. but as a tier one basic gun like SKS with ammo avaible for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LunaTerra
2 hours ago, Jlesaistu said:

yea indeed there no balance issue. if it is like the basic SKS where you can pretty much only use iron sight, but hit hard..i would love it.

 

just hope they dont make in intro some hard to get, expensive, sniper. but as a tier one basic gun like SKS with ammo avaible for them.

I imagine they'll be using the modern variant on it, and it'll probably be a intermediate sniper rifle. Not too hard and not too easy to get. 

Edited by MadMacks
Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be interesting to see where it 'fits'... midway between basic SKS and SV98 or maybe cheap and nasty, like the DMR equivalent of the TOS 2 round shotgun? I somehow doubt it's gonna be a super high end valuable gun, but we'll have to wait and see! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlesaistu

cheap and nasty is great some time.

sure, poepel will complain they lost 300k of gear to a 20k weapon....but that just it work IRl as well i guess....fancy thousand dolars expensive gear have no garantee to save you from a 200$ gun

Link to post
Share on other sites
PIG-Mathieu
8 hours ago, Jlesaistu said:

 

sure, poepel will complain they lost 300k of gear to a 20k weapon.

Well the SV98 is 100k roubles, no one knows the price of the mosin yet, but keep in mind that you can not mount every scopes on a standard mosin : Variant with rails might be much more expensive, and i would not be suprised if the cost of those variants + mods end up being more expensive than the SV98 it self ^^ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
DanExert

The 7.62x54r round should perform almost identically across the board, regardless of the weapon it is fired from (this includes LMGs) so the so called 'one hit kill' sniper meta from, dare I say, Call of Doody and the like is not applicable here ;). Just imagine having a PKM that one-hits everything... The only difference will be muzzle velocity depending on barrel length but even then the differences would be negligible.

These rounds can usually be found in abundance as well, across most if not all of the maps. I seem to stumble across it very often lol so it would certainly be a cool entry level weapon where the ammo can be found in good quantities. 

IMO sniper rifles will come into their own once we get bigger, more open maps. We also still don't really have a primary use for anything much higher than 4x magnification, not counting the few spots in Woods and Shoreline. The beauty of the bolt-action rifle comes when you are far enough away for the action time to not matter, as the advantage in base accuracy due to the working parts not needing to move outweighs the need for quick shots. That said, I'm sure weapon mastery will come into play, giving us quicker, less disruptive bolt operation. Not to mention straight-pull bolts, bipods and the like!

Once ladders are implemented, snipers will receive an indirect buff, mark my words!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlesaistu
2 hours ago, Skemba said:

Nice little old Mosin with a nice little old 3.5x scope for entry level sniping. 

see that the thing. mosin usually are not scoped. they are not that accurate weapon.

 

they where mas produce as standar infantry riffle. most fo them shoot between like 3-6 moa, wich is not impressive at all. But there where tested during production for accuracy. and the FEW RARE mossin who showed accuracy over standar where sent back to factory to get modified and become weapon for sharpshoter. wich require to bent the bolt and drill suport for the scope.

 

those few mosin are actually rare and expensive. the general 200$ and less mossin usually get MEH barrel and not much accuracy. oh, they will hit your target reliably at 100-200 metres. but are no mean made to be scoped and usued as a proper sniper.

 

perhaps we could have two version of mosin a little like the SkS. one being manual of clip fed (standar internal box magazine) , so-so accurate, only iron sight but dirt cheap. and other being rare and capable to be scoped, but more expensive.

Edited by Jlesaistu
Link to post
Share on other sites
Skemba
23 minutes ago, Jlesaistu said:

see that the thing. mosin usually are not scoped. they are not that accurate weapon.

 

they where mas produce as standar infantry riffle. most fo them shoot between like 3-6 moa, wich is not impressive at all. But there where tested during production for accuracy. and the FEW RARE mossin who showed accuracy over standar where sent back to factory to get modified and become weapon for sharpshoter. wich require to bent the bolt and drill suport for the scope.

 

those few mosin are actually rare and expensive. the general 200$ and less mossin usually get MEH barrel and not much accuracy. oh, they will hit your target reliably at 100-200 metres. but are no mean made to be scoped and usued as a proper sniper.

 

perhaps we could have two version of mosin a little like the SkS. one being manual of clip fed (standar internal box magazine) , so-so accurate, only iron sight but dirt cheap. and other being rare and capable to be scoped, but more expensive.

I know. But they were widely used as sniper rifles during WW2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AdhesiveTeflon
1 minute ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Why do you think this?

Slow rate of fire, hurts like hell when it hits.  Totally screwed if you miss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
11 minutes ago, AdhesiveTeflon said:

Slow rate of fire

True, but there is a weapon mastering skill, maybe cycle the bolt faster?

11 minutes ago, AdhesiveTeflon said:

hurts like hell when it hits

A slug is less likely to penetrate body armor. A cheap gun with ammunition that can penetrate heavy armor? Who's complaining?

11 minutes ago, AdhesiveTeflon said:

Totally screwed if you miss.

Again, weapon mastering could solve this.

In addition with stripper clips you can get 5 rounds in the gun quick, even quicker with weapon mastering. 

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
Link to post
Share on other sites
Team_Speak_User
8 hours ago, Jlesaistu said:

see that the thing. mosin usually are not scoped. they are not that accurate weapon.

 

they where mas produce as standar infantry riffle. most fo them shoot between like 3-6 moa, wich is not impressive at all. But there where tested during production for accuracy. and the FEW RARE mossin who showed accuracy over standar where sent back to factory to get modified and become weapon for sharpshoter. wich require to bent the bolt and drill suport for the scope 

To expand upon your comment I believe for a rifle to qualify as a sniper in needs to have an moa that is less than 1. The difficulty is not to have a singular rifle be that accurate, but to consistently have every rifle you make (of that kind) be that accurate. which is why only select ones would be used for marksmen as you stated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlesaistu

Yea, as mosin where mas produced for fairly low training infantry men....most of them  did not had the shooting skill to live up for a more accurate weapon anyway.

 

guess poepel just have the missconception than bolt action= sniper...while it is true than most sniper are bolt action...dotn mean all bolt action weapon are actually accurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We already have the low cost sniper, just we don't have the ammo added in game for it.

 

TOZ-106+SLUGS

_vyr_141Naboj-Brenneke-Classic-Slug-20x7

Edited by kero
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is cheap it needs to be two-shot and slow reload/rechamber. The weapon is more than 100 years old. Make it crappy. It shouldn't be able to really compete with an AK.

It should be useless in close combat and only work well on mid-range.

Edited by rix5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
26 minutes ago, rix5 said:

If it is cheap it needs to be two-shot and slow reload/rechamber. The weapon is more than 100 years old. Make it crappy. It shouldn't be able to really compete with an AK.

It should be useless in close combat and only work well on mid-range.

Why would a 5 shot weapon need to be nerfed to 2 shots? Also, the action on my 91/30 is smooth as hot butter. It doesn't compete with an AK at all other than relative accuracy and the 7.62x54 which hits like a freight train which is ok for what the weapon is. For low level players facing fully geared players this is perfect. A best bang for your buck gun.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Why would a 5 shot weapon need to be nerfed to 2 shots? Also, the action on my 91/30 is smooth as hot butter. It doesn't compete with an AK at all other than relative accuracy and the 7.62x54 which hits like a freight train which is ok for what the weapon is. For low level players facing fully geared players this is perfect. A best bang for your buck gun.

If it was one-shot it could compete with shotguns and would be useful on short range. Not sure we want that? People running Mosin on short range and possibly winning vs shotguns which are two shots in many cases? Would that be realisitc? Should i be choosing the Mosin over a shotgun for close combat? I don't think so.

 

Edited by rix5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
7 minutes ago, rix5 said:

If it was one-shot it could compete with shotguns and would be useful on short range. Not sure we want that.

That kind of balance shouldn't exist here. In the end there will be over 200 guns. Players should use guns based on preference, not power-creep.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...