Damage/connection speed

So to preface this, I'm forced to play using a 4g wifi connection, because there is no broadband in my area (we can't even get cable/phone). So shame on me, that's my own fault.

However, I will watch videos of people playing this game taking a few hits and soaking up damage slow enough they're able to survive, bandage, take cover, etc. I very seldom experience fire like that. I always play with armor on, and I always die within half a second of taking fire, even from scavs using rifles. Is this normal? I'm beginning to wonder if maybe having a substandard connection is causing sync issues and making me take fire in increased heaps (ie, I'm eatting 5 bullets at once because of my connection rather than spaced apart, or it's tallying all the hits to one location, of say the first or last bullet fired when it resolves the data). 

I frequently play with a group on broadband, and they're consistently running a hire survival rate than me, against the same enemies, using the same cover. 

I could just be a bullet magnet, but I'm just wondering if anyone else on a spotty connection experiences this as well. 

LunaTerra
1 hour ago, Helo229 said:

So to preface this, I'm forced to play using a 4g wifi connection, because there is no broadband in my area (we can't even get cable/phone). So shame on me, that's my own fault.

However, I will watch videos of people playing this game taking a few hits and soaking up damage slow enough they're able to survive, bandage, take cover, etc. I very seldom experience fire like that. I always play with armor on, and I always die within half a second of taking fire, even from scavs using rifles. Is this normal? I'm beginning to wonder if maybe having a substandard connection is causing sync issues and making me take fire in increased heaps (ie, I'm eatting 5 bullets at once because of my connection rather than spaced apart, or it's tallying all the hits to one location, of say the first or last bullet fired when it resolves the data). 

I frequently play with a group on broadband, and they're consistently running a hire survival rate than me, against the same enemies, using the same cover. 

I could just be a bullet magnet, but I'm just wondering if anyone else on a spotty connection experiences this as well. 

Positioning could be a factor here, where you stand relative to your opponent can mean the world on how accurate they can be with their shots. Luck does come into it though sometimes. If you don't mind me asking, do you know your average ping when you play?

ShowMeDeWai

Damage in this game is really crazy.  Some games I just soak up bullets like it is nothing tanking rounds for a 5 minute fire fight.  Most games I will be downed within a half second of taking fire.  Does not matter if I have Fort/Fast, or Fort/Baddassnewrussianhelmet, or Paca/Kiver.  There are so many variables with the damage system that it is hard to keep track off.  You can be wearing Fort/Kiver and someone can two tap you in the legs with an SKS with HP ammo.  You can be wearing a Fort/Fast and tank 15+ rounds of 9mm to the chest and not even flinch.  

I doubt it has anything to do with your connection speed, though I certainly could be wrong.  You may just play more YOLO like I do.  I almost always die first.  

Well another example just now - I was at the loot rock by RUAF exit on woods - engaged to players cresting the hill  next to the tank closest to the wall. I put fire into one of them, who ducked behind the tank, and then positioned myself behind the rock, to where neither of us could see eachother, and I was headshot immediately by one of them. I'm beginning to think I have a latency/damage issue, either that or this guy just now shot me through the rock with one shot to the dome. 

Xenomorph0352

You should soak some rounds up ESPECIALLY if you have Fort/Fast. Try taking off your armor and helmet and putting it back on right at the beginning of the game. This circumvents a past bug known as the Armor bug. If you have PACA/Kiver on good luck I die all the time with those like you describe. Personally it wasn't until I started using Forts that I really started making some real plays.