Bodyarmor is way too op

I heard something about body armor being nerfed last patch, but in my opinion they're either buggin' out or they haven't been nerfed. 

I've sprayed countless of people with body armor today and it only displayed either 2 or 4 damage, and that's all. 
I don't think it's desync either considering most of them were entering a room.
What can be done to fight this? It's no fun to go fully geared and armored and lose to a paca having dealt 2-4 damage after a 15 round body spray.

Shoot the legs instead?

ShowMeDeWai
2 minutes ago, Chamil said:

Shoot the legs instead?

Nikita himself has said, "There is no leg meta."  So, no idea what this shooting the legs thing is.

TheHappyMile

What weapons, what type of ammunition? Those 2 things are the key.

Armor was nerved definetly. Still ok I think (while there are a lot of whiners crying it's useless - it isn't)

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Chamil:

It's no fun to go fully geared and armored and lose to a paca having dealt 2-4 damage after a 15 round....

Well is it op or not ? If fully geared means Fort, which is in every aspect superior to a paca, you should come out as the winner.

But hell there is a lot of lagging and desync going on right now so who nows who shot first or even landed a hit.

Skemba
7 minutes ago, Chamil said:

I heard something about body armor being nerfed last patch, but in my opinion they're either buggin' out or they haven't been nerfed. 

I've sprayed countless of people with body armor today and it only displayed either 2 or 4 damage, and that's all. 
I don't think it's desync either considering most of them were entering a room.
What can be done to fight this? It's no fun to go fully geared and armored and lose to a paca having dealt 2-4 damage after a 15 round body spray.

Shoot the legs instead?

Caliber and ammo please?

galakty_
5 minutes ago, herki said:

But hell there is a lot of lagging and desync going on right now so who nows who shot first or even landed a hit.

This. Its hard to judge when we're struggling with lags and desync... Sometimes Im putting 3-4 bullets from my mag, but statistics show 0 bullets. 

Xenomorph0352

Also there's a single fire bug right now where you're on full auto but you press and hold mouse button and only shoots once, this has only happened to me in shoreline during engagements at health resort.

AdhesiveTeflon
3 hours ago, Xenomorph0352 said:

Also there's a single fire bug right now where you're on full auto but you press and hold mouse button and only shoots once, this has only happened to me in shoreline during engagements at health resort.

The friggin worst is ambushing a guy and having your gun bug out after 3 shots of a 60 round mag.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Eragon284th

I'd just like to point out that it's not possible to land a hit for zero damage right now. Even shots blocked by armor do a single point of damage 

Jlesaistu
12 hours ago, ShowMeDeWai said:

Nikita himself has said, "There is no leg meta."  So, no idea what this shooting the legs thing is.

tell that to my slug... :P

LunaTerra
12 hours ago, ShowMeDeWai said:

Tell that to the scavs. 

ShowMeDeWai
Just now, MadMacks said:

Tell that to the scavs. 

lol that is what I said.  Even his scav's know there is a leg meta.  I wonder if he ever plays the game?

OP, it all depends on the ammo you use. I consistenly draw down fort armor with Ak-rounds in less than 10 shots.

If you run around with 9mm or PM-ammo don't expect to get through the armor fast.
With my short AK on full auto i need half a 30-mag to drop the fort-player, aiming for the chest.

Edited by rix5
LunaTerra
21 minutes ago, rix5 said:

OP, it all depends on the ammo you use. I consistenly draw down fort armor with Ak-rounds in less than 10 shots.

If you run around with 9mm or PM-ammo don't expect to get through the armor fast.
With my short AK on full auto i need half a 30-mag to drop the fort-player, aiming for the chest.

Some rounds were also changed this patch, DeadlySlob has a video discussing the new information regarding ammo. 

17 hours ago, Skemba said:

Caliber and ammo please?

17 hours ago, TheHappyMile said:

What weapons, what type of ammunition? Those 2 things are the key.

Armor was nerved definetly. Still ok I think (while there are a lot of whiners crying it's useless - it isn't)

5 hours ago, rix5 said:

Ak74N with a 60 round BP ammo mag

I'm pretty sure even a single shot from 5m away would not do 1-4 damage to a body. 
Consider I hit nearly half a mag on a nearly stand-still target. 

Maybe try to actually hit the target?

Hip-fire spray-and-pray-tactic might not work as well. ADS helps.

Edited by rix5
1 minute ago, rix5 said:

Well I mean if it displays 2-4 damage and the target was grunting and bleeding, it should indicate hits, no?

They increased bulletspread on hipfire, just sayin'.

If you hipfire that might be the problem.

BP ammo will kill 2 shots to the Kiver and less than 8 shots to the Fort AFAIK.

Maybe display-error?

Edited by rix5
Skemba
19 minutes ago, Chamil said:

Ak74N with a 60 round BP ammo mag

I'm pretty sure even a single shot from 5m away would not do 1-4 damage to a body. 
Consider I hit nearly half a mag on a nearly stand-still target. 

Must be something else then. BP usually goes right thru Fort.

I'm using BP with the OP SKS and it shreds. A bit larger caliber tho.

TheHappyMile

Well I killed a Fort/Fast guy on shoreline yesterday at 50 meters when he opened a door and I used an (fully modified) 19-01 Vitayaz SN with 9x19 Pst gzh. The mag was at 5 and minimum 5 shots missed. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a leg or arm-kill. 

When I went to look for his body I was super surprised. Either armor-bug or I shred him with 9mm

And yeah, when I use 5.45 BP spray'pray those guys usually drop after 10-20 rounds with a totally destroyed armor.

Jlesaistu

yesterday, i totally sherded a guy fort armor to zero and killed with in about 5-6 7.62 SP round from a base SKS.

i have to admit, i was proud :P

ShowMeDeWai
4 hours ago, rix5 said:

Hip-fire spray-and-pray-tactic might not work as well. ADS helps.

This game has no hip fire so maybe try trash talking him a different way?  Or just don't trash talk at all?

TanithScout

What weapon and bulelt type were you using? Some arent designed to pierce armour, they are designed to fracture after connecting and causing a lot of pain.

Also helps if you hit your target, because I know for a fact regardless of ammo type, when  can spray 10-15+ rounds onto anything, a hatrchling or a fort/fast Im doing damage. Maybe you weren't hitting him.

11 hours ago, MadMacks said:

Some rounds were also changed this patch, DeadlySlob has a video discussing the new information regarding ammo. 

This has been proven by deadly to be wrong in the case of MK255 which is flatout broken and will be fixed.

1 hour ago, ShowMeDeWai said:

This game has no hip fire so maybe try trash talking him a different way?  Or just don't trash talk at all?

Let him trash talk, as you said the forums are a place for sharing friend. I'm also scepticle of the OPs ability to hit the target or know about the bullet types. Thats why we're here. To get people ship shape and onto the killngi fields so I can collect the tags.

ZeroCh4nce
15 hours ago, ShowMeDeWai said:

lol that is what I said.  Even his scav's know there is a leg meta.  I wonder if he ever plays the game?

he doesn't. hes said he wont play until full release, but yet says things like there is no leg meta , or that hes watched thousands of streams and never seen 2-3 second lag spikes/freezes/ desync. 

zpwarrior
On 3/5/2018 at 7:16 AM, ShowMeDeWai said:

Used to be alot more prevalent  and effective, when the armor was even stronger. Some people still have not adapted, that's why I end up with blacked out legs and extracting with their gear.