Addressing "Mindless Slaughter"

indyjons

Dear Devs and Community,

My question is simply this. Will there be a mechanic that discourages EXCESSIVE Killing On Site (KOS) of other player OR rewards those who help other players in need? I feel that once competitive players and "ScriptKiddies" (hackers) get involved, there will be nothing but bloodshed and outcry. Yes this is a PvP game, but it is also supposed to be RPG.  I guess what I am getting at is that, maybe there should be a way of discouraging people of mindlessly killing people all day long and turning into yet another FPS. Perhaps if a player is know for the mindless slaughter of other players, traders are less likely to trade with, or give good prices to that player with that reputation? Verses, someone who goes out and finds a wounded player in the wake of a raid to help patch him up and "get back in the fight" so to speak.  Its just food for thought, let me know what you think.

Ninjapiraatti

In my opinion small penalty would be okay and that losing reputation amongst traders would be a good way "punish" excessive amount of KoS. Also it would be a lorefriendly way to give some punishment. The more you kill players more it is bad for the business.

TarkovEscaper

I belive it is more of suggestion.

Hackers will be "banned on sight" and "competitive" kind can be put down once and till the raid end.

You better get group of friends to get more of a fight to those who seek it.

Well, i *personally* can say that in such situation as in Tarkov people who is being left behind is most likely going to do the same thing as in real life. Some will unite, some will gone mad and only strongest will survive to Escape.

• Upvote 2
ithompsoni

i think that there should be a visual ''penalty'' to people who kill a lot of players, one example could be that for every player they kill, their character model (or their clothes) become more and more stained with blood. Their hands also.

To remove the staining, they would need to purchase cleaning material of some kind from a trader, thus giving them bad reputation among traders. This would also be a pretty expensive item, making it harder for them to hide that they are a ''bandit''. It should be the players choice whether they want to hide it or show it off as a part of the role they wish to play. 

This would show other players that they need to either be wary of the guy, or run like hell if they bump into him/her. 

Just a thought :)

• Upvote 1
TheTrainStation
2 minutes ago, ithompsoni said:

i think that there should be a visual ''penalty'' to people who kill a lot of players, one example could be that for every player they kill, their character model (or their clothes) become more and more stained with blood. Their hands also.

To remove the staining, they would need to purchase cleaning material of some kind from a trader, thus giving them bad reputation among traders. This would also be a pretty expensive item, making it harder for them to hide that they are a ''bandit''. It should be the players choice whether they want to hide it or show it off as a part of the role they wish to play. 

This would show other players that they need to either be wary of the guy, or run like hell if they bump into him/her. 

Just a thought :)

But that would go against the whole hardcore aspect, wouldn't it? Murderers are often great liars. Hence they are probably good at hiding things. I personally think you should never trust anyone by looks, because stuff like that will happen. But those are just my ideas.

ithompsoni

I disagree, i think it would add to the hardcore aspect. It would make you question and be more vigilant with new players you meet. ''Are they really friendly, or have they cleaned up after killing other players like me??''

Perhaps they could only add the blood staining if they kill players a lot lower lvl / experience than themselves..?

Showing everyone they are worthy of a bullet, and discouraging ''bambi-killing'' 

TheTrainStation
9 minutes ago, ithompsoni said:

I disagree, i think it would add to the hardcore aspect. It would make you question and be more vigilant with new players you meet. ''Are they really friendly, or have they cleaned up after killing other players like me??''

Perhaps they could only add the blood staining if they kill players a lot lower lvl / experience than themselves..?

Showing everyone they are worthy of a bullet, and discouraging ''bambi-killing'' 

I agree that it would be hardcore for the teamkillers, sure. But on the other hand, it seems very carebear to help non agressive players survive. But oh well, i suppose we are just talking about the free-roam mode of the game here. Whereas the raids will be the only matches that really matter.

ithompsoni

I don't understand how you think showing blood on a player that kills lots of other players is ''care-bear and helping non-aggressive players survive''.... if you kill someone and loot their body then you will get blood on your hands, they are going for an ultra realism style.... this adds to that.

It certainly doesn't help non-aggressive players survive. 

TheTrainStation
Just now, ithompsoni said:

I don't understand how you think showing blood on a player that kills lots of other players is ''care-bear and helping non-aggressive players survive''.... if you kill someone and loot their body then you will get blood on your hands, they are going for an ultra realism style.... this adds to that.

It certainly doesn't help non-aggressive players survive. 

Does that mean i get covered in poo when i try to unclog  the toilet? No, i make sure that that doesn't happen. :3 And i'm pretty sure anyone would try not to get blood on them while looking for stuff on a dead guy. Bullet holes are often clean wounds anyways. So it is unreasonable to assume that the blood from their head will flow directly into their pockets and backpack.

You want ultra-realism. This is it. Unless everyone but me likes to cover themselves in blood after a questionable kill.

4 minutes ago, TheTrainStation said:

Does that mean i get covered in poo when i try to unclog  the toilet? No, i make sure that that doesn't happen. :3 And i'm pretty sure anyone would try not to get blood on them while looking for stuff on a dead guy. Bullet holes are often clean wounds anyways. So it is unreasonable to assume that the blood from their head will flow directly into their pockets and backpack.

You want ultra-realism. This is it. Unless everyone but me likes to cover themselves in blood after a questionable kill.

I eat the heart of my enemy to gain his strength!

TheTrainStation
4 minutes ago, PolishKruk said:

I eat the heart of my enemy to gain his strength!

This might be an exception. xP

Though polish people are known for their blood thirsty rituals in battle.

Edited by TheTrainStation
Recontiger94
On 1/20/2016 at 0:59 AM, indyjons said:

Dear Devs and Community,

My question is simply this. Will there be a mechanic that discourages EXCESSIVE Killing On Site (KOS) of other player OR rewards those who help other players in need? I feel that once competitive players and "ScriptKiddies" (hackers) get involved, there will be nothing but bloodshed and outcry. Yes this is a PvP game, but it is also supposed to be RPG.  I guess what I am getting at is that, maybe there should be a way of discouraging people of mindlessly killing people all day long and turning into yet another FPS. Perhaps if a player is know for the mindless slaughter of other players, traders are less likely to trade with, or give good prices to that player with that reputation? Verses, someone who goes out and finds a wounded player in the wake of a raid to help patch him up and "get back in the fight" so to speak.  Its just food for thought, let me know what you think.

Excessive Tking results in "rat" status.

Your side will be alerted to your status at the beginning of the raid, and you are considered a "free team kill". IE there is no penalty for killing you if you get "rat status".

Edited by Recontiger94
8 minutes ago, TheTrainStation said:

This might be an exception. xP

Though polish people are known for their blood thirsty rituals in battle.

Haha yeah, you don't want to be on my bad side! Psychological warfare is half the battle. The other half is merely executing your enemies as they flee in terror.

1 hour ago, indyjons said:

I guess my question mostly concerns "Free Roam"

I wouldn't worry too much about it. People are still going to kill each other, this seems to be a pvp focused mmo with rpg elements. Smart and careful players are still going to live longer than those out looking for kills. 

So far this also doesn't seem to have the DayZ(mod) issue of people camping a hill with a thermal scope equipped .50 cal sniper rifle one shotting people from 1.5km away. We will all be on a much smaller map and everytime you pull the trigger you will be gathering attention. You must keep that in mind. 

As for solo players going and ruining people's day? Well it's going to happen but if you play with a group then you have backup plus the knowledge that your buddies will grab your gear if you get hit.

I dont understand the logic.   This is not a PVE game.  Its a PVP game with a story.  A story to keep it interesting and force players into an area to conflict.  This is not a carebear game.  Simple fact is that the stated even I lvl High Gear players will outclass a stupid low lvl low gear player.  This is an unforgiving dead city which you are trying to escape.   

Best way to stay alive.  Go slow and quite if alone and rarely engage.  Or team up and decimate with group tactics. 

TheTrainStation
9 hours ago, incus said:

I dont understand the logic.   This is not a PVE game.  Its a PVP game with a story.  A story to keep it interesting and force players into an area to conflict.  This is not a carebear game.  Simple fact is that the stated even I lvl High Gear players will outclass a stupid low lvl low gear player.  This is an unforgiving dead city which you are trying to escape.   

Best way to stay alive.  Go slow and quite if alone and rarely engage.  Or team up and decimate with group tactics. 

Well, i don't think that gear will matter that much(, except maybe for armor.) taking in consideration that weapons are very deadly in this game, it will mostly come down to skill.