RooZvonBooZ

6 Hits, No Kill

RooZvonBooZ

Ok, I usually dont rage at forums, but this has got to stop.

People are insane bullet sponges.

Just hit some dude 6 times with my SKS, did over 340 damage, but he didnt die.

He might have had time to heal up after my first few rounds, but come on....

I even hit him while he sprinted for cover, but he just kept sprinting like it was a sunday afternoon, and nothing happend. LOL

I think if I was hit with a 7.62 round, even wearing body armor, I would not be able to sprint after that... 

Is this ever going to change in EFT?

• Like 2

ShowMeDeWai
2 hours ago, RooZvonBooZ said:

Ok, I usually dont rage at forums, but this has got to stop.

People are insane bullet sponges.

Just hit some dude 6 times with my SKS, did over 340 damage, but he didnt die.

He might have had time to heal up after my first few rounds, but come on....

I even hit him while he sprinted for cover, but he just kept sprinting like it was a sunday afternoon, and nothing happend. LOL

I think if I was hit with a 7.62 round, even wearing body armor, I would not be able to sprint after that... 

Is this ever going to change in EFT?

Right now there are still issues with hit registry and lag/desync/latency.  I am not sure how you know you did 340 damage, the after death screen maybe?  Did you shoot anyone else or just him?  

You could have done a lot of damage and he was spamming his IFAK.  He could be sitting there bleeding to death now.  He could have died a couple of seconds after you died.  There is a lot of stuff going on and the dev's are working hard on getting things to work better.

I know it is very frustrating.  It can even be infuriating.  Just hang in there and let the dev's do their magic.  They already have one of the best FPS experiences I have ever had in gaming.  If they can pull this dream together I may very get fired from my job.  LOL

RooZvonBooZ

Yeah I know man @ShowMeDeWai , alot will probably change in the near future, we shall see.

But yes, the 340 damage was from the after death screen, Im 100% I did not shoot at anyone else until that, because I was squadding with a random, trying to get some gear in Customs spawn area.

I know it was risky, but still, my point of this post still stands.

That people can just absorb bullets as it is now, and just put some "cheese" on it lol

DanExert

I'm gonna sound like a complete jerk here and I apologise, but you know the health limit is 435, right?

• Sad 1

RooZvonBooZ

I know man :( @DanExert

Cant somebody just agree with me on this topic haha

Edited by RooZvonBooZ

DanExert
Just now, RooZvonBooZ said:

Cant somebody just agree with me on this topic haha

No lol, that's not how facts work ;)

I feel your pain man, but there are any number of factors that can affect the damage you do to another PMC, and the effect(s) it has on them. Mainly including:

• Ammo used + penetration chance
  • Body part(s) hit [and how many times in succession, + e.g. was it on a blacked limb]
  • Armour durability and class [BIG factor]
  • Med spam in between shots [gonna be fixed!] 

This is for anyone who has the same frustrations and comes to this thread, not entirely directed towards yourself. I'm not for a second saying you don't know how the game works :P 

Tommuh

There are issues as stated before. But check this video on YouTube. Sometimes it takes a few more hits then 6 to kill somebody, obviously it depends where your shots are landing and what type of armor somebody is wearing.

Edited by Tommuh
  • Thanks 1

Chamil

I've currently uninstalled the game for this reason. It's nearly impossible for me to win gunfights, no matter what. I'm in the european region and people are bullets sponges like crazy. It was way better before the patch. 

• Like 3

RooZvonBooZ

@DanExert Hopefully the new healing system will make people think twice about just sprinting in the open, after taking a few shots. I just had to vent out some steam here. 

I know the devs are tweaking and changing stuff ingame everyday, and the armor nerf to fort was good, now we just need some balancing on the ammo types, penetration values and chances, damage dealt, etc.

Maybe it would be nice to even damage through the armor? I mean, if you get shot with a bulletproof vest on, you might live, but it will hurt like hell? I dont know lol.

@Tommuh Nice video! It just shows how much ammo people can absorb at the moment. :)

@Chamil I was so close yesterday to doing so too, but what can you do... I still love the game. haha

kofik20

Lol I hit a guy few moments ago 11x times with M4 and Mk 255 mod 0 ammo, which has the best penetration to lvl 2 and lvl 6 armor and still he didnt die,,, LOL this damage system is very bad and very unrealistic

SatanoTroid

It hurts sometimes ...maybe laggs etc...

BattleCorgi

The video guy said 20 gauge is bigger than 12. FYI, it's not. 

TOZ should pretty much never kill anyone wearing a Fort. 6 shots to a Fort with a bolt shotty is kinda broken.

I think desync is a big reason for not getting kills but guys remember people will auto spam health the second they get hit, if you aren't consecutively hitting the same body part it is definitely going to take longer than triple tapping the same leg and blacking it out. 

BattleCorgi

Also, don't forget about 'fragmentation chance' on different rounds which is essentially 'critical hit chance' just a different wording. 

When the round fragments it breaks up in to many pieces and exponentially amplifies the damage. This is why you will sometimes one tap a naked and sometimes take 5 shots. Take a look at the latest ammo table approved by devs and choose wisely. 

Pointman762

@Tommuh 20ga is smaller than 12ga, works reverse with shotguns. And as far as the sniper taking more hits at range bullets lose velocity quickly after leaving the barrel hence more hits at a couple of hundred meters but I haven't had those guns yet to know their calibre. however if it was .338 or similar then old mate prob should have dropped first hit. 7.62 you might wear a few at distance. my RL one punches holes in half inch plate out to 300m.  I'm also surprised the m4 actually did anything at range especially the same damage as up close as 5.56 is pathetic after a couple of hundred meters. that they need to fix if they are chasing reality. but it is a game too so we cant really expect it to be 100% how it is with real shooting or no one would play it.

AeusDeif

just put 10+ sks rounds into a guy with BP ammo, and yet he killed me. there was no time for healing unless he was doing it while strafing and shooting. /shrug

FTR I'm counting those shots by the after match screen, not the sound of fire, because by the sound of it I unloaded a full magazine at 5 feet away.

Edited by AeusDeif
  • Sad 1

RooZvonBooZ

@AeusDeif Yea I find that using armor penetrating rounds, will just make people absorb even more bullets sometimes, so I just go for PS, usually works against both armor and flesh.

Usually they go down after 5-6 rounds max, even with fort on, but as I started this post, Im complaining that its not always  enough.

Im very excited to see what the magazine loading and healing animations will bring to the game, hopefully slow it down a little and make people more careful. :)

TeslaMSN13

At the moment this game is some kind of joke... hit registry and lag/desync/latency is a HUGE problem... Shootint to guy on his back with ak74n and kille by this guy by pistol by one bullet, killed thru the wall ect... a lot of situation could be presented here... Waste of time to play this game at this stage... They said net code fix implemented.... :D hahahahaha Yeah? Really? Where? In Tarkov? buhahahahaha good joke.

• Upvote 1

Leonovo

Desync is so bad on EU servers that most players just hatchet run. If you stand still and try to hit someone that is running you got no chance. Only solution you got is to use 60 round magasines and pray while unloading all of them witch is soo dumb. Too bad there is no visible improvement on the netcode to fix this damn desync issue. Really enjoyed the game but getting killed by a hatchet guy while he sprints after you unload all your mag and register no hits is no fun. Before i punch my monitor i'd rather stop playing untill they make this a priority and fix it. Too bad guys, too bad, drop all the other crap you planning, like new maps and fix this poo first.

Maashadar

16 hits from AKS-74U, using PRS, game says I did 388 damage. All on one guy. I died, he didn't. My only guess is that I was sprinkling different body parts, spreading the damage around, so I didn't zero out and finish off any single body part. Pretty frustrating though.

jogurc

Same happened to me, went behind a non-armored guy and emptied my mag on him. Had 8 hits with my AK-74N and he stood there like nothing happened.

GuerrillaOPS

Does anyone here remember what it was like to play Operation Flashpoint (these days called the first ARMA, lol) for the first time?

I absolutely loved the fact that I could play 1 hour for a mission which would end if a 2 man enemy patrol that I failed to spot shot me with an AK from a 200 meters distance.
My character died to a ONE shot into the ribs.
Dead and DONE.

THAT was a hardcore game damage system which mirrored real life very well (incl. wind plus ballistics) which made it AWESOME to play.
Nobody takes a 7.62 mm round and keeps on running, not to mention tanking several of them.

This is the most disappointing thing in this otherwise great game.

Sure it is more difficult to survive. Boo hoo.
Think how this makes low level players a bigger threat...

... which would translate into much more interesting end game for everyone.

Plus when the game gets developed to the level of having much bigger squads roaming around...
IRL a lone sniper or well played guerrilla warfare SHOULD be able to match the numbers with clever (re)positioning and cover. Now with sheer amount of shots you have to land it makes combat just face to face armor piss contest.

Now all that is coming if the system isn't radically nerfed is pretty much always having big maxed out squads exchanging 500 bullets per side to knock out one another in a face to face bullet fest rampage. Just another FPS where the only killshots are into the noggin. Sigh.

Nothing further from reality where nobody aims headshots because center of mass is all you ever need.
Even if you survive because being lucky with your armor holding, you can't keep on running like nothing happened. At least slow the character down, make the character kneel or prone after a legshot involuntarily...

All is really needed is less damage tolerated by body part, nerfed armor to real life penetration, damage regardless of armor holding up.... And we'll get somewhere closer to an actual hardcore game that isn't about how good at Quake you are, but your tactics in movement, use of cover, etc. REAL combat skills.

The game is not a simulator, nor legitimately hardcore before this.

Enough said.

Edited by Surma
readability

TheTeknician1

I have to agree dude....I lit a guy up with a sks in the head and chest...saw the pink mist from his face and no dice. not to mention my FPS absolutely TANKS when other players are around me. ive spent countless hours changing settings. and yet all I am is a walking medical drop/free loot spot. ive almost come to the bitter end of my rope with this ***king game as I cant level up with all the B***s**t that I come across in this game...no way that guy didn't die but alas, this game is so incredibly broken. "realistic" "simulator" "loot" its none of the above with the rage inducing bugs and retarded situations I find myself in. and for a game with amazingly high consequences almost entirely based off of FPS and the need for smooth operation, its garbage. I know its a beta, I know its a work in progress but seriously...the ***t is messed up. I have no choice but to spare myself the blood pressure rate and stress I get when another player is even remotely by me causing me to stop in my tracks in hopes the fps, render, game ud, and other factors play tag for even a solitary second. tarkov belongs in the garbage bin until the "game release".

gragon9800
9 hours ago, TheTeknician1 said:

I have to agree dude....I lit a guy up with a sks in the head and chest...saw the pink mist from his face and no dice. not to mention my FPS absolutely TANKS when other players are around me. ive spent countless hours changing settings. and yet all I am is a walking medical drop/free loot spot. ive almost come to the bitter end of my rope with this ***king game as I cant level up with all the B***s**t that I come across in this game...no way that guy didn't die but alas, this game is so incredibly broken. "realistic" "simulator" "loot" its none of the above with the rage inducing bugs and retarded situations I find myself in. and for a game with amazingly high consequences almost entirely based off of FPS and the need for smooth operation, its garbage. I know its a beta, I know its a work in progress but seriously...the ***t is messed up. I have no choice but to spare myself the blood pressure rate and stress I get when another player is even remotely by me causing me to stop in my tracks in hopes the fps, render, game ud, and other factors play tag for even a solitary second. tarkov belongs in the garbage bin until the "game release".

An sks to the head wearing a fast mt is 1 shot, It must have been desync or terrible ammo. 

As for the optimization the game developers are to blame as they do try and release updates for optimization.

They either do not know how to do it right or the system they work with is very hard to work with in terms of optimization, or they should just hire someone who knows what they are doing. As the scope system as well where it renders 2 games basically anything over 1x zoom and they said they will not make a temporary fix and we will just have to wait :) because 2 years without progress is good

• Like 1

TheTeknician1
12 hours ago, gragon9800 said:

An sks to the head wearing a fast mt is 1 shot, It must have been desync or terrible ammo. 

As for the optimization the game developers are to blame as they do try and release updates for optimization.

They either do not know how to do it right or the system they work with is very hard to work with in terms of optimization, or they should just hire someone who knows what they are doing. As the scope system as well where it renders 2 games basically anything over 1x zoom and they said they will not make a temporary fix and we will just have to wait :) because 2 years without progress is good

he wasn't wearing fast armor that's a fact...it was a 6b as I could see his face...sadly the same thing just occurred resulting in a rage quit and subsequently im here now. its a absolute atrocity that a game be in "beta" for 2 years. some serious stroking of the dog on their part. and if 2 years of beta and still these trivial issues I wonder what they actually do in that studio aside from laugh at the plight of players like me that sit here and wonder why on gods green earth someone can still be operating with a hole the size of a grapefruit in their cheek/forehead/jaw. its flabbergastry at its finest. I think I broke my desk raging so hard on it...to be determined. but I wonder why streamers are cabable of such amazing gameplay without a hiccup when us common folk are having such a tough go of it. 7th wonder of the world belongs to tarkov and the dev's.

Edited by TheTeknician1

gragon9800

They have the problems too, they just do not put it in videos unless they rant about it. 

P.S try not to get too mad as its not worth breaking things for