Jump to content

Exits Still Not Working After Months


Recommended Posts

Hi guys and gals,

I bought Tarkov months back (Mid 2017ish) and had all of the issues I'm sure most of you did - lag spikes, de-syncs etc. 
Somewhat annoying, but mostly bearable.

I, and some others, also suffered from an issue that meant extractions simply did not work.  I'd get to an extraction, feeling happy that I'd survived, and on the rare occasion, actually managed to get some reasonable loot. I'd walk up to extraction and it just didn't work. 

No countdown timer would appear.
I wouldn't get extracted.
I'd just be left there with my **** in my hand.
Leaving me to either wait and go MIA, or run out and fight until I die.
I'd lose all my gear and any bonus XP I'd of got for killing any PMC's / SCAVS, and the level would just end.

This is what killed the game for me, and what made me stop playing it.  Fair enough, it's in beta - they've got to work out the kinks.
I work in game dev myself, so I'm sympathetic to the situation - it's understandable. It's new, and they tell you explicitly "It's Beta" - they'll be some bugs, and as a player you know that going in.
Fair enough.

Long story short, months on (probably 6+ months) I decided to boot up the game again.  I'm still having the exact same issue!
7 times over the last 3 days I've had the exact same issue!

What's the deal with this?  Has it never been fixed?  Has it been fixed and now is broken again?  Are not many people having the issue (I know some are, see links below)?

Is there a workaround that anyone has found?

Dev's, are you even aware of this issue?  Are there plans to fix it?  Is there something I can do to minimise the rate at which it happens to me?


It baffles me that in a game as hardcore as Tarkov, where the objective is merely to survive long enough to make it to the extraction point, that a bug like this can be in the game for so long.
Not being able to extract in Tarkov is like not being able to jump in Mario.
It's a core game mechanic, and it hasn't ever worked properly for me.

For a player to actively risk gear taking it into a level, to then not only make it to the extraction, but also do pretty well for themselves in terms of loot is a great feeling.
But for as to whether or not you're actually awarded all your hard-won loot to be left up to a flip of a coin is infuriating.

It's hard enough as a new player dealing with the veterans mowing you down with their high-end guns, having the game shaft you too just seems unfair.




- 3 Pages of people complaining about this issue - Initially posted April last year

   
- One of the several posts about the issue on Reddit

- Another Reddit post with 30+ Comments

 

 

- A video of the issue in action

I've also included 2 screenshots of my own.  1, with all the loot I managed to pilfer in a SCAV raid.  And the other, me waiting to go MIA in the same raid after being unable to extract.

2018-03-06[19-49]_60.7, 1.7, 62.9_0.0, 1.0, -0.1, 0.0 (0).png

2018-03-06[19-56]_60.6, 1.8, 65.4_0.0, 1.0, -0.1, 0.0 (0).png

Edited by Vltor
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ravenhawkhero

did you double tap o, it could be that the extraction isnt active as the new system does do that

 

it could also be a bug

Edited by Ravenhawkhero
Link to post
Share on other sites
zpwarrior
3 minutes ago, Ravenhawkhero said:

did you double tap o, it could be that the extraction isnt active as the new system does do that

 

it could also be a bug

 

6 minutes ago, Vltor said:

Hi guys and gals,

I bought Tarkov months back (Mid 2017ish) and had all of the issues I'm sure most of you did - lag spikes, de-syncs etc. 
Somewhat annoying, but mostly bearable.

I, and some others, also suffered from an issue that meant extractions simply did not work.  I'd get to an extraction, feeling happy that I'd survived, and on the rare occasion, actually managed to get some reasonable loot. I'd walk up to extraction and it just didn't work. 

No countdown timer would appear.
I wouldn't get extracted.
I'd just be left there with my **** in my hand.
Leaving me to either wait and go MIA, or run out and fight until I die.
I'd lose all my gear and any bonus XP I'd of got for killing any PMC's / SCAVS, and the level would just end.

This is what killed the game for me, and what made me stop playing it.  Fair enough, it's in beta - they've got to work out the kinks.
I work in game dev myself, so I'm sympathetic to the situation - it's understandable. It's new, and they tell you explicitly "It's Beta" - they'll be some bugs, and as a player you know that going in.
Fair enough.

Long story short, months on (probably 6+ months) I decided to boot up the game again.  I'm still having the exact same issue!
7 times over the last 3 days I've had the exact same issue!

What's the deal with this?  Has it never been fixed?  Has it been fixed and now is broken again?  Are not many people having the issue (I know some are, see links below)?

Is there a workaround that anyone has found?

Dev's, are you even aware of this issue?  Are there plans to fix it?  Is there something I can do to minimise the rate at which it happens to me?


It baffles me that in a game as hardcore as Tarkov, where the objective is merely to survive long enough to make it to the extraction point, that a bug like this can be in the game for so long.
Not being able to extract in Tarkov is like not being able to jump in Mario.
It's a core game mechanic, and it hasn't ever worked properly for me.

For a player to actively risk gear taking it into a level, to then not only make it to the extraction, but also do pretty well for themselves in terms of loot is a great feeling.
But for as to whether or not you're actually awarded all your hard-won loot to be left up to a flip of a coin is infuriating.

It's hard enough as a new player dealing with the veterans mowing you down with their high-end guns, having the game shaft you too just seems unfair.




- 3 Pages of people complaining about this issue - Initially posted April last year

   
- One of the several posts about the issue on Reddit

- Another Reddit post with 30+ Comments

 

 

- A video of the issue in action

I've also included 2 screenshots of my own.  1, with all the loot I managed to pilfer in a SCAV raid.  And the other, me waiting to go MIA in the same raid after being unable to extract.

2018-03-06[19-49]_60.7, 1.7, 62.9_0.0, 1.0, -0.1, 0.0 (0).png

2018-03-06[19-56]_60.6, 1.8, 65.4_0.0, 1.0, -0.1, 0.0 (0).png

Looks like you're playing as a Scav and I think that the extraction doesn't work all the time if at all, try the upstairs office. I myself have never had an issue extracting on any patch unless the game was full of dysync..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, thanks for the swift replies.

I tried all of the exits, including the Scav exit - none were working, and I did also check that the extraction was actually active - it was.
In fact, I saw a PMC extract through the double doors just before I went to try and extract myself.  So it seemed to work for him, but not me. That might hint at it being some weird Client-side issue, which is also backed up by the fact that some people see the issue frequently, whilst others never see it. - But obviously, that's just speculation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The images linked shows the exits gate 0 and cellars are the active exits (so this would be a scav run). The video (which I relaize is probably a different player) shows someone trying to exit through gate 3 and it not working. You only get 2 exist as a scav and if one of them isnt gate 3 then you cant exit though the normal player exit.

While its not a bug, as a scav you can be in the situation of not being able to exit at all because gate 0 and cellars are behind locked doors that you probably wont have the key for. Again, this is working as intended so its not a bug, its just not very well thought out. 

Need more info, but this is likely your issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xmode said:

The images linked shows the exits gate 0 and cellars are the active exits

 

Do you mean the images in one of the links, or the images I've attached (right at the very bottom of my post)
I ask because I don't see anywhere in the images that I've attached that indicate which exits are, or aren't open.  Is there something I'm missing?
 

 

6 hours ago, xmode said:

The video (which I relaize is probably a different player)

1

Just for confirmation's sake, you're correct, it is a different player.  The only things of mine that I've attached are the last two screenshots in my post
 

6 hours ago, xmode said:

Need more info, but this is likely your issue.

 

What extra info do you need? I'll oblige if I can.

Thanks for your reply, xmode.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hidden_citizen

@VltorSome of the videos and images your are showing are from earlier patches, and most of those issues are due to heavy lag, they can't extract because they are not on the extraction zone, at least for the servers. These type of issues have been resolved already.

Please post a video replicating this issue with proof that the exit you are trying to use is indeed open, either a green flare is visible, or the lights are on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...
barbucha

So, i've just experienced the same issue, i just couldn't extract, at old gas station, and the green smoke was on the entrance door...
It happened to me before, i'm like a new player but i played it before, plus with all the maps there are online im sure i was at my extration point with about 26 min to extract...

Feels bad, cus i was just trying to get to the second extract, but died going in there, losing all of my loot and kills...

Hope devs can figure this out cus it's really making me mad about it, all that work not to die and then just die anyways cus i couldn't extract

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...