Poll: a closer look into which AK and ammunition players use.

space_marine65

A closer look into which AK and ammunition players use.  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which AK do you use the most?

• Vepr-136
    • VPO-209
    • AKM
    • AKMS
    • AKMN
    • AK-74N
    • AKS-74U
    • AKS-74UN
    • AKS-74UB
  2. 2. What is your go to ammunition for the 7.62x54 variants?

• HP
    • PS
    • BP
    • US
    • T45M
  3. 3. What is your go to ammunition for the 5.45x39 variants?

• HP
    • PS
    • BP
    • BS
    • BT
    • SP
    • PP
    • PRS
    • T
    • US
    • FMJ

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/2018 at 02:30 PM

space_marine65

Hey guys, im gathering some data for a test next week, and thought, why not try out with EFT. 

I would appreciate if you spend a few minutes answering these three questions.

Have a good one!

Your_Moms_Gyno

tbh i mostly used AKu74s but moved up to N's a while ago. Also recently gained access to BS ammo and haven't used it as much as i did BP for 545, and 762BP i'm never able to buy because i mostly miss the sale points for 762BP

Would be best to also have in there what level you are currently, what are your current trader levels, to get a better idea of why the purchase/use is occurring.

• Upvote 1
Jlesaistu

yea used aks the most overall, but right now using more AKM/sks/verp because i like 7.62 round. Use mostly PS on those as it is a good balance between penetration and flesh damage.

Most player run around with paca/kiver and PS does the job for those, feel PB might be overkill a lot of the time. Even fort guy drop relatively fast with PS round.

Edited by Jlesaistu
space_marine65

@qS_Sachiel Interesting, do you feel an impactful difference between the 74U and 74N? i mostly use the 74N, but use the 74U after the wipes, or at least untill i can get my hands on the 74N.

@Jlesaistu yeah, its a know fact to stay out of the way of a 7.62 PS round. 
I havendt tried the PB round yet, do you know the stats for it?

@stanmanth2 You're right, guess i should smoke AFTER getting the job done hehe..
Btw, you mention the SVD, have you tried to make a wannabe from the AKMN or 74N? it's a little refreshing compared to the other marksman/hunting rifles

My own ''SVD's'' untill we get the real dealxD

Spoiler

5aa3ed8559b58_2018-03-1015-32(0).thumb.png.b82f66b032aef57d2789a7f4bf78d677.png

Spoiler

5aa3eec16ead5_2018-03-1015-31(0).thumb.png.5959465831cd39a72c4f748e922894bc.png

Edited by space_marine65
TheHappyMile

At the beginning I used the AKS. But now I prefer the 74N using BP, BS or PP most. I also play the AKM. It's a great weapon but I have not that much and never bought any weapon most of the time it's the 74N again.

The 7.62-Vepr is also a great low-price no fear to lose it gun I have fun using. But it's not as good in CQB without the full-auto so...

Jlesaistu
20 minutes ago, space_marine65 said:

@Jlesaistu yeah, its a know fact to stay out of the way of a 7.62 PS round. 
I havendt tried the PB round yet, do you know the stats for it?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_8zSZg-viVTZ2bavMEIIKhix6mFTXuVHWcNKZgBrjQ/htmlview?sle=true#

you can see there, PS get 60 damage and 30 pen, where PB get 48 damage and 36 pen. so that 6 extra pen for 12 less damage. same ration than PS vs HP (hp get 72 damage and 24 pen, that an interesting things to notice, 7.62 Hp round have almost the same pen as 5.45 PS..who have 27 pen for 55 damage. 7.62 Hp are actually quite good and playable round)

the things is...30 pen as far i know is enought to punch trought kiver and paca (actually HP round 24 pen punch trought paca as well) but damaeg start to be very low with PB round. 48 lose the OHK potentil to chest 60 damage PS round had. what is kind of a huge deal.

so while PB if better again fort/fast...it kinda lose a lot of killing potential again kiver/paca player and scav. now the question is how often do you REALLY fight fort/fast player and is putting 1-2 less round on them worth putting 1-2 more round in almsot everythings else.

Edited by Jlesaistu
space_marine65

@TheHappyMile What do you mean you dont have much, standart user, or just low on cash?
Also, i 100% agree with the Vepr, its a fun gun, and its really fun when you fool some of the newer players, take a go in with a suppressor, take it off, stir up some noise, attach the suppressor and wait for the pray, its way more fun if you have a battle buddy with you.

@Jlesaistu Thanks for the link! have been looking around for it for quite some time now.

You make some interesting and good points, and you're also right, there are so few fort/fast armoured players right now, (unless you go to the health resort, and even there its a huge IF) that the high pen ammo is somewhat useless.
I hope with the jamming system and the scav bosses + their bodyguards will give us a reason to bring in a variety of ammo.

TheHappyMile

@space_marine65 I do not buy guns from traders. Therefor I use what I find and what I loot (what is definitely enough). That are more often AK74. AKM's of course are not that rare too. But they just do not find their way to my stash (and stay their ;D) that often.

I have an EOD-Stash that's too full and money is definetly not the problem.

Your_Moms_Gyno

There is a difference at least in behavior between 74U and 74N in my opinion. I'm really fond of the 74U however, and have a lot of experience with it. It does tend to jump alot on screen, but then i end up finding i've killed the guy with a headshot later. It's best for most of the encounters i find myself in, where i'm within 20-50 of target on customs, woods, factory. I always end up just bouncing the aim up to the target's head.

The N i'm a lot more comfortable beefing up on the mods and then pumping 60rounds into though, the U i just can't justify that kind of expenditure. 

Jlesaistu
1 hour ago, hoorayMFsean said:

i love how no one voted for the VPO-209 xD

because the 209 is kinda trash to be honest.

It does good damage, with pistol level penetration. But even for the hi damage/low penetration use they are still no good.

at this point you can still use 7.62 HP. 72 damage and 24 pen, FAR outclass the 63-75, 11-15 pen of the .336. Pretty much outclass the .336 to be honest....Actually i think everythings exept pistol outclass the .336

Edited by Jlesaistu