1.)Sling: Weapon Attachment 2.) High Level Camo paint 3.)

KingJamesIII

KingJamesIII

Hey!

1.) What do you guys think about a sling attachment? It would increase weapon change speed very slightly. You could switch to and from frags faster as well with appropriate animations. It would simply be another amazing attachment in the game :)

consling2.jpg

2.) HIGH level camouflage paint for your weapon: This should only be done at very high level, to replicate a hard core SF unit. But having an option of painting a color scheme over your weapon would be amazing... Weapons-of-Russian-Snipers-Seen-in-a-Liv

3.) Camo wrap for a specific marksman rifle: Be it an M24, Dragnov, RSAS, and SV-98.(God forbid, right?!)
    RifleGhillieFoundationUngarnishedLarge1.
           As well as a simple helmet with some ghullie material ontop of it. Now i think it should be minimal for both the rifle and the helmet, because the balance of these items can get out of control quick! But, there would be no gamebreaking effect from only the rifle cover and helmet ghuillie material attachment. Literally, could simply be 2 different shades of grass that you attatch/wrap onto your new 6B47 helmet :)main-qimg-24e8bc09c3c59df3d9141b8d5424d3

Cheers brothers. keep up the amazing work. 

• Like 1
DragunovCrux

Slings would be nice to add to better ergonomics.

However, don't buy slings that are plastic, or wrap over the barrel.

They tend to melt.

Edited by DragunovCrux
Shmickel

Sounds good on paper, faster swap, more ergo, more realistic but I assume that all weapon come with a sling or it would complicate the game on different aspect, because then people would ask for more.

1 - Needing sling to use weapon. It would be hell for going from Wpn 2 to Wpn 3 to Pistol. (" Im out of ammo with my M4 switching to the AK", *Throw M4 on the ground*,...... "Ok they are dead...... where did i drop that weapon again?")

2 - Transportation. Also if you can sling a weapon, why not carry as many as you can on you instead of the back pack + 1 spare? ( Fill back pack, cross/attach as many weapon behind your back while carrying 1 in your hand)

Should they add the sling so it look like you are wearing one with that gun? Yes.

Why aren't doing it? Don't know, maybe it is a pain to design and it is why people don't do sling in many gun game.

Soft skill are already their for fast swap, throw and reload, I think that is more than necessary.

• Cold 1
  • 2 months later...
Wigglybacon

I like the sling idea, I was thinking it could be used to stabilize your shots like the picture below in addition to holding your breath, particularly when doing standing and crouched shots, it could also reduce recoil a fair bit while deployed from a stat standpoint. You could get a little closer to the stability of prone firing without being prone. I also think a technique like this would be more viable once more bolt actions like the Mosin or any other slow rate of fire, tiny magazine, large caliber long guns are in the game. For balance sake maybe it takes a second to wrap and unwrap your arm with an animation that makes a bit of noise, and some limiter while you're "deployed" like you can't sprint and turn slower until you untangle your arm.

I can definitely see Shmickel's point about people then wanting a sling to be required to sling a weapon on your back regardless of what other function the sling has. I think they could balance that by making slings super common and dirt cheap. Make it almost hard to find a gun without a sling. I imagine in a warzone like this, most weapons would have a sling of some kind. (makeshift scav sling from an old bedsheet or piece of rope anyone?) Since people would likely be carrying their weapons nearly 24/7 and over decent distances. A sling just makes life easier when you have to hump the thing everywhere so the lore for them being really common could be explained fairly easily.

To counter the point of "why not carry as many [guns] as you can", same reason most RPG games limit you to wearing 2-4 rings. I've got 10 friggin' fingers guys! They gotta place an arbitrary limit somewhere to keep things balanced or things just get out of hand. I'd be totally fine with keeping the 2 large gun limit, maybe add a third with limitations like it's a "storage" sling spot that you have to switch out one of your other 2 weapons to use it. Like an extra backpack slot that can only hold a single weapon, and only if it has a sling attached. And maybe having a weapon in that slot reduces your mobility proportionally compared to the weight and length of the weapon just to balance out the extra loot potential a bit. But now I'm getting carried away.

Unfortunately, I'm also willing to bet slings would be a lot of work development wise. To fit within the same level of realism as the rest of the things on these guns would likely take an enormous amount of animation work alone. Maybe someday?

image.png.42a327691d0f67238c40b96736f125ce.png

Sorry to necro an oldish thread, did a forum search and figured this was a better place to talk about slings than starting a new topic on them.

Just my 2 cents and ideas, thanks for reading. :)

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
smokey-phil
On 6/6/2018 at 2:40 AM, Wigglybacon said:

I like the sling idea, I was thinking it could be used to stabilize your shots like the picture below in addition to holding your breath, particularly when doing standing and crouched shots, it could also reduce recoil a fair bit while deployed from a stat standpoint. You could get a little closer to the stability of prone firing without being prone. I also think a technique like this would be more viable once more bolt actions like the Mosin or any other slow rate of fire, tiny magazine, large caliber long guns are in the game. For balance sake maybe it takes a second to wrap and unwrap your arm with an animation that makes a bit of noise, and some limiter while you're "deployed" like you can't sprint and turn slower until you untangle your arm.

I can definitely see Shmickel's point about people then wanting a sling to be required to sling a weapon on your back regardless of what other function the sling has. I think they could balance that by making slings super common and dirt cheap. Make it almost hard to find a gun without a sling. I imagine in a warzone like this, most weapons would have a sling of some kind. (makeshift scav sling from an old bedsheet or piece of rope anyone?) Since people would likely be carrying their weapons nearly 24/7 and over decent distances. A sling just makes life easier when you have to hump the thing everywhere so the lore for them being really common could be explained fairly easily.

To counter the point of "why not carry as many [guns] as you can", same reason most RPG games limit you to wearing 2-4 rings. I've got 10 friggin' fingers guys! They gotta place an arbitrary limit somewhere to keep things balanced or things just get out of hand. I'd be totally fine with keeping the 2 large gun limit, maybe add a third with limitations like it's a "storage" sling spot that you have to switch out one of your other 2 weapons to use it. Like an extra backpack slot that can only hold a single weapon, and only if it has a sling attached. And maybe having a weapon in that slot reduces your mobility proportionally compared to the weight and length of the weapon just to balance out the extra loot potential a bit. But now I'm getting carried away.

Unfortunately, I'm also willing to bet slings would be a lot of work development wise. To fit within the same level of realism as the rest of the things on these guns would likely take an enormous amount of animation work alone. Maybe someday?

Sorry to necro an oldish thread, did a forum search and figured this was a better place to talk about slings than starting a new topic on them.

Just my 2 cents and ideas, thanks for reading. :)

Cheers.

The shooting sling thats not a bad idea for some of the rifles really and it would be more of a move towards making sure you have a soild grip on your gun before taking a shot kinda like holding shift works with everything just a shooting sling would be like that but much less stamina drain for long time covering of an angle or taking a number of long distance shots at a fairly rapid fire while keeping sight picture (depending on cal and action) i think the idea has some mileage in it even more with the idea of a scout rifle which i wont go into here but i will leave a link for anyone who wants to know what that is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_rifle